Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I received cell cams and and the activation email. I downloaded the latest firmware and keep getting a failure when running cc test. I am unable to turn the ccmode from disabled to on have been trying for an hour. Verified the iccid and imei several times. I have good cell service any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
i would call Customer service when you have your unit in hand. You can try removing batteries for 5 minutes then reinstall them and try it again.

I received cell cams and and the activation email. I downloaded the latest firmware and keep getting a failure when running cc test. I am unable to turn the ccmode from disabled to on have been trying for an hour. Verified the iccid and imei several times. I have good cell service any ideas?

i would call Customer service when you have your unit in hand. You can try removing batteries for 5 minutes then reinstall them and try it again.
You have to put the cam in home mode first no where in the manual does it say this. Feedback for cuddeback so far your set up manual is horrid. Trial and error for 48 hours is always fun

The directions are so poor I can’t believe I got mine to work event when you’re setting up your cell plan it’s so vague I wasn’t sure I was setting up a cuddelink service

If I need to switch out a camera acting as a home to a cell home anything that I need to do? Please tell me I don't have to touch each camera to reconnect. Hoping I can set it as a home and slide it in the bracket where my other is.

If I need to switch out a camera acting as a home to a cell home anything that I need to do? Please tell me I don't have to touch each camera to reconnect. Hoping I can set it as a home and slide it in the bracket where my other is.

take your existing home unit/camera and switch it to remote in the CL menu. Take your new cell home , set it to home on the same channel as your other remotes and arm it. When you have those steps complete, go to any one of your other remote cams and go to CL level in the CL menu and wait for it to connect/show a signal with the new home cell unit, when it does, arm it and your new home cell will shortly connect to the rest of the remotes in the network.

Last edited:
Any chance I can allow it to connect by itself I have all of them in places I really do not want to go back into for a month or so.

Any chance I can allow it to connect by itself I have all of them in places I really do not want to go back into for a month or so.

if you are replacing the current home camera with the cell home just get the cl level with the previous home unit after you switch it to remote mode. you only need to do it on one remote camera in the network to insure it connects to the remainder, you dont need to go to each remote.
you can allow it to connect itself but i highly recommend doing it the way i described.

Hi everyone,
I have 6 G series cams. I do not use the cell function I just pull the card on the home camera. There is tons of info on this thread, I looked most of it over. I live in a cold climate and would like to get more battery life. I see the cuddepower is popular and the solar kit is coming soon. Is there any home brew solar kit that anyone is using that have been effective?
Thanks,

I currently have 3 J cameras and the home cell. I love this system and over the next couple years I plan on switching all of my cams of to cuddelink cams.

Downside is I was never able to get one of my J cams to link up to the cell cam. Walked back in the cover today to change batteries since i assumed that was the issue. Inserted new energizer lithium batteries and nothing. Camera will not power on. Last pic was 9/26. Originally stuck the camera out on 7/17. Will be sending this one to cuddeback tomorrow.
The two cameras that linked up have functioned flawlessly and I have actually been quite impressed with the image that is emailed. Higher quality than I was anticipating.

Also a tip I have discovered. Do not set the flash to "field" on the J series cameras. WAY to much flash. Whites out any deer even remotely close to the point where you cannot even determine buck/doe.

with all this talk on this impressive system, how bout some impressive deals on the units themselves? anyone discounting them, say a 5 unit starter pack???

Hi everyone, just about to pull the trigger on buying a few cams. I'm considering buying the G Series Cuddeback Powerhouse Black Flash cameras. I have two questions/requests:

1. Can someone post a pic of the image you receive via the home or cell unit side by side with the actual image from the camera SD card?

2. What kind of battery life can I realistically expect from the Powerhouse Black Flash cam (with and without the extra battery pack)?

Hi everyone, just about to pull the trigger on buying a few cams. I'm considering buying the G Series Cuddeback Powerhouse Black Flash cameras. I have two questions/requests:

1. Can someone post a pic of the image you receive via the home or cell unit side by side with the actual image from the camera SD card?

2. What kind of battery life can I realistically expect from the Powerhouse Black Flash cam (with and without the extra battery pack)?

1 - Attached is a picture from the j black flash version (004 at the bottom). I'm really disappointed with the night pictures. This is a "good" picture. If the deer were another 10 feet, it would be a blur. Second picture (002 at the bottom) is from a long range IR camera. No complaints other than battery that leads me to .....

2. Attached was my report this morning. 23 days on one of the long range IR's and I have to go change the batteries again. That stinks. Only 59 pictures in 23 days so it's not like I have the camera in front of a highway.

Just came back and looked at the pictures and now I'm thinking that is maybe the same deer. Body looks about the same just can't tell on the antlers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.14.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.14.18 AM.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.21.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.21.13 AM.png
    250.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.19.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.19.45 AM.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

here are some transmitted images from powerhouse black flash, i dont have the corresponding 5 mp images since i have not been to the camera since i deployed it. You should expect 60 -75 days MAX on 4 d cells with this camera when in Cuddelink mode , up to a year if not used in cuddelink mode., up to 6 months or longer if you utilize the 6 d cell battery booster( up to 2 years if not used in CL modeIMG_6386.JPGIMG_6387.JPGIMG_6395.JPGIMG_6393.JPGIMG_6386.JPGIMG_6387.JPGIMG_6395.JPGIMG_6393.JPGIMG_6386.JPG.

1 - Attached is a picture from the j black flash version (004 at the bottom). I'm really disappointed with the night pictures. This is a "good" picture. If the deer were another 10 feet, it would be a blur. Second picture (002 at the bottom) is from a long range IR camera. No complaints other than battery that leads me to .....

2. Attached was my report this morning. 23 days on one of the long range IR's and I have to go change the batteries again. That stinks. Only 59 pictures in 23 days so it's not like I have the camera in front of a highway.

That's odd bj, I have 4 J cameras cuddelinked on one property and had between 58 and 75 days on them when I changed the batteries a couple of weeks ago, they all had 1000+ pics on them.

here are some transmitted images from powerhouse black flash, i dont have the corresponding 5 mp images since i have not been to the camera since i deployed it. You should expect 60 -75 days MAX on 4 d cells with this camera when in Cuddelink mode , up to a year if not used in cuddelink mode., up to 6 months or longer if you utilize the 6 d cell battery booster( up to 2 years if not used in CL modeView attachment 20928View attachment 20929View attachment 20930View attachment 20931View attachment 20928View attachment 20929View attachment 20930View attachment 20931View attachment 20928.
Thanks!

Thanks bjseiler, I knew the quality wasn't the best from the J series. If I get regular IR, I'll probably get a few of the J cameras. If I get black flash, I'll be getting the G series PowerHouse ones.

My Review in the G cams using cuddelink is great in many ways. I give this camera and the functionality of Cuddelink An "A". The distance between cameras is awesome, setup is easy. It takes great pictures . I just have issues with the battery life when Cuddelink is active. I called Cuddeback and their solution is buy and external battery pack. I asked about the solar panel that is "coming soon" they will not give a date when it will be shipped out. I asked the speak with the Tech Dept, they told me i can email them with a question, I tried that and no response. Back when the c-1000 model came out you could talk to a tech person, they even told me how to hook that camera up to a 12 volt battery, it worked great.

Now every time I call Cuddeback with my battery issue they just want me to purchase their products, I asked if I can hook the unit up to a 6 volt battery, they said it will void the warranty. The reason I purchased the Cuddeback Cuddelink was not to go into the woods and change batteries. Bottom line is I want these cameras to work in November and December without changing batteries every week, as you know its not cheap to buy 60 D cell batteries every week. Yesterday I ordered Power cables, I am going to hook them up to 6 volt 42 Ah batteries and possibly add a solar charger.

This is where I ordered the power cables. This guy was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.
http://www.custom1enterprises.com/default.htm

My Review in the G cams using cuddelink is great in many ways. I give this camera and the functionality of Cuddelink An "A". The distance between cameras is awesome, setup is easy. It takes great pictures . I just have issues with the battery life when Cuddelink is active. I called Cuddeback and their solution is buy and external battery pack. I asked about the solar panel that is "coming soon" they will not give a date when it will be shipped out. I asked the speak with the Tech Dept, they told me i can email them with a question, I tried that and no response. Back when the c-1000 model came out you could talk to a tech person, they even told me how to hook that camera up to a 12 volt battery, it worked great.

Now every time I call Cuddeback with my battery issue they just want me to purchase their products, I asked if I can hook the unit up to a 6 volt battery, they said it will void the warranty. The reason I purchased the Cuddeback Cuddelink was not to go into the woods and change batteries. Bottom line is I want these cameras to work in November and December without changing batteries every week, as you know its not cheap to buy 60 D cell batteries every week. Yesterday I ordered Power cables, I am going to hook them up to 6 volt 42 Ah batteries and possibly add a solar charger.

This is where I ordered the power cables. This guy was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions.
http://www.custom1enterprises.com/default.htm
Thanks! I figured I'd have to fashion up an external battery similar to what you described. Thanks for the link to the cables. I'm an Electrical Engineer, so shouldn't be a problem figuring something out. thanks again everyone!

I'd still like to see some comparison photos between the CL image and the one from the SD card if someone has a few handy.

Thanks! I figured I'd have to fashion up an external battery similar to what you described. Thanks for the link to the cables. I'm an Electrical Engineer, so shouldn't be a problem figuring something out. thanks again everyone!

I'd still like to see some comparison photos between the CL image and the one from the SD card if someone has a few handy.
Ill try and post some comparisons when I get home tonight.

... I'd still like to see some comparison photos between the CL image and the one from the SD card if someone has a few handy.
Here's a little comparison of transmitted vs. original resolution I made up from early testing. Sorry for the poor content but I haven't pulled cards yet from real sets.

Transmitted photo:

A 1200 X 900 pixel 100% crop of the original photo at full resolution:

And a 1200 X 900 pixel crop of a 400% interpolated uprez of the transmitted picture for direct comparison with the original resolution photo above. Since in practice you will need to zoom in heavily on the transmitted images to count tines, etc, this comparison is the only way to get a fair and balanced feel for the reduced quality of the thumbnail resolution images. IMO Cuddeback has done an excellent job squeezing the file size down to a tiny 25 kb from the original while retaining the highest amount of detail and quality possible!: