Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Can someone post some night pics of G series powerhouse blackflash ?
these are all transmitted images from a PH black, in hindsight, i should have removed the fern from in front of the one camera as that negatively affected the illumination area.
View attachment 22010View attachment 22011View attachment 22012View attachment 22013

I can live with that image for sure- IR is superior but as far as gaining stealth I can live with that

Thank You!

These are just a couple thumbnails that I wish were larger size. Yes I can tell these are bucks but I even needed to modify the IR one to get any idea. Not the end of the world. Just a reason why I think a resolution higher would be nice option if supported.
CB8964B9-2B18-403C-BCBC-7543E2539363.jpeg6AD87640-0D11-4E47-B7BA-C3A6E8A22F38.jpeg8C7C578B-2F49-417F-B35A-0D4D54889DB8.jpeg

These are just a couple thumbnails that I wish were larger size. Yes I can tell these are bucks but I even needed to modify the IR one to get any idea. Not the end of the world. Just a reason why I think a resolution higher would be nice option if supported.
View attachment 22015View attachment 22016View attachment 22017
the daytime photos seem normal for transmitted images, they actually seem to sense that deer at a considerable distance for the camera , the snow may have played with the exposure a bit as well. the transition time photo seems to have something wrong with it. do you have any more from that camera in that location?

this was the original image from that transition picture. Looking back not my hottest camera this year so apparently that’s the only one I have saved off at the moment.3D075C8B-85FE-4B50-B440-B1A519067A52.jpeg

the daytime photos seem normal for transmitted images, they actually seem to sense that deer at a considerable distance for the camera , the snow may have played with the exposure a bit as well. the transition time photo seems to have something wrong with it. do you have any more from that camera in that location?

Yeah all my dual flash cams sense about that distance. I’m extremely happy with that.

Does any else have issues with more false triggers / camera going into time lapse after installing new batteries with the g series cams? I have two that seem to this pretty regularly for about a day after putting fresh batteries in. Eventually it settles down.

Does any else have issues with more false triggers / camera going into time lapse after installing new batteries with the g series cams? I have two that seem to this pretty regularly for about a day after putting fresh batteries in. Eventually it settles down.
I have one camera that does false triggers, its only been doing it after something has triggered it. I have it set to take 2 pics but it will take up to 10 at times and then it stops until triggered again

I have one camera that does false triggers, its only been doing it after something has triggered it. I have it set to take 2 pics but it will take up to 10 at times and then it stops until triggered again

Yeah that’s similar to my experience. Seems to start on a positive trigger than goes for awhile going like every 1-2 minutes sometimes it’s a day or two. Once I actually had to go to the camera and turn it off and back on.

Does anyone know if Cuddeback is still coming out with a home unit that can be linked to a PC to upload photos to the cloud? I can never get a clear response from Cuddeback. I purchased my cameras for this feature, as it was advertised as a feature that would be released in 2018. I own a small parcel of woods behind my house that acts as a funnel, and nice bucks don’t show up until the rut, so I wanted real-time updates. Don’t want to pay for a cell service either, since my first camera is only 100 yards from my office computer. Tried reading back posts, but didn’t see any answers to this. Just wondering if I need to be patient, or if I got screwed into a buying decision based on misleading advertising.

Thanks,
Dan

Does anyone know if Cuddeback is still coming out with a home unit that can be linked to a PC to upload photos to the cloud? I can never get a clear response from Cuddeback. I purchased my cameras for this feature, as it was advertised as a feature that would be released in 2018. I own a small parcel of woods behind my house that acts as a funnel, and nice bucks don’t show up until the rut, so I wanted real-time updates. Don’t want to pay for a cell service either, since my first camera is only 100 yards from my office computer. Tried reading back posts, but didn’t see any answers to this. Just wondering if I need to be patient, or if I got screwed into a buying decision based on misleading advertising.

Thanks,
Dan
the hope is to have this available in 2019 but that is not a guarantee , there have been several challenges that have slowed this project down and delayed the launch. I understand many would like a concrete date on this but at this time its not possible to provide that.

I have a HOME unit that I use as a REPEATER (actually I have 2) that has been fine until last week when the batteries died & now I cannot get it to connect to the CL network. I have cleared, reset, removed & replaced batteries & still cannot get a signal on CL LEVEL. Regardless of the distance from the other REPEATER, REMOTE, or even HOME unit. Any suggestions?

the hope is to have this available in 2019 but that is not a guarantee , there have been several challenges that have slowed this project down and delayed the launch. I understand many would like a concrete date on this but at this time its not possible to provide that.

Thanks John. I don’t want to buy a cell cap to use for one season, but at the same time, wasn’t sure whether or not that internet connected feature had just been abandoned. Appreciate your feedback.

I have a HOME unit that I use as a REPEATER (actually I have 2) that has been fine until last week when the batteries died & now I cannot get it to connect to the CL network. I have cleared, reset, removed & replaced batteries & still cannot get a signal on CL LEVEL. Regardless of the distance from the other REPEATER, REMOTE, or even HOME unit. Any suggestions?
Remove your batteries for at least 5 minutes , push test to run all power out the capacitor with batteries removed , re install batteries, go into cl menu , hit cl clear and confirm. Then go into cl menu and change the channel to another channel and then change it back to the channel your home unit is on. Make sure the home unit is on and the channel matches . I would then put the unit in question on repeater mode , then go to cl level and see if it connects .

I have a question about the most current firmware. My home unit has 6.0 so I down loaded the update. It was 3 files? I transferred them to my SD card and updated the cams and now it says 7.0. Is this correct? Have I done it correctly?

Last edited:

Yeah that’s similar to my experience. Seems to start on a positive trigger than goes for awhile going like every 1-2 minutes sometimes it’s a day or two. Once I actually had to go to the camera and turn it off and back on.
My second camera in the same spot in the middle of my farm is doing this for the last day started at 2 am this morning. Really annoying to have to go back in and kill it. I don't really want to take a walk to get it or look at blank pictures for the next month. There are enough glitches with the system to make it a little frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have a question about the most current firmware. My home unit has 6.0 so I down loaded the update. It was 3 files? I transferred them to my SD card and updated the cams and now it says 7.0. Is this correct? Have I done it correctly?
you need at least 7.3, dont open the firmware file( if you saw 3 files you must have) , just copy it to an sd card and then load it to home unit and any other cameras you have. you can pm me your email and ill email you the latest firmware file.

My second camera in the same spot in the middle of my farm is doing this for the last day started at 2 am this morning. Really annoying to have to go back in and kill it. I don't really want to take a walk to get it or look at blank pictures for the next month. There are enough glitches with the system to make it a little frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
if this camera didnt get moved to lapse somehow and its taking false triggers, pull it and clear the card . You can then test to make sure its not some type of environmental sensing issue at the site. Stick it in a closest or somewhere nothing can trigger it. If it false triggers in there you should send it in to cudde or take it to your dealer to get it replaced or fixed. One safeguard against something like this affecting your system and filling up the home with blank images is to set your "CL COUNT" in the CL menu to a lower number . Default is 250 but you can set it down to 25 if you want. This safeguards against non target animals like coons sitting in front of the camera, a moving branch in front of the lens in hot weather etc. If you are running your cameras over bait or mineral and want a lot of images sent then you may want to keep the CL count at a higher number.

you need at least 7.3, dont open the firmware file( if you saw 3 files you must have) , just copy it to an sd card and then load it to home unit and any other cameras you have. you can pm me your email and ill email you the latest firmware file.
John,
My email is sleffler@gmail.com. When I downloaded the file it went to downloads and I dragged them to my SD card. That is how I knew there were 3 but I didn’t open them.
Thanks fo your help,
Steve

Thanks,
Dan
I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like I've been duped and am disappointed in both myself and the company for the situation I'm in. I'm currently glad I only bought one camera. While it has worked ok as a trailcam... I wish I had not been so quick to buy something without the system being complete yet.

I'm in the exact same boat. I feel like I've been duped and am disappointed in both myself and the company for the situation I'm in. I'm currently glad I only bought one camera. While it has worked ok as a trailcam... I wish I had not been so quick to buy something without the system being complete yet.
did you buy your camera directly from Cuddeback or from a retailer? do you just have one camera or do you have a home unit as well?