Cuddeback's Cuddelink

John..my camera delay on my cuddelinks is 5 seconds and on my Moultrie's I think its 3 seconds and burst mode. However, I am not going by picture count alone. I am looking at each deer (or animal) and which ones each camera showed at least on picture of.

I have walked by several of my 8 cuddelink cameras with little success unless I am less than 20 feet from the camera. under 20 feet they seem to work fine, but outside of 20 feet not so much....
ok, if you arent counting the burst mode feature or the delay and the ratio is still as you say something is up, i would suggest taking one of the cams you know is not sensing beyond 20 feet when you walk by it and sending it back to Cudde for testing. This is not the norm at all, i am running G's and get sensing well beyond that although i always try to set my cams to hit the target inside of 25 feet so the image is larger.

I'd also like to add that not every picture taken by your cuddelink camera will be transmitted to the home station depending on what your delays are set to (as John is alluding to above). See page 29 of the cuddelink user manual for a graphical representation...

With as few pictures as my camera gets they should all come home. I have camera delay at 5 seconds and CL delay at 5 seconds.

Also, several times I have compared the SD cards I pulled to my transmitted images and so far have not found 1 instances where a picture was taken and not sent home. it has been awhile since I have done this, but suspect that this is not the issue.

So I really have no complaints about battery usage when using the battery booster pack on my G cameras. As you can see, most of my cameras are on 200 days and are still running on the initial 4 internal D batteries they had when I put the cameras out in April. The SD cards have been collected randomly several times and most of then within a few weeks, so the SD images numbers should not be considered when assessing the battery usage. I would guess that on average, these cameras take 30 - 50 images a week.

My biggest concern is with the cameras sensitivity. I have done several side by side test with Moultrie cameras and it is consistently a 3:1 ratio of images (Moultrie 3 and Cuddelink 1). As even more proof, we had 8 inches of snow to hunt on last Friday and in several instances, and multiple cameras, there were deer tracks no more than 30 feet from the Cuddelink cameras and no pictures were sent home. I have not pulled the SD cards in the cameras to confirm that the camera did not take a picture as opposed to it took a picture and never transmitted it home, but I don't believe that is the issue. I believe the issue is that it is not actually detecting the animal.

On camera 3 below (Bermuda Triangle) I have not been hunting around there because there have been only 1 to 2 pictures a week. Last week (with the snow) I went in there because its close to the camp and I only had a little time to get in and out. Well when I walked in there, it looked liked Santa's sleight took of with white flags going everywhere. this is a very small piece of woods and there was hardly a snow flake that had been walked on by a deer. However, not 1 picture on the camera.

I'm very disappointed in the cameras ability to sense the animal and capture pictures, as this is what it is supposed to do.

View attachment 21610
you also need to update your firmware as soon as you can, you are multiple versions behind on all cameras,

ok, if you arent counting the burst mode feature or the delay and the ratio is still as you say something is up, i would suggest taking one of the cams you know is not sensing beyond 20 feet when you walk by it and sending it back to Cudde for testing. This is not the norm at all, i am running G's and get sensing well beyond that although i always try to set my cams to hit the target inside of 25 feet so the image is larger.

I will pull one this weekend and make arrangements to send it in to be looked at. It appears to be all of them, so I'm not sure what might be wrong I have been through the settings many times and believe I have them set-up correctly.

you also need to update your firmware as soon as you can, you are multiple versions behind on all cameras,
Good catch, John. If I can make a recommendation...can you please get Cuddeback to include, on the firmware update page, what the latest firmware versions are, and when they were released?

Rifle season ends Saturday for us some I am going to be pulling them all down in the next week or so....Could it be a firmware issue? I don't see the sense in remote/transmitting cameras, if I have to go out to each camera every month and update firmware.

Rifle season ends Saturday for us some I am going to be pulling them all down in the next week or so....Could it be a firmware issue? I don't see the sense in remote/transmitting cameras, if I have to go out to each camera every month and update firmware.
you dont have to go out each month but once a year unless its something vital to the operation of the camera. Im not sure the sensing issue is connected to the older firmware you have but yours is quite a ways behind which is why i mentioned it.

Can anyone help me out on the size of the power jack on the G series cameras? Getting ready to go external battery with solar panels and need help on what male jack size to order. Thanks in advance.

I hope they come up with a 120VAC to DC adapter to use with the Home Cell for those of us that don't have it in the woods and would like to plug it in to a house receptacle. I just had the entire system go down because of dead batteries in the Home Cell, and the previous nights report stated batteries were OK. The battery status of OK/Weak/Dead should be upgraded to show battery percentage of charge on the nightly report. I've found on my cameras that a "LOW" report means I have a maximum of 2 days before the battery is dead and drops off the report. For guys that have their cameras miles away from home this is a major inconvenience.

I recently went to the D cell adapters on my J series cameras and my battery life is not appreciably longer by any means. I spend entirely too much time baby sitting these cameras because of poor battery life and can't imagine the time required to keep 16 operable, not to mention the cost in batteries.

Check out this page. They have what you are looking for. http://www.custom1enterprises.com/custom1enterprises_019.htm

Can anyone help me out on the size of the power jack on the G series cameras? Getting ready to go external battery with solar panels and need help on what male jack size to order. Thanks in advance.
3.5mm

Is there a release note page somewhere that I'm missing re: firmware? I don't want to go download and head to each camera just because a new version comes out. Instead, I'd like to make an intelligent decision on if it is needed or not.

Is there a release note page somewhere that I'm missing re: firmware? I don't want to go download and head to each camera just because a new version comes out. Instead, I'd like to make an intelligent decision on if it is needed or not.
theres isnt and there probably wont be, i know it may not make sense to some but its important to keep as much propiertary info out of the hands of competitors as possible. my suggestion is to do it as often as is convenient or if you are having a specific issue with a cam its always a good idea to update.

Let's talk total cost to set up a 10 camera system with the best battery setup and cell transmission from a home unit. There are approx prices....

10 cameras x 200 each = $2000
10 external battery packs x 100 each = $1000
Cell plan for another $50 a month

Does that sound about right?

The poor detection comments have me nervous ow though! Still WAY cheaper than Buckeye cam system but I also want it to work and not need constant checkups!

Let's talk total cost to set up a 10 camera system with the best battery setup and cell transmission from a home unit. There are approx prices....

The poor detection comments have me nervous ow though! Still WAY cheaper than Buckeye cam system but I also want it to work and not need constant checkups!
your quite a bit high cost wise-(depending on what cameras you are interested) in but you can set up a ten camera system with cell home, battery boosters etc for well under $2500 and the cell plan that works for 90% of users is $20 per month and you can turn it off after the season.

Headed to the farm tomorrow to update repower (boosters) all cameras and install new batteries across the system. Quick check on the lastest firmware update - is it still 7.3?

Thanks.

Good catch, John. If I can make a recommendation...can you please get Cuddeback to include, on the firmware update page, what the latest firmware versions are, and when they were released?

they are working on this right now. it should be easier to find and updated more frequently soon.

Headed to the farm tomorrow to update repower (boosters) all cameras and install new batteries across the system. Quick check on the lastest firmware update - is it still 7.3?

Thanks.
sent you a pM , ill email you the most recent

your quite a bit high cost wise-(depending on what cameras you are interested) in but you can set up a ten camera system with cell home, battery boosters etc for well under $2500 and the cell plan that works for 90% of users is $20 per month and you can turn it off after the season.
If you go g series you will be in over 3k

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk