Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I am going to pull the trigger on a set of L series cameras when they become available. Are the reports others have been posting available when NOT using the cell camera? I live at the property and can link a home camera to my house directly. The report would be nice to monitor the system.

I am going to pull the trigger on a set of L series cameras when they become available. Are the reports others have been posting available when NOT using the cell camera? I live at the property and can link a home camera to my house directly. The report would be nice to monitor the system.
the report you view when pulling the card from the home camera is not exactly the same as what others have posted. You also need cellular home unit to do remote setting /adjustments to your network. Depending on what you mean by monitor ,you will be able to see some info like battery ok or low and sd space when jsut pulling the home card.

the report you view when pulling the card from the home camera is not exactly the same as what others have posted. You also need cellular home unit to do remote setting /adjustments to your network. Depending on what you mean by monitor ,you will be able to see some info like battery ok or low and sd space when jsut pulling the home card.
That’s basically it. I could literally have the home unit on my back porch. I would like to monitor the “health” of the other units so I could catch battery and sd problems quickly, but only when necessary. Do you have an example of what that report looks like?

That’s basically it. I could literally have the home unit on my back porch. I would like to monitor the “health” of the other units so I could catch battery and sd problems quickly, but only when necessary. Do you have an example of what that report looks like?
i dont only because all my personal networks are cellular and i havent saved any reports form SD networks , Someone at Cuddeback CS may be able to send that you. you will be able to accomplish what you want, but you will only get one report a day

When you pull card on home camera you will find a 400 file that has a report in html format which is what is sent via email. You will also find subfolders for each camera with a status pic and pictures. You will need to go to last picture and backup till you hit last previously viewed pic, I then go through them and cycle till it flips back to beginning of pics which is lastest info from individual camera. It has a "as of" time/date so you know cam still up and connected.
I have 10 on cell at hunting lease and 8 here at house without cell. I pull card in the morning to go with my coffee. Takes longer than just checking email, but same results.

Ahh, see my post, meant for it to be a reply. And, for as much as people want for used J's, might as well wait for L's with fresh warranty. Have 2 coming as replacements for condemned J's, eager to compare.

Ahh, see my post, meant for it to be a reply. And, for as much as people want for used J's, might as well wait for L's with fresh warranty. Have 2 coming as replacements for condemned J's, eager to compare.
ya, with quite abit of trashtalking cuddelink out there, it's ironic that used cuddelink gear is almost impossible to find, and when you do find it, the pricing is really high. I'm waiting for the new gear myself.

ya, with quite abit of trashtalking cuddelink out there, it's ironic that used cuddelink gear is almost impossible to find, and when you do find it, the pricing is really high. I'm waiting for the new gear myself.
ive been testing and using the L series for the last month and i feel users will be very happy with the new housing design and the sensitivity settings, if you want a camera that will trigger and catch a mourning dove when it flies by..... mine do it on a regular basis. Image quality at night is better in the sense that you can zoom in and not have distortion occur as much as the J series . This is a result of utilizing a different sensor. I would suggest anyone looking to add more cameras to their network to wait until the new cameras are available.

Starting to see pics posted by Tracks users and noticeably better quality. Question for John. Which fresnel lense comes on L? Something unique to L?

Starting to see pics posted by Tracks users and noticeably better quality. Question for John. Which fresnel lense comes on L? Something unique to L?
yes its a new "hybrid " fresnel lens that is in between the wide angle and the centered 9004

ive been testing and using the L series for the last month and i feel users will be very happy with the new housing design and the sensitivity settings, if you want a camera that will trigger and catch a mourning dove when it flies by..... mine do it on a regular basis. Image quality at night is better in the sense that you can zoom in and not have distortion occur as much as the J series . This is a result of utilizing a different sensor. I would suggest anyone looking to add more cameras to their network to wait until the new cameras are available.
Is the Filter noticeably more quiet on the L series? It’s my biggest gripe with the current J and G series. I’ve visually watched deer walk towards to the camera very wearying and I notice overtime deer start walking around the camera instead of in front of it. Definitely had to think differently on how they get setup on trails and such.

Is the Filter noticeably more quiet on the L series? It’s my biggest gripe with the current J and G series. I’ve visually watched deer walk towards to the camera very wearying and I notice overtime deer start walking around the camera instead of in front of it. Definitely had to think differently on how they get setup on trails and such.
The black flash doesnt have a filter so no click at all on the Black flash L. The IR has a filter and no, its not quieter, but they changed the firmware so it doesnt switch more than once when the ambient light conditions change. NOTE- I have not tested this yet but havent received any images were it switched back in forth at all during transition time. Im going off what the engineer told me.

The black flash doesnt have a filter so no click at all on the Black flash L. The IR has a filter and no, its not quieter, but they changed the firmware so it doesnt switch more than once when the ambient light conditions change. NOTE- I have not tested this yet but havent received any images were it switched back in forth at all during transition time. Im going off what the engineer told me.
Thanks for the info John.

the L series routinely catches small birds in flight, this is with sensitivity one notch above default and there is 6 settings other than the default setting. 5C459A18-1FA6-4CFE-879F-C8F9B10DD458.jpeg8975004F-C57D-4A26-A308-4E778DF079D1.jpegE72C0738-DDDF-4464-A15B-2450F9EBB7EE.jpeg

the L series routinely catches small birds in flight, this is with sensitivity one notch above default and there is 6 settings other than the default setting. View attachment 49809View attachment 49808View attachment 49807
Do you know or has cuddeback ever acknowledged how many cameras the average user runs in their Cuddelink systems? The most cameras I've had in one of our systems is 17, and we were constantly going over for data use. Granted, most cameras are set on a 5-second delay for both day and night, but most are on game trails. I wonder if more sensitive cameras would eat into data more, and end up being more expensive for the user? It's definitely the first thing that comes to mind for me when hearing about a more sensitive camera.

Do you know or has cuddeback ever acknowledged how many cameras the average user runs in their Cuddelink systems? The most cameras I've had in one of our systems is 17, and we were constantly going over for data use. Granted, most cameras are set on a 5-second delay for both day and night, but most are on game trails. I wonder if more sensitive cameras would eat into data more, and end up being more expensive for the user? It's definitely the first thing that comes to mind for me when hearing about a more sensitive camera.
i know the number but im not going to share it , it does go up every year , meaning the average user adds to his network each year.
Regarding sensitivity , yes.... more sensitive will take more images and use more data, but you have the option to set it to your preference , even turning it down if you prefer. Ultimately having it take less images and using less data. The sensitivity settings were added as a feature because we had users conintually ask for a more sensitive camera , this allows the user to turn it up if they desire. People all want different features, there is very little consistency in what features people use or deem as most important.
Most detection issues are because people dont mount or aim their cameras correctly but for those that dont want to mount it the way we recommend,or want the camera to trigger on deer and animals that are at a long distance ,they can turn the sensitivity up as high as it will go and accomplish that.
In your specifc case with 17 cameras , if you are constantly going over, you can select an unlimited plan and the average cost per camera is still very low compared to other set ups.

Good morning John, I have a couple of questions.
1. Will there be a CuddeSafe available for the new L-series cameras? All of my cameras require that plus locks to mitigate loss from bears and thieves.
2. Is there a reliable technique you can suggest for attaching a cable lock to the new PW-003 solar panel? Even when I use a CuddeLock clip, there is not enough space to add even a thin cable.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 19
Good morning John, I have a couple of questions.
1. Will there be a CuddeSafe available for the new L-series cameras? All of my cameras require that plus locks to mitigate loss from bears and thieves.
2. Is there a reliable technique you can suggest for attaching a cable lock to the new PW-003 solar panel? Even when I use a CuddeLock clip, there is not enough space to add even a thin cable.

Thanks!
there is a safe on the way for the L series, should arrive in march. Not sure there is a good solution to lock the solar panel as with enough force it can be ripped off the mount if they want it bad enough. You could get the 10ft steel wrapped c2-c2 cable and mount it high enough that the thief couldn't reach it without a ladder

Here is mount I have been working on for my cuddelink camera system…I use Dakota lithium 7ah batteries…just thought I would post to show how I keep my cameras going in dense forest for several weeks…I have not tried the new solar panels yet

Attachments

• 8649F3AE-DB11-442C-AF04-270D6D4A5CFE.jpeg
    8649F3AE-DB11-442C-AF04-270D6D4A5CFE.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 4DE7803C-EB11-43AE-BA81-790763F3B7D7.jpeg
    4DE7803C-EB11-43AE-BA81-790763F3B7D7.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 14
  • D2E6A0DB-6991-4972-AE4F-B354B9D2D43B.jpeg
    D2E6A0DB-6991-4972-AE4F-B354B9D2D43B.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 13
Here is mount I have been working on for my cuddelink camera system…I use Dakota lithium 7ah batteries…just thought I would post to show how I keep my cameras going in dense forest for several weeks…I have not tried the new solar panels yet
I tried a very similar route for about 12 cameras and eventually moved entirely to solar panels. I found that the batteries just weren't effective in colder temps. There are a couple of threads on cuddeback and camera power in general on this forum.