Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

I think this is my first post here..signed up mainly just to read and be able to see the pictures.

I have an issue with my Dual Cell that doesn't really bother me because I'm having under 20 pictures sent an hour, just wondering why it's doing this. I thought I had it set to just send pictures every hour but it's not only doing that, but every time it takes 5 pictures it'll send them asap after the 5th. Keeps doing this for every 5 taken. If there are less than 5 it'll just send them at the end of that hour. Or if it takes and sends 5 the first half hour but only 4 the second, it'll wait until the end of the hour to send those 4.

Are you able to set it up to do that and maybe I did unintentionally..or do I have a Cuddebug...
I would say you have the batch or CC Rate set to 5. This sets the number images needed to before transmission. I don’t think image size has any bearing on the transmit frequency. All transmissions are thumbnails.

I would say you have the batch or CC Rate set to 5. This sets the number images needed to before transmission. I don’t think image size has any bearing on the transmit frequency. All transmissions are thumbnails.
In Solo mode, you can transmit high res pictures. But, I also do not think that is the issue. May be Time-Lapse related. Time Lapse may may override the hourly setting. Ill check if he attaches picture.

Thanks for the response. So the batch or CC Rate is different from whatever it's called where you have it set to send every hour or how many hours you want them sent? Will get to the manual later this week but thought I'd ask here first.

In Solo mode, you can transmit high res pictures. But, I also do not think that is the issue. May be Time-Lapse related. Time Lapse may may override the hourly setting. Ill check if he attaches picture.
I have it set at 1mp for the pictures. Picture coming shortly

Last edited:
Here you go:

Attachments

• Kicker2).JPG
    Kicker2).JPG
    225 KB · Views: 40
The manual doesn't address the issue Tamarack is asking about. Why doesn't anyone believe JoeS? :emoji_slight_smile: I do, but I've never had a stand-alone on anything other than Batch 1 so I can't verify.

The manual doesn't address the issue Tamarack is asking about. Why doesn't anyone believe JoeS? :emoji_slight_smile: I do, but I've never had a stand-alone on anything other than Batch 1 so I can't verify.

I apologize if I missed the issue discussed somewhere. Did real a LOT of that Yuge thread but this just came up for me recently.

It says 225kb on my pic there though..hmmm. That does remind me of something that bugs me. Get the 2000 picture plan and it fills up after less than 250 pictures. I realize it goes by file size but something isn't adding up especially if it's 225kb. Still waiting for a response from them on that.
Looked up a daytime one..still only 267kb.

Last edited:
Think they all do that, at least all mine do when the file size you have set to send at 1mp, when it is set at 5mp it sends every 3 pics n whatever time interval you have chosen. If you want it to send more at a time you’ll have to set the transmission size to small, at that is sends after every 30 pics and the time interval you have chosen

Oops..completely missed your post. Sorry! And thank you.

Can you attach a picture from that camera? Are you only running the Dual Cell?

Missed this one too. I'll banish myself from here for a month.
Attached the picture...and yep, just the Dual Cell at the moment.

The little “yearling.... with promise” tag next to my name must give people the impression I know nothing about the system even though I have 51 cuddelink units. Not saying I know everything there is to know, just not a novice at this point.

The little “yearling.... with promise” tag next to my name must give people the impression I know nothing about the system even though I have 51 cuddelink units. Not saying I know everything there is to know, just not a novice at this point.

Dang! And here I am waiting for a sale on just a few to add to mine. Few hundred if I win the lottery.

51!! Wow, am I jealous. You definitely should have seen it all by now. I only ran solo very briefly when it first arrived. I do not remember mine doing that, but I cannot remember my name sometimes either lol. So I'm going with you Joe.

Missed this one too. I'll banish myself from here for a month.
Attached the picture...and yep, just the Dual Cell at the moment.

Here is your Metadata. Only thing to add aside JoeS post, is you battery voltage is low.

FW7.7,Image,Size225KB,D=10/25/2019,LD=91,BT=18,RD=89,LH=0,LI=866,BL=6542,BP=25%,BS=Int,BD=89,BI=3760,CF=Enabled,SP=Close,LF=340,EX=Centered,ID=THE 50,SM=ADV,DD=3min,DI=2,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=4min,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Here is your Metadata. Only thing to add aside JoeS post, is you battery voltage is low.

FW7.7,Image,Size225KB,D=10/25/2019,LD=91,BT=18,RD=89,LH=0,LI=866,BL=6542,BP=25%,BS=Int,BD=89,BI=3760,CF=Enabled,SP=Close,LF=340,EX=Centered,ID=THE 50,SM=ADV,DD=3min,DI=2,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=4min,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

Thanks. Yeah I got the warnings for that. Moved the cam to avoid the snow blowing into and blocking it. Now things are blocking the sun(have a solar panel for it). Plan to put some regular Rayovac D's in it for the last month or so I have it out. Put it back out late summer.

if you are running a dual cell in solo mode and have your image size anything larger than "small" you will not get the ave amount of images sent on a plan unless its unlimited. The dual cell has a max amount of data it can hold in que to be sent so when it hits that level it sends it. When running it at 1 mp that is about 5 images. If you move your image size to "small" it will wait until it hits 20 if you have you batch set that way and you also will have a much harder time filling up your data allowance.

Thanks for the info. But even if each picture were sent individually the 2000 picture plan should cover much more than 250 pictures...?? But that is another thing I asked them and waiting a response on...maybe you know the answer- how many pictures then can one expect to be able to get with the unlimitted if 1mp pictures?

I would have loved to switch it to "small" but was two hours away. Can't wait for the new update to be able to do that.

They should at least be a little more specific, or transparent, about what to expect with each plan- on their website etc. Even 1000 1mp pictures is quite a slash from 2000. I can't even get 250.....

Thanks for the info. But even if each picture were sent individually the 2000 picture plan should cover much more than 250 pictures...?? But that is another thing I asked them and waiting a response on...maybe you know the answer- how many pictures then can one expect to be able to get with the unlimitted if 1mp pictures?

I would have loved to switch it to "small" but was two hours away. Can't wait for the new update to be able to do that.

They should at least be a little more specific, or transparent, about what to expect with each plan- on their website etc. Even 1000 1mp pictures is quite a slash from 2000. I can't even get 250.....
i copied and pasted below from the cuddeback website, it details exactly what the data amounts translate to and i think its very transparent. The factor that is unknown is how many images are daytime or nighttime and if they are black and white or color as that can effect the data per image used.

* Each image is estimated to use about 50KB of data. Data is allocated in megabytes (MB). Most users will get more images than stated, but it is possible to get fewer. 750 image plan is allocated 40MB, 2000 image plan is allocated 100MB.

* Unlimited data does not apply to Sole Mode. Solo Mode is enabled when the cell camera is not part of the CuddeLink network. With Solo Mode you can send small, medium or full size images with sizes from approximately 50KB (small) to 1MB (full). Unlimited data plan is allocated 2GB which is 2000 full size images or 40,000 small images.

Yes, I've seen that. It even says "each image is estimated to use about 50KB of data". Telling people that would be the "small" pictures would be transparent. Then give an estimate for the 1mp and 5mp. "Most users will get more images than stated". Again, only with the "small".

My pictures all look to be well under 300kb each. Day and night.

The unlimited data plan (2 GB limit when in solo mode) transmitting 1MP images (250 KB/pic average) will give:

2,000,000 KB / 250 KB per pic = 8,000 images per month

And what is the middle one, in kb? And how many pictures should one expect in the 2000 and 750 plan? Having that information, and outside of the "* Unlimited data does not..." would also be helpful, and transparent. I didn't even bother reading that since I had no interest in the unlimited plan at the time.

Still trying to figure out why one wouldn't get more than 237 pictures of 1MP pictures in the 2000 picture plan though.

Edit: I thought it was "small", 1MP, and then 5MP(Full)?? Too late for this number crunching. Have a good night and thanks for the help so far.

Edit2:..That wasn't to you, Fred. Was to John...seems his post is gone.

Last edited: