Cuddeback's Cuddelink

:emoji_sunglasses: thanks FredG

If you read, you'll find that the external jack is for 9V, not 6V. At least that's my understanding. What is even more frustrating is that I have a "Home" cell unit. It isn't a camera, it's a home unit. You would think they would have an AC transformer so you could plug it into your "Home."

Here are some from the card of a black flash J camera.
Ill try and post some comparisons when I get home tonight.
Well I tried but the images from the card are too big for the website.

My Review in the G cams using cuddelink is great in many ways. I give this camera and the functionality of Cuddelink An "A". The distance between cameras is awesome, setup is easy. It takes great pictures . I just have issues with the battery life when Cuddelink is active. I called Cuddeback and their solution is buy and external battery pack. I asked about the solar panel that is "coming soon" they will not give a date when it will be shipped out. I asked the speak with the Tech Dept, they told me i can email them with a question, I tried that and no response. Back when the c-1000 model came out you could talk to a tech person, they even told me how to hook that camera up to a 12 volt battery, it worked great.

Now every time I call Cuddeback with my battery issue they just want me to purchase their products, I asked if I can hook the unit up to a 6 volt battery, they said it will void the warranty. The reason I purchased the Cuddeback Cuddelink was not to go into the woods and change batteries. Bottom line is I want these cameras to work in November and December without changing batteries every week, as you know its not cheap to buy 60 D cell batteries every week. Yesterday I ordered Power cables, I am going to hook them up to 6 volt 42 Ah batteries and possibly add a solar charger.

This is where I ordered the power cables. This guy was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.
http://www.custom1enterprises.com/default.htm
if you run the cuddepower battery booster on your g cams you will get excellent life in cold temps , that accessory retails for about $20, each of your cams would then run on 10 d's(the 6 external first , then the 4 internal). I am curious to see how the 6 volt holds up, i had heard mixed reports on that set up. Let us know after season how it does for you. its typical for non factory alterations to void warranty in most products. One can understand that allowing anyone to attempt to use an alternate source that hasn't been tested and then ask the camera to be warrantied when it fails or damage occurs would create issues for a manufacturer.That said, I dont doubt that the gentlemen at custom 1 is knowledgable.
There is a lot of battery options being tested for future implementation and the goal is to have them out sooner than later.

if you run the cuddepower battery booster on your g cams you will get excellent life in cold temps , that accessory retails for about $20, each of your cams would then run on 10 d's(the 6 external first , then the 4 internal). I am curious to see how the 6 volt holds up, i had heard mixed reports on that set up. Let us know after season how it does for you. its typical for non factory alterations to void warranty in most products. One can understand that allowing anyone to attempt to use an alternate source that hasn't been tested and then ask the camera to be warrantied when it fails or damage occurs would create issues for a manufacturer.That said, I dont doubt that the gentlemen at custom 1 is knowledgable.
There is a lot of battery options being tested for future implementation and the goal is to have them out sooner than later.
John,
What it your experience with the battery life on a G cam using the booster with cuddelink active when the temps are 30's during the daytime and 0 degrees at night. I understand the more pics the cameras use the more battery life they will use.

John,
What it your experience with the battery life on a G cam using the booster with cuddelink active when the temps are 30's during the daytime and 0 degrees at night. I understand the more pics the cameras use the more battery life they will use.
pic count has some effect but the Link is more responsible for drain, i used the boosters the last two seasons and ran them until the end of december in wi and put them out in sept and october. below zero temps are hard on alkaline , zero and above should not be an issue.

Are you guys seeing better battery life with any specific brands of D batteries? Ordered a couple Powerhouse Black Flash and a home unit for now. Will expand the setup after testing it out.

I can't speak for the d cameras but my j series eat batteries like candy. 1-2 weeks with Duracell and 3-4 weeks with lithium.

Are you guys seeing better battery life with any specific brands of D batteries? Ordered a couple Powerhouse Black Flash and a home unit for now. Will expand the setup after testing it out.
I believe cuddeback is recommending rayovac. Mine have been out a month still showing okay not a ton of pics.

Any idea why sometime I get 4 emails with 3 pics each and then get 1 with 18 pics? I received upwards of 20 different emails today

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I believe cuddeback is recommending rayovac. Mine have been out a month still showing okay not a ton of pics.

Any idea why sometime I get 4 emails with 3 pics each and then get 1 with 18 pics? I received upwards of 20 different emails today

what setting do you have your cell unit on for image transfer? you can do by the hour or by image number.

I must have missed that setting up because I have no idea but both are coming from the same cam. Sometimes 2 sometimes 3 in an email and a string of 3 emails 5 min apart then today I got 1 with 17 images in it.

I must have missed that setting up because I have no idea but both are coming from the same cam. Sometimes 2 sometimes 3 in an email and a string of 3 emails 5 min apart then today I got 1 with 17 images in it.

MY guess is you have it set to batch on a low number and its having hard time keeping up, depending on how many images one expects to get i usually recommend batch 20 or batch 30. You should get at least one email per day and also a report , it will also automatically send if the cell que hits 30 images.

So on 3 of my cameras I am not getting the pics linked back to cell home. Even tho my first remote link it showed at 82 cel. The other 2 were showing good link level as well.

These 3 are the last in line of 8 cameras. All the rest are sending pics. All settings and channels are the same. Not sure what I could be missing. They are armed and taking pics as I pulled cards earlier today and had recent pics. Will be going back in tomorrow to try and figure it out, so Any help be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So on 3 of my cameras I am not getting the pics linked back to cell home. Even tho my first remote link it showed at 82 cel. The other 2 were showing good link level as well.

These 3 are the last in line of 8 cameras. All the rest are sending pics. All settings and channels are the same. Not sure what I could be missing. They are armed and taking pics as I pulled cards earlier today and had recent pics. Will be going back in tomorrow to try and figure it out, so Any help be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It almost certainly is a settings issue. did you receive a report the last couple days? if so PM it to me or post it.

MY guess is you have it set to batch on a low number and its having hard time keeping up, depending on how many images one expects to get i usually recommend batch 20 or batch 30. You should get at least one email per day and also a report , it will also automatically send if the cell que hits 30 images.
Thanks that helps and make sense i.must have missed it.

One camera just died from batteries at 24 days with a 1 day warning of low. Second camera just disappeared from the report, so I assume batteries, after 26 days with no warning. Another camera is running on 61 days still showing fine. Camera at 61 days has the best reception but they are all generally above 50 and go directly to the cell home with no hops. All just regular, non-lithium AA batteries.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 5.41.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 5.41.22 AM.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 23
ill recommend to all again, if you are using the J series cameras and want extended battery life either add the solar kit or the D cell battery adapter to your cams, both of those accessories will easily pay for themselves over time.

I will have my power cords today, as stated in a previous post I am gonna hook 2 of my cameras up to a 6 volt 42 AH battery to see how long that last. I also will add a solar panel to one on to see the difference between the 2. It might void the warranty but what good is a camera that sits powerless in the deer woods not taking pictures. I hope I don't have to report a dead battery on these 2 cameras this calendar year.

So I have my cuddelinks spread out pretty far and let's say camera 2 is getting a signal of 40-50 to camera 1. I then set up 3 and 4 within 300 yards of camera 2 and both say signal of 99. But when I check the status update on the home unit it says a signal of 16 or 18 on camera 3 and 4. Any thoughts John? I thought it should be going through camera 2 and getting a higher signal.