Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

The unlimited data plan (2 GB limit when in solo mode) transmitting 1MP images (250 KB/pic average) will give:

2,000,000 KB / 250 KB per pic = 8,000 images per month

Thanks. That makes sense. Only 237 for the 2000 picture plan doesn't though. At least no one has questioned my math so far LOL...probably see it in the morning. Thanks and G'nite.

This is from the manual regarding sizes etc

CC IMAGE - sets the size of the image emailed
NOTE—this menu only appears if the camera has CL MODE set to OFF
Select SMALL, 1.3 MP, or 5.0 MP
Data used for the images sizes are:
• 5.0 MP uses 1 MB to 1.5 MB of data per image
• 1.3 MP images use about 250 KB of data per image
• SMALL use about 75 KB of data per image
This means that for each 5.0 MP image emailed you can send 20 small images for the same data cost.

Ok thanks. That would be great to put on the website etc too. How many pictures one can expect with each plan would be too.

I'll just wait for a response from them next week on my less than 250 pictures issue.

G'nite for good :emoji_sunglasses:

Got a response but not an answer on the less than 250 pictures issue. That's fine. Another thing to actually make it transparent would be to say "up to" 2000 pictures etc. "Not even close to 2000" would be even better, if going 1MP or bigger.

I see other companies doing the same thing and complaints about it too. Guess for Cuddeback I'll just stick to the "small picture". Or maybe the unlimited with 1MP especially if adding some cams to it- "small pictures" with those of course.

IF anyone is using the dual power bank be sure to update your firmware on all cameras in your network to 7.9 or (8.0 when it comes available), a bug was found regarding the DPB and updating to the new firmware should fix the issue.

Does 8.0 come with a screwdriver? Good thing there was only 6" of that crusty snow and half a mile to walk. Twice. :emoji_anguished: Did try my zipper..which now doubles as a corkscrew. I left the screwdriver strapped to the backside of the tree.

How about bringing back the metal strap buckles and have a built in screwdriver on it. Or have a small screwdriver that clips onto the camera housing. Or just do away with the need for a screwdriver...

Does 8.0 come with a screwdriver? Good thing there was only 6" of that crusty snow and half a mile to walk. Twice. :emoji_anguished: Did try my zipper..which now doubles as a corkscrew. I left the screwdriver strapped to the backside of the tree.

How about bringing back the metal strap buckles and have a built in screwdriver on it. Or have a small screwdriver that clips onto the camera housing. Or just do away with the need for a screwdriver...
None of mine has the screw in it. I found I didn't need it. A couple of mine I have a self-made screw in mount that screws into the 1/4" threads where the screw was. THe other couple ones have the standard Cuddeback mount, but no screw.

None of mine has the screw in it. I found I didn't need it. A couple of mine I have a self-made screw in mount that screws into the 1/4" threads where the screw was. THe other couple ones have the standard Cuddeback mount, but no screw.

So you just left the screw out you mean? Any chance you have a picture of the mount you made?

Put out 5 cameras on Saturday and first Report showed all five. Has only shown 3 last 2. But indicates it is using at least one of them as a link. Can someone please explain how this happens.
A0808D08-4C2B-44DE-B353-68313640A2F6.jpegD6D9F8EE-DE6D-4191-97D7-6153A042A631.png45D68B55-E42F-401E-8607-746D5927C3EA.png

Put out 5 cameras on Saturday and first Report showed all five. Has only shown 3 last 2. But indicates it is using at least one of them as a link. Can someone please explain how this happens.
View attachment 27876View attachment 27877View attachment 27878
If I were you I would start with updating all firmware.

I am waiting on 8.0. They worked fine in October with this Firmware.

I noticed both cameras that are not showing up had "Good" on the level when you deployed them instead of a number.
I would suggest changing the channel on all your cameras as you may be getting interference from another source.
Of course this will be easier with the 8.0 and you will have many more channel options.

I noticed both cameras that are not showing up had "Good" on the level when you deployed them instead of a number.
I would suggest changing the channel on all your cameras as you may be getting interference from another source.
Of course this will be easier with the 8.0 and you will have many more channel options.
I noticed that too, not sure what that meant.

I have the K-5789 with the two J-1521
I have been reading that on the K-5789 you can use rechargeable batteries my question is.
Does the K-5789 camera know if you are using a solar panel like 3501 or a power booster like 3358 or 3563 with rechargeable in camera ?
1)Point is using rechargeable in camera they should stay charged by either solar panel or power booster is that right to assume.
2) I have also read using the power boosters with the cameras it will use the external power first then when voltage get to low camera will switch over to internal batteries
3) can someone explain this and how it works

When I deployed my K camera everything worked good for two days then began to drop cams. I updated to latest firmware and they have been solid since then. Your signal strength seems very low. Try swapping the Home cam and #5, putting Home more centrally located in the nodes. Check batteries, even though report shows them good. I had one situation with two cams with dead batteries that never even showed low on the report, just dropped from the report.

When I deployed my K camera everything worked good for two days then began to drop cams. I updated to latest firmware and they have been solid since then. Your signal strength seems very low. Try swapping the Home cam and #5, putting Home more centrally located in the nodes. Check batteries, even though report shows them good. I had one situation with two cams with dead batteries that never even showed low on the report, just dropped from the report.
Had it that way, but poor 3G cell signal. It may be dead batteries. They were removed in November and kept together and placed back in same cameras last week. Had 75+ days. Will check next week.