Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John got another question for you
I have one G series cam that takes about 4 pics a day sometimes more of nothing. I thought there was something in the area triggering it so I moved it to a different location and it does the same thing. will the firmware update fix this, right now its 6.7 version

John got another question for you
I have one G series cam that takes about 4 pics a day sometimes more of nothing. I thought there was something in the area triggering it so I moved it to a different location and it does the same thing. will the firmware update fix this, right now its 6.7 version
I would first check that you dont have lapse enabled. If not, and its doing this i would try putting up the centered cover on the fresnel lens , this changes it to a more centered detection area. if that doesnt help you could send it in off season and see if they can take a look at it, it would still be under warranty. The update doesnt have anything to do with that but it never hurts to update it when you have a chance.

Last edited:
I would first check that you dont have lapse enabled. If not, and its doing this i would try putting up the centered cover on the fresnel lens , this changes it to a more centered detection area. if that doesnt help you could send it in off season and see if they can take a look at it, it would still be under warranty. The update doesnt have anything to do with that but it never hurts to update it when you have a chance.
I don't have time lapse on, it didn't do this in the beginning when I first put cam out. The centered cover is already on.
Looks like I will be sending this one in to get looked at.

Just got the cudde cell unit. Trying to test it out in my home. I can get the test email to send to the email account, however I can’t seem to get the cell home to receive the images from my camera. Right now I have it send a batch of 2. The camera is a g series. I updated to the latest firmware on the camera. The cell home shows 2 nodes in CL menu. So I think it should transfer images to it. Anyone else have issues getting up and going?

Updated... as soon as I submitted this, I got pictures.... funny how that works.

What settings would u recommend for feeders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have time lapse on, it didn't do this in the beginning when I first put cam out. The centered cover is already on.
Looks like I will be sending this one in to get looked at.
An easy troubleshooting test...

Whenever it's convenient, pull the camera in and erase all pics from the SD card without changing camera settings or batteries. Arm the camera and wrap it up in a towel and leave it in a closet or box for 24 hrs so that it can't possibly sense anything. If it is generating false detections there will be blank pictures on the card other than the 1 or 2 that it may take when you unwrap it. If there are blanks then put in fresh batteries and test it again to see if low juice is the problem. If not call customer support for return. If it didn't record any blanks, suspect an environmental cause for the blank trips in the field.

Anyone with cell units.... does it seem like it takes images longer to get home than using a stand alone cam as a home unit?

Anyone with cell units.... does it seem like it takes images longer to get home than using a stand alone cam as a home unit?
it should be the same but know that when the cell home is in the act of emailing a batch of images out, the Cuddelink network is turned off for several minutes, this is why it is important to keep your batch setting at 10 or more if you have a number of remote cameras deployed and they are getting a good amount of pictures. Setting your batch at 1,2, or even 5 can delay pics getting home and even in some cases back it up to the point they cant catch up. Everyones situation is different but i recommend starting at batch 30 if you get a large amount of images and working it down when you determine what is the most efficient while still getting the images quickly.

it should be the same but know that when the cell home is in the act of emailing a batch of images out, the Cuddelink network is turned off for several minutes, this is why it is important to keep your batch setting at 10 or more if you have a number of remote cameras deployed and they are getting a good amount of pictures. Setting your batch at 1,2, or even 5 can delay pics getting home and even in some cases back it up to the point they cant catch up. Everyones situation is different but i recommend starting at batch 30 if you get a large amount of images and working it down when you determine what is the most efficient while still getting the images quickly.

Ok thank you, I think that explains some of what I’m seeing here.

I have mine set to send out pictures every hour sometimes its 1 picture sometimes its been 6 pictures.
Thats from 4 cameras on trails scrapes and a field edge.

John V. do you know if there will be any J-Series with White Flash? Or if flash you'd be changeable?
Can't bet them for night pictures.

John V. do you know if there will be any J-Series with White Flash? Or if flash you'd be changeable?
Can't bet them for night pictures.
there wont be in 2019 or 2020 and unless the market changes dramatically there wont ever be, i love the white flash myself and run several of them but the percentage of sales compared to IR and black is very small. To many people feel it spooks deer. Im not one of those people, but sales numbers are what drives product selection. There may be some packaging of multiple D cell cameras in the future if sales continue to increase on that series that would offer a better value but that is dependent on what the market does.

there wont be in 2019 or 2020 and unless the market changes dramatically there wont ever be, i love the white flash myself and run several of them but the percentage of sales compared to IR and black is very small. To many people feel it spooks deer. Im not one of those people, but sales numbers are what drives product selection. There may be some packaging of multiple D cell cameras in the future if sales continue to increase on that series that would offer a better value but that is dependent on what the market does.
Thanks John
As I've said here before I'm like you I like the white flash.

John,

I have been using the Cuddelink cameras on my farm since June 2018. I now have 7 cameras (6 J and 1G). I only had one issue with one J camera that Cuddeback replaced. Anyway I purchased the cameras over several months and I see they all do not have the same firmware. When I go onto the Cuddeback website under support I click on the red update firmware section that takes me to another page. My question is that nowhere does it indicate if that is the proper firmware for Cudddelinks. Can you help me out? Oh and by the way I hope Cuddeback takes care of you because you really represent them well.

Joe

John,

I have been using the Cuddelink cameras on my farm since June 2018. I now have 7 cameras (6 J and 1G). I only had one issue with one J camera that Cuddeback replaced. Anyway I purchased the cameras over several months and I see they all do not have the same firmware. When I go onto the Cuddeback website under support I click on the red update firmware section that takes me to another page. My question is that nowhere does it indicate if that is the proper firmware for Cudddelinks. Can you help me out? Oh and by the way I hope Cuddeback takes care of you because you really represent them well.

Joe
firmware updates work on all cuddeback cameras, they dont build specific numbered updates or versions for cuddelink, so the latest version on the website can be used to update both cuddelink units and traditional cuddeback cameras.

Thanks John and thanks for the quick reply.

firmware updates work on all cuddeback cameras, they dont build specific numbered updates or versions for cuddelink, so the latest version on the website can be used to update both cuddelink units and traditional cuddeback cameras.

John,

Is there a sheet somewhere that describes what the firmware updates are actually updating. It would be nice to know what a particular firmware update is intending to fix/improve.

John,

Is there a sheet somewhere that describes what the firmware updates are actually updating. It would be nice to know what a particular firmware update is intending to fix/improve.
There isn’t at this time , possibly will be in the future but not right now.

Is there ever talks of an app? I know is easy enuf with emails but possibly test pics and able to adjust settings on app? The Spartan app is pretty nice.

Is there ever talks of an app? I know is easy enuf with emails but possibly test pics and able to adjust settings on app? The Spartan app is pretty nice.

you can text pics now by entering your phone provider address with number. An App may happen in the future but it wont until its as close to 100% reliable as possible, some competitors have had major issues with their apps and we want to avoid that.