Deleted posts

Alaskan

Yearling... With promise
I may have missed something obvious...but curious as to why several of the "land for sale" posts have been deleted? Sold?

Alaskan,

You are out of my pay range (and I run the place). I can't see any deleted posts here (even with admin rights turned on).

I assure you nothing has been deleted here other than by the original user that posted it (not sure if they did, just sure that I didn't).

Is there something specifically you are looking for? Feel free to private message me if you prefer, I'll help if I can.

Thanks,

-John

It looks like someone went back and deleted a few of their posts.

Alaskan - what part of MN are you looking for land in? Any other requirements for land you want? I watch land for sale quite a bit and could post what I find.

Alaskan - what part of MN are you looking for land in? Any other requirements for land you want? I watch land for sale quite a bit and could post what I find.

Alaskan,

You are out of my pay range (and I run the place). I can't see any deleted posts here (even with admin rights turned on).

I assure you nothing has been deleted here other than by the original user that posted it (not sure if they did, just sure that I didn't).

Is there something specifically you are looking for? Feel free to private message me if you prefer, I'll help if I can.

Thanks,

-John

Sorry about not being specific. Looks like some of the initial posts regarding land sales were deleted by the original poster. Possibly because the land was sold. I just started shopping for land and think there is value and insight from reading the old posts. Hence the curiosity. I'll try a PM to the original poster for more info.

My search is a blank canvas right now. I like the transitional zone that offers up some oppurtujnity for ducks and upland birds, as well as deer hunting. Price per acre will drive parcel size. The good farm ground that sells for 5-6,000 acre in central and southern MN is going to be out of my price range...I'd like to find a larger parcel. Still have a young one in school, so being within 15 miles of a quality school is important. Appreciate any links you can provide.

Generally speaking SE MN has the best deer hunting in the state. You can find properties in Houston and Winona Counties that are in the $2500-$4000 range - if you look at whitetail properties under the Minnesota section you'll see some nice properties. The price goes up the closer you get to Rochester though. There's excellent duck hunting and fishing along the Mississippi river, but pheasant hunting isn't very good down here any longer. If crop prices stay low and CRP makes a comeback, the pheasant hunting could be good down here again.

http://www.whitetailproperties.com/...unting-property-in-southern-minnesota-houston

Generally speaking SE MN has the best deer hunting in the state. You can find properties in Houston and Winona Counties that are in the $2500-$4000 range - if you look at whitetail properties under the Minnesota section you'll see some nice properties. The price goes up the closer you get to Rochester though. There's excellent duck hunting and fishing along the Mississippi river, but pheasant hunting isn't very good down here any longer. If crop prices stay low and CRP makes a comeback, the pheasant hunting could be good down here again.

http://www.whitetailproperties.com/...unting-property-in-southern-minnesota-houston
Thanks. Asking price of 584,000.00. Will it sell for that? Does anyone have a feel for what you can realistically expect to pay? A certain percentage below listing price?

There isn't much tillable on the property, so it might drop a little lower. Tillable land here usually goes for over $5000 and wooded land is less. As you get closer to Rochester the wooded areas are worth more especially if they are approved building sites. I wouldn't worry too much about the asking price and base the offer price on what you think the property is worth. I would prefer a property with a little more ag land for rental income and food plot locations, but tillable acres would likely increase the price.

There isn't much tillable on the property, so it might drop a little lower. Tillable land here usually goes for over $5000 and wooded land is less. As you get closer to Rochester the wooded areas are worth more especially if they are approved building sites. I wouldn't worry too much about the asking price and base the offer price on what you think the property is worth. I would prefer a property with a little more ag land for rental income and food plot locations, but tillable acres would likely increase the price.

Good looking place. I'd seriously consider it if it weren't for the homestead carved out of the center and the powerline. Appreciate the link though.