Cuddeback's Cuddelink

New on here, have a problem with my k camera. Was working fine with 3 cameras, added 4 more was working as should, then it all stopped, k camera says failure on c.c. test and the CCID and mei numbers come up blank....any help would be great, cameras are only 2 months old

Pm me and leave your number or I’ll pm you mine, if you have the cams with issues in hand we can walk thru the settings and figure it out
Do you think you could walk me thru my issue, my k camera says failure and no CCID or mei numbers show up. Worked fine fire 2 months now nothing

This thread now has over 200,000 views! i want to thank everyone who has helped build this thread and also helped shape and build Cuddelink in the hunting world. Thanks to all the forum members and the site management/owners for allowing this thread to keep going.
Since we hit 200k views i thought it was a good time to spill the beans on whats coming - this isnt officially public yet but this forum has a different feel to me so im going to fill you all in. All of the responses, questions and hurdles many have experienced on this thread are helping us to try and make Cuddelink better for the consumer from both a ultization standpoint and a customer service standpoint. We recently were granted a patent on Cuddelink and it will allow us to keep aggressively improving the system however we can.
We have a firmware update in the final stages of testing right now and hope to release it as soon as we are confident it is doing everything we want it to. Tentatively, it's looking like first quarter of 2020 is very likely unless we run into something unforeseen.
I've been testing it for a few weeks and it will really make the system more enjoyable to use.
Heres in a nut shell what it will do-
EDITED
1. Increase the amount of units/nodes in a network from 16 to 24 total. So you will now be able to have up to 24 cameras on one cell plan. Im quite honestly surprised at how many guys are already running 16 cameras on one parcel and many of them will most certainly bump beyond that now that 24 will be the max.
2. Increase the overall speed and efficiency of the RF network, Currently about 1000 images per day is what a system can handle in optimum conditions, this will increase to approximately 1500 with the new update.
3. Increase CL channel options to 240 (from the current 16). Dramatically Lowers the odds of channel interference amongst bordering landowners.
4. The big one.... the ability to control the home cell unit and all the remotes from your cell phone and computer. This is something that will really take Cuddelink to the next level in my opinion. Camera settings(delays, on/off, lapse etc), , CL location #'s, Camera ID name, link mode, cell rate ,cell report time and frequency , cell que clear, clear SD," take picture" command will all be able to be done remotely form a smart phone of computer.. This will be done thru the cell Home unit via commands you enter from your camp log in site on Cuddeback.com. As a result of of the commands being done thru the cell unit it will take some time for the changes to take place but they will be done the next time the remote "checks in" with the cell home unit. In most instances , changes will take place within 24 hours or shorter.
The update for all of this will be done via firmware update, all Cuddelink cameras old and new will need to be updated in order to ultilize the new features and EVERY camera in the network will need to be updated for the system to work.
The engineers at Cuddeback (all US citizens) continually amaze me with what they can accomplish , this is major breakthrough and will really help on many levels.
As i said earlier , those on this forum are some of the first to be told of whats coming and i ask that you please do not contact Cuddeback Customer service with questions regarding this at this time because they are not prepared to answer or handle requests or a volume of questions on any of this at this time. The firmware update IS NOT available at this time and as soon as it is ill let everyone know. Im sure this will spawn a whole new slew of questions and i plan on starting the two new threads soon.
Again , thanks to everyone on here for helping shape and mold Cuddelink into what is is today!
As a favor to me, All I ask is that if you purchase Cuddelink product do so from an brick and mortar retailer (either in store or on their website) who lives and breathes hunting. I feel its important that we stay engaged with sporting goods retailers that can help solve problems and offer personal service when its needed. I have multiple retailers that i service myself in WI and there are many others throughout the US who do a great job, if you buy cuddeback product ....buy it from them!
Awesome stuff John, especially #4. Having that remote access point is going to be really nice.

Do you think you could walk me thru my issue, my k camera says failure and no CCID or mei numbers show up. Worked fine fire 2 months now nothing
if you numbers are not showing up you need to call CS for an ra to send it back for replacement.

I received my daily report this morning like normal but instead of my cell and all my cameras all it had was my K and a report back to the beginning of November. Has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• 62BAB853-D09E-416B-8573-084B82D1EE4C.jpeg
    62BAB853-D09E-416B-8573-084B82D1EE4C.jpeg
    464.1 KB · Views: 28
John- Question on the DBP
My report said EXT-1 Ok when I first deployed but I had a runaway camera use that bank up and now the report says just OK. I was thinking it would go to
EXT-2. So my question is if it goes to just OK how would I know when it hits the internals, I know I don't need them but we have bear problems and I also had rodents chew the wires so I put internals in also

I received my daily report this morning like normal but instead of my cell and all my cameras all it had was my K and a report back to the beginning of November. Has this happened to anyone else?
I had something like this happen just the other day. Report came in and all that was on the report was my K camera. I still received pics from the other cameras though. The next day the. report came back normal. I’d give it a day or two and see what it does.

I had something like this happen just the other day. Report came in and all that was on the report was my K camera. I still received pics from the other cameras though. The next day the. report came back normal. I’d give it a day or two and see what it does.
I got my pictures too. I’ll see what comes through on the report tomorrow morning.

John- Question on the DBP
My report said EXT-1 Ok when I first deployed but I had a runaway camera use that bank up and now the report says just OK. I was thinking it would go to
EXT-2. So my question is if it goes to just OK how would I know when it hits the internals, I know I don't need them but we have bear problems and I also had rodents chew the wires so I put internals in also
OK would mean it is on the internals already. Progression should be EXT 1 OK, EXT 1 LOW, EXT 2 OK, EXT LOW , OK, LOW

OK would mean it is on the internals already. Progression should be EXT 1 OK, EXT 1 LOW, EXT 2 OK, EXT LOW , OK, LOW
If you look at my report from my K a few replies up it has never said anything about EXT 2. It's either EXT 1 OK or it's OK. Does it have anything to do with using a solar panel and rechargeable batteries in bank 1?

Yea mine went from EXT1 Ok to EXT1 low and then to OK

If you look at my report from my K a few replies up it has never said anything about EXT 2. It's either EXT 1 OK or it's OK. Does it have anything to do with using a solar panel and rechargeable batteries in bank 1?
if you manipulated a a solar to fit somehow it very well may be the reason. we havent released the cord or the panel to use with the DPB yet. all cameras including the home also have to be on 7.7 for the DPB to operate properly.

if you manipulated a a solar to fit somehow it very well may be the reason. we havent released the cord or the panel to use with the DPB yet. all cameras including the home also have to be on 7.7 for the DPB to operate properly.
I don't have a solar panel on mine and all but one J camera are on 7.7 the J is on 7.6 but I don't have the DPB on that camera

John Why would I receive an email dated 3/19/19 6:04AM? My K is not in service at present and I did not even own it on this date. Could this be from the camera I am receiving as the rebate?

Long story but having issues with my battery bank at camp (non camera related). I ordered a new lithium battery and put it in to replace the worn out lead acid. Turns out the new lithium battery had issues so I am sending it back to the company. My cell booster is draining the old lead acid too much, so I shut down my system. Since gun season started I decided to pull my cameras for now. I put up a couple of cheap standard trail cameras. Will probably put back up the cuddelink in June/July

The solar panels with rechargeable worked pretty well on my J cameras this year. Definately was better than just running AA batteries. The one isn't getting enough sunlight if we get multiple days of shade. I think I may replace it with a dual battery bank next year. The one I had the single battery bank worked pretty well.

I don't have a solar panel on mine and all but one J camera are on 7.7 the J is on 7.6 but I don't have the DPB on that camera

What kind of batteries you running?

John Why would I receive an email dated 3/19/19 6:04AM? My K is not in service at present and I did not even own it on this date. Could this be from the camera I am receiving as the rebate?
more than likely since they are activating the cameras before they ship them out to those who submit the rebate.

i beleive all cameras have to be on 7.7, it shouldn't matter if you have rechargeables in one bank or alkaline in all, the progression should remain the same.

i beleive all cameras have to be on 7.7, it shouldn't matter if you have rechargeables in one bank or alkaline in all, the progression should remain the same.
When you do a firmware update do you do it just on the k camera or do you have to do the j cameras individually as well