Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I third (or fourth, or whatever...) that the strap (buckle) could be much better. It is not sufficient for a G series cam with a battery pack mounted to it (lot of weight for a cheap plastic buckle).
Exactly
And if you use the genius mount with the strap, there is no stability there at all
Not everyone can or wants to screw a mount onto a tree

there is a safe for the g series and they are available now, the battery pack would need to be attached to the tree outside of the safe, but it could still be plugged in to the Camera. If a bear tore the battery pack off the tree the camera would keep running on the internal batteries.
The flash module has no bearing on detection range/width, you can move it to centered or wide on the outside of the lens. You can actually swap out flash models on the g series very easily if you prefer. You can change it to dual flash , Black, IR or strobe. The powerhouse black flash should be slightly less illumination than the J series IR you have.
I readjusted one of my cams and it sensed a buck at night a good 20yds from camera, it was that far you couldn't tell how many points it had.(at least on the image it emails). I used the walk test and that seemed to work to get it aimed right.

Last edited:
Straps could be better.
I use the safety boxes and drill the mounting holes out so they will take a 3/8 diameter 2 inch or 3 inch long leg screws.
This makes me fell better about leaving the cuddelink or any of my cameras in the woods.
I got my first Home Cell unit this week. Called and talked to Bev and with a little help from her I'm ready to put it to work this afternoon. It will have 3 to 7 J-series units feeding back to it. I have them hooked up to home units now.
This system is working good for me.

Make sure you run the battery booster in your cell in this cold weather

Curious, is there anything new and improved coming out next spring or at least before hunting season? Want to pick up some more but would prefer to hold off if New is coming out?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new battery accessory options are in the works but the system will remain the same

John, I just got battery boosters for all of my J series cams. Do I run them with fresh AA's in the cam itself, or empty? One of my battery boosters came without the gasket where the cam plugs to the booster.

John, I just got battery boosters for all of my J series cams. Do I run them with fresh AA's in the cam itself, or empty? One of my battery boosters came without the gasket where the cam plugs to the booster.
at this time there isnt a battery booster for the j, there is a #3495 d battery pack that replaces the aa pack that is on the camera. you need to remove the aa compartment and replace it with the #3495 D battery compartment.
The #3358 d booster is designed for the G series cams including the cell home and the regular home unit. Hopefully that isnt what you bought for your J's? What model # booster do you have?

Ok, I got it. I got the right ones, I don't have a cam here in Indiana, and was thinking they piggybacked. It makes sense now. It's the right one. It's totally different than the one with the plugged wire I use on the cell home. This one holds 6 D's and has 4 screws to mount it to the cam. Don't know why I thought it hooked to the back of the AA battery pack.

Ok, I got it. I got the right ones, I don't have a cam here in Indiana, and was thinking they piggybacked. It makes sense now. It's the right one. It's totally different than the one with the plugged wire I use on the cell home. This one holds 6 D's and has 4 screws to mount it to the cam. Don't know why I thought it hooked to the back of the AA battery pack.
yup you have the right one then.
We are going to simplify the battery accessory options later in 2019 to eliminate the confusion , everything will still work together like it does now but it will make it much easier.

Put my Cell Home out this morning, set it to send out pic's every hour, got my first pictures sent to my cell phone.
I like this.
Thanks Mark!

Put my Cell Home out this morning, set it to send out pic's every hour, got my first pictures sent to my cell phone.
I like this.
Thanks Mark!

It is pretty cool. I have mine set to send a batch after 30, trying to conserve batery. I think I'm going to rig AC power to the home unit, when I do I'll send every pic.

John - quick question. My cameras and home do not appear to like 32GB cards (the cameras won't "clear" them). I get an SD card error message every time. I called customer service and they said that the cams can't clear/format that big of a card so I've had to resort to using smaller 16GB cards. Are you aware of this? Any others having the same issue? I'm using Sandisk Class 10 cards, so not an issue with read/write speeds.

John - quick question. My cameras and home do not appear to like 32GB cards (the cameras won't "clear" them). I get an SD card error message every time. I called customer service and they said that the cams can't clear/format that big of a card so I've had to resort to using smaller 16GB cards. Are you aware of this? Any others having the same issue? I'm using Sandisk Class 10 cards, so not an issue with read/write speeds.
I'm not having any problems with SanDisk Ultra Plus 32 GB cards in my G's. The cams are all version 7.3 firmware but I didn't have problems under earlier versions either. Maybe if you do a deep format (uncheck Quick Format) in windows first it will clear up in-camera??

ive never used anything bigger than 16GB, but they are suppose to be able to utilize a 32Gb card. it is possible it cant clear a card that size. 16GB is a crazy large amount of images especially when considering them as the low rez version. Honestly so few people use cards that size that the issue probably hasn't come up very often.

ive never used anything bigger than 16GB, but they are suppose to be able to utilize a 32Gb card. it is possible it cant clear a card that size. 16GB is a crazy large amount of images especially when considering them as the low rez version. Honestly so few people use cards that size that the issue probably hasn't come up very often.
I've run the 32GB cards in all of my other trail cams (Coverts, Bushnell, etc.) and all of them are able to format the 32GB card from within the camera without issue.

My cuddeback cameras and home cell will write to the card, but if I try to clear/format it within the camera it will throw the error.

FredG - I don't have a windows machine to do the formatting of the card outside of the camera. I have tried to format using my Macbook Pro but to no avail.

I've run the 32GB cards in all of my other trail cams (Coverts, Bushnell, etc.) and all of them are able to format the 32GB card from within the camera without issue.

My cuddeback cameras and home cell will write to the card, but if I try to clear/format it within the camera it will throw the error.

FredG - I don't have a windows machine to do the formatting of the card outside of the camera. I have tried to format using my Macbook Pro but to no avail.

Since I've never come anywhere near close to filling a 32 GB card I loaded 24,000 full resolution pics amounting to 25+ GB onto a 32 GB card as a test. Put the card in my home unit and it cleared/formatted just fine.

I have formatted multiple 32gb cards in my cameras

Also can format SD cards on MacBook, launch disk utility which is in utilities folder in application. Will see your card, then hit erase and format options pop up. exFAT is only option

I have formatted multiple 32gb cards in my cameras

Also can format SD cards on MacBook, launch disk utility which is in utilities folder in application. Will see your card, then hit erase and format options pop up. exFAT is only option

Yep, tried that...still doesn't work. I should be clear...I can format the cards in 1 or 2 of my cams, but not all of them.

Good afternoon John,

So I have taken all my cameras down for this year and I must say, for the first time using Cuddelink I am 90% satisfied. Battery life was fine for me, transition was great all year. My only complaint remains the sensitivity and from what I have been reading on here, some of that is probably my set-up! I had my cameras set up pretty high pointing down at the trails, which I understand is not optimal.

I currently have 8 G series cameras and a home unit. I intend to add 6 more G series cameras to my network in the spring,but would like to experiment a little with a couple of my current cameras around my house in the off season, so that I understand them and different set-up conditions before I redeploy them this spring! Having said that...could you send me the most current firmware update and instructions on how to install the firmware. I only intend to upgrade the firmware on the two cameras I am going to be experimenting with and the home unit for now, as there will most likely be a new firmware update between now and spring!

Thanks again for all your help this season and I look forward to adding to my network in the spring and getting the most out of this system!

If you can s
Good afternoon John,

So I have taken all my cameras down for this year and I must say, for the first time using Cuddelink I am 90% satisfied. Battery life was fine for me, transition was great all year. My only complaint remains the sensitivity and from what I have been reading on here, some of that is probably my set-up! I had my cameras set up pretty high pointing down at the trails, which I understand is not optimal.

I currently have 8 G series cameras and a home unit. I intend to add 6 more G series cameras to my network in the spring,but would like to experiment a little with a couple of my current cameras around my house in the off season, so that I understand them and different set-up conditions before I redeploy them this spring! Having said that...could you send me the most current firmware update and instructions on how to install the firmware. I only intend to upgrade the firmware on the two cameras I am going to be experimenting with and the home unit for now, as there will most likely be a new firmware update between now and spring!

Thanks again for all your help this season and I look forward to adding to my network in the spring and getting the most out of this system!
If you can send me a pm with your email address I can send you the latest.