All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

After I do this do I go back through the process again and turn them back to off?
no you dont want to that , if you do the action wont take place.

11:45.. still no picture.
Finally received the picture at 5:11 which was taken at 4:55. No other pictures taken according to the report. Will be going to the the cam later this morning.

Finally received the picture at 5:11 which was taken at 4:55. No other pictures taken according to the report. Will be going to the the cam later this morning.
You shouldnt expect commands to take place in real time. in most cases they will be administered in 12 hours but can be as long as 24 hours. Keep in mind the commands sent to remotes are using RF to do so. The remote needs to communicate with the home twice at before you actually see the image and on top of that the home unit has to hit the batch rate before its sent via text or email. You can speed up the command process by adding report times. you can also prioritize a camera under surveillance. If you want to get a requested image close to real time you would need to run a cell cam stand alone. What likely happened in this case was the image was sent when the 430 am report was built.

Makes sense. I guess I'll probably just use the feature if I'm not getting pictures for days and want to test it. Wait till morning to receive it.

Everything is back to normal this morning after clearing equne and sd card by going to device settings. This is what John told me to do because I was receiving the same pictures over and over. Thanks John V...

To all that have not recieved reports and/or images in the past week or so. Cuddeback is trying to determine the cause , specifically if its cell signal/provider related or camera related. As noted here, there are a number of people who are or have experienced this but there are also thousands who have not, and images are flowing thru our system by the tens of thousands. They dont feel this is firmware related but they are also looking into that to be sure. If a cause or solution is found i will update everyone here. Several who had this problem found that adjusting the report time on the camera remotely seemed to bring it back on line. Others ran a cell test on the home unit and it did the same. I will let everyone know if something is determined to be the cause.

I changed my report time and it started sending me all of my information so that changed fixed my issue.

All of the sudden mine hasn't sent reports or pics all night or all day was working perfectly until yesterday I changed my report times to 4 times a day and that has not taken yet just says pending

All of the sudden mine hasn't sent reports or pics all night or all day was working perfectly until yesterday I changed my report times to 4 times a day and that has not taken yet just says pending
It won't take affect until the next time the home unit connects to the network to send pics or a report.

It won't take affect until the next time the home unit connects to the network to send pics or a report.
yep I understand except that has come and gone twice we will see what happens maybe a squirrel got to it but I have the armored cables on it

Can you not change the image size being sent from the camera either? I was at the camera(only have the one...DualCell) this morning and obviously either missed it or it's no longer there with the update. I know it's not an option from the website because I asked about it earlier. Was in a rush so just left it be, after putting it in a new location.
Close-ups I know will be fine..didn't like a lot of the further out ones when I turned it down last Fall. So I know that was an option before.

I’m having the same issues as others. No reports or pics for two plus days. It now says all my cameras are offline when I go to the account management portal. Sounds like they are already looking into this from John’s post.

I was having issues of no reports or pics for about 18 hours, then self corrected. It has been working great ever since. I did change from 8.0 to 8.1 software. You think that had something to do with it?

I was having issues of no reports or pics for about 18 hours, then self corrected. It has been working great ever since. I did change from 8.0 to 8.1 software. You think that had something to do with it?
I’m still running 8.0. If it’s still not working by the weekend maybe I’ll try updating all my cameras to 8.1

I’m still running 8.0. If it’s still not working by the weekend maybe I’ll try updating all my cameras to 8.1

I went to the K camera and did a cell test. It almost immediately fixed the issue. If you don't want to upgrade all of your cameras, you could just try that.

Can you not change the image size being sent from the camera either? I was at the camera(only have the one...DualCell) this morning and obviously either missed it or it's no longer there with the update. I know it's not an option from the website because I asked about it earlier. Was in a rush so just left it be, after putting it in a new location.
Close-ups I know will be fine..didn't like a lot of the further out ones when I turned it down last Fall. So I know that was an option before.

All the pictures at least are being sent now. Did the cell test, changed the report time, & changed the picture delays a bit for the heck of it. Pictures still don't show up on my computer/Firefox browser though..which is no biggie because not something I'd use. Thought I'd mention it in case I'm not the only one having the problem.

Sounds to me like you have your Cuddelink set to ON... I think you can only set the transmitted picture size when your Cuddelink is set to OFF.

Sounds to me like you have your Cuddelink set to ON... I think you can only set the transmitted picture size when your Cuddelink is set to OFF.

Well I always bypass the link part when doing things right on the cam because I have nothing linked to it, and I'm not seeing anything on the "device settings" website page to change it..so I hope it's not something that can only be done at the cam. It says link mode - Home, if that means anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200805-143618.png
    Screenshot_20200805-143618.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 12
I don't know what it should say, but the fact that it says "Link Mode Home" indicates to me that Cuddelink is turned ON. It needs to be OFF to be in standalone mode so you can select the size of the transmitted pic. I would imagine that it defaulted back to "On" when you updated your firmware. I have not been able to update my firmware yet since my standalone is hundreds of miles away so I can't verify for you what should be showing on that report.