First time tractor buyer..

That difference is often not advertised. Dealerships will usually quote the same price. The will get what they can, but when it comes down to final negotiations, that is where one is more flexible than the other. In some cases it is advertised in the from of "cash back". It just depends on the company and the arrangement between the dealerships and the manufacturer. Some dealerships are more willing to work with you on price than others. Sometimes it depends on local demand. As someone said further up in the thread, it does help to get pricing from folks out of your area.

Also, you have to consider what your money is doing at the time of the purchase. At the time I bought my tractor, I could have used money I had, making four or five percent interest instead of using JD’s money at 0% interest. I asked about buying it outright, and they offered no reduction in price. Also, when financed through JD Financial - they provide some degree of insurance as long as it is financed - for catastrophic things like if it caught on fire or drove off into the pond. My 65 hp JD, with JD 0% financing, was less expensive than a similar model Kubota - with no financing. But to be honest, I would have paid a little more for the JD because I liked their service dept, and, in the four years I have owned the tractor, they have offered winter time service with free pickup and delivery - a $600 savings for me. The kubota dealer did not offer that
I will never ever under any circumstances finance. Its not even on the table

A few of the packages I've been looking at. For us, it would be around the house (10 acres), then also haul an hour away to our farm which we could mow trails, plot work, fire breaks, etc...I've really just begun to start looking into these packages. And, these dealers aren't nearby. I do have an LS dealer less than 5 miles down the road, but I really don't know what to expect in terms of quality. Service wise, i've got to believe it would be nice since they are so close. I'd just hate to have it in there often!

https://www.unitedagandturf.com/new...ges/ranch-hand-40-hp-tractor-package-special/

https://www.unitedagandturf.com/new...ges/roan-3035d-35-hp-tractor-package-special/

https://www.kubotacenter.com/kubota-l3901dt-package-deal

https://www.haneyequipment.com/inve...40-40hp-package-deal-athens-al-35613-2220527i

Last edited:
I like both of those John Deere packages & think that is a grea price. I never seen any sort of package like that In PA.

Better check but I believe the Kubota deal is for a gear tractor

That difference is often not advertised. Dealerships will usually quote the same price. The will get what they can, but when it comes down to final negotiations, that is where one is more flexible than the other. In some cases it is advertised in the from of "cash back". It just depends on the company and the arrangement between the dealerships and the manufacturer. Some dealerships are more willing to work with you on price than others. Sometimes it depends on local demand. As someone said further up in the thread, it does help to get pricing from folks out of your area.

I agree on the different quotes. I got several quotes on the same tractor - even two quotes from other states - and quotes from comparable tractors from different manufacturer. My local dealer made it easy - he was the lowest of all of them.:emoji_thumbsup:

I agree on the different quotes. I got several quotes on the same tractor - even two quotes from other states - and quotes from comparable tractors from different manufacturer. My local dealer made it easy - he was the lowest of all of them.:emoji_thumbsup:
Sounds like you did well!

I found a dealer an hour away that is $800 cheaper than my other quotes. They knocked money off for a cash sale. They also have a 2011 3032e with fel and 128 hours they will sell for 12, 500

Last spring, I looked high and low for what I call a "camp tractor" as opposed to a "farming" tractor. I work in the wood, fields, and in a stone creek bed. I narrowed my search to Kubota and Deere in the 25 to 35 hp range. I settled on a mint JD 3033R / FEL with 300 hours, for $17,000.

The 3032E at $12,500 looks like a really fair price. The E series is a bit lighter than the R series (2222 lbs VS 2900 lbs) and lacks some of the creature comforts of the R series. Both seem to hold their value, as do the Kubotas.

Right now, I love having the tractor at my disposal. And, I am glad I invested in a tractor, rather than leave that money the stock market! Good luck KS... no matter which one you end up with, you'll wonder how you lived with out it once you get one.

I found out more on the 3032e. It was sold by them new in August of 2010. Guy used it to pull a 5 ft bush hog 10 hours a year. He didnt purchase it with a FEL but they have one ordered for it so it will be brand new. They said it is faded and needed a new seat so sounds like it was maybe stored outside or under a carport. He traded it in on a commercial zero turn mower last week.

I will never ever under any circumstances finance. Its not even on the table

I bought my JD 4052M last year. Could have paid cash. Went with 5yr/0% APR instead. Why? Because I could make money with my money during that 5 years instead of giving it to them. I wouldn't have done it if they charged interest. Made a good investment with it during the recent dip...unless we continue downhill long term I'll make a good return on that.

I bought my JD 4052M last year. Could have paid cash. Went with 5yr/0% APR instead. Why? Because I could make money with my money during that 5 years instead of giving it to them. I wouldn't have done it if they charged interest. Made a good investment with it during the recent dip...unless we continue downhill long term I'll make a good return on that.
I am not ever financing. Debt free and love it.

I am not ever financing. Debt free and love it.

Yeah, to each their own. There's different kinds of debt. If someone is going to give me 0% APR so I can make a profit off the money I owe them instead of them getting the profit, that's the one scenario I'm game. Only reason I still have a mortgage too. In the end I come out ahead of paying off now.

I understand finances just fine.
No, that's what people with some actual understanding of finances say. Your desire to resort to personal insults show the extent of your intellect. Reported.
Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding except the continuing debt to love on another..
Proverbs 22:7 The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

I have a great financial understanding. No debt, investing 25k into retirement yearly, fully funding kids college 529s, budgeting and saving. Tell me where I am missing the boat? I manage all that without being a slave to the lender.

Oh report away. Bill remove me from this website. I choose to no longer be a member.

I understand finances just fine.

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding except the continuing debt to love on another..
Proverbs 22:7 The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.

I have a great financial understanding. No debt, investing 25k into retirement yearly, fully funding kids college 529s, budgeting and saving. Tell me where I am missing the boat? I manage all that without being a slave to the lender.

Oh report away. Bill remove me from this website. I choose to no longer be a member.

How do you interpret Romans 13:8? Does is suggest that debt should be avoided or that it should be repaid? Or does it speak of something deeper?

At any rate, I'd suggest you reconsider your resignation. I've enjoyed the light you've shed on this forum and I'm sure others have benefited from it as well. I had a bit of a bumpy start on this forum as Bill knows well. I think it is a better forum now.

Thanks,

Jack

I used to live debt free and made it a point to not buy anything unless I could pay cash. Owned my house outright at age 28. Paid for two kids college and didnt borrow a dime. I did something in the mid 90’s that made me rethink everything. I was looking to buy a piece of land. Large landowner was showing me around and happened to mention he had 1400 for $660,000. That was way more money than I had cash money for at the time. I figured I could finance and swing it but just couldnt stomach financing. I bought my first piece of land in 2004 - 12 acres, for cash, then another few years bought 38 more - for cash, then 60 more, then 68 more, then 17, a 140, and last year, a 40. Total of about 375 acres for an average of $2000 per acre. My land is right across rhe road from the 1400 acres the guy showed me back in the 90’s. I could have financed that property, and including interest, had about half again as much money invested as what I have now - and had 3 1/2 times as much land, now worth three times what I would have paid for it.
I learned there is out of control debt and responsible debt. No way I am taking retirement money making 5% interest to buy a truck outright when I could finance for 2.8%. Another thing that has changed my way of thinking a little is old age. I might want a new boat now, at age 65, as opposed to saving for two years - and might not be around, especially when I could easily afford the payments.
I know a lot of folks who get in trouble with debt - and if you are one of those folks who can not control your finances and spending, then finance as little as possible and no luxury items. But if you have control of your life, are responsible about your spending, and have the finances set aside for retirement, kids college, etc - I dont see a problem with financing responsibly. I am reminded of that everyday I look at that 1400 acres across the road from my place.

And just to keep the thread on track - I did finance my last tractor for 0% - and was going to pay cash - until my wife’s more sensible head prevailed.

How do you interpret Romans 13:8? Does is suggest that debt should be avoided or that it should be repaid? Or does it speak of something deeper?

At any rate, I'd suggest you reconsider your resignation. I've enjoyed the light you've shed on this forum and I'm sure others have benefited from it as well. I had a bit of a bumpy start on this forum as Bill knows well. I think it is a better forum now.

Thanks,

Jack
Enjoyed ks gobbler posts as well
hope he reconsiders

bill

Bill,

Please make sure KS Gobbler gets this positive feedback to this contribution here before you lose contact with him.

Thanks,

Jack

Bill,

Please make sure KS Gobbler gets this positive feedback to this contribution here before you lose contact with him.

Thanks,

Jack

pm sent

bill

pm sent

bill
Actually, I meant the moderator Bill. I'm sure he has an actual email address for him since he may not be accessing the site and reading this thread or PMs. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more explicit.