Cuddeback's Cuddelink

correct, any cuddelink camera will be able to take the firmware update> the same update will increase the channels from 16 to well over 200 to help eliminate any chance of neighboring interference with other cuddelink users.
We are also in final testing stages of the same firmware update to make a huge upgrade to the cuddelink system. As soon as i get the all clear ill give everyone on the forum the details on that and exactly what it does.
When the craziness of hunting season and camera season dies down, i plan on dissolving this thread and starting two new threads. One focused on questions on how the system works and what it can do and the other for trouble shooting. Since many on here use the thread to get questions answered we want to keep them separate so its easier for all to navigate. Bill has given me permission to do so and i think it will be beneficial for all.

I think that would be good to split and have 2 threads.

Ok question that isn't Cuddeback related directly. I have always used a stealth cam on my iPhone to get the pics off of the cards. It was simple and worked well. The issue is the app that they used is no longer available and when I got a new phone, I can no longer get pics off of it. Apple has an sd card reader lightning adapter, but that doesn't work with all the folders that cuddelink uses on the home camera. Anyone have any recommendations?

Ok question that isn't Cuddeback related directly. I have always used a stealth cam on my iPhone to get the pics off of the cards. It was simple and worked well. The issue is the app that they used is no longer available and when I got a new phone, I can no longer get pics off of it. Apple has an sd card reader lightning adapter, but that doesn't work with all the folders that cuddelink uses on the home camera. Anyone have any recommendations?
The card readers for the iPhone are very finicky. They quit working with no reason why. I usually go through a couple a year. I have even had them quit working when I updated my phone. The card reader works with the cuddelink system though. I have used it on the home cameras and also remote cameras. I would suggest buying a new card reader.

Thank you John for the help and I like your idea of the two threads you're going to start!

When the craziness of hunting season and camera season dies down, i plan on dissolving this thread and starting two new threads. One focused on questions on how the system works and what it can do and the other for trouble shooting. Since many on here use the thread to get questions answered we want to keep them separate so its easier for all to navigate. Bill has given me permission to do so and i think it will be beneficial for all.

Cuddeback should get an intern to read through this thread and build an FAQ. Lots of great information here. I’d also like to echo what others have said and thank you again for all your help and the others that have shared their knowledge/experiences.
I vote that John be in charge of rewriting the operators manual and website videos.

Get one of the Boneview readers and buy it directly from them. I love mine and it’s been working for several years. It’s a must when setting up cams to ensure it is properly placed. Do NOT buy one off eBay or it may be a counterfeit one. That happened to me, never again. Someone hacks the app and it will work until an upgrade to the OS occurs then it’s junk. https://www.boneview.com/collections/boneview/products/sd-reader-apple
There’s an Android version as well. https://www.boneview.com/collections/boneview/products/android

Get one of the Boneview readers and buy it directly from them. I love mine and it’s been working for several years. It’s a must when setting up cams to ensure it is properly placed. Do NOT buy one off eBay or it may be a counterfeit one. That happened to me, never again. Someone hacks the app and it will work until an upgrade to the OS occurs then it’s junk. https://www.boneview.com/collections/boneview/products/sd-reader-apple
There’s an Android version as well. https://www.boneview.com/collections/boneview/products/android
This is what I use as well. Very reliable. Good advice for steering clear of eBay with these too.

Btw if anyone knows of any sweet Black Friday deals, other than the J/K cam deal, please post them.
We have Reduced the price on our Heavy Duty Security Boxes for J Series (custom1enterprises)

I wish I would know what causes these G cams to runaway. I put the cam out in begining of july, I added the DBP 30 days ago and was working great until 2 days ago it just kept taking pics until it filled the card. This is my 5th G cam that has done this and none were any replacements I got from CS. Its very frustrating because they are 4hrs away from my home and it also chews batteries overtime this happens

This thread now has over 200,000 views! i want to thank everyone who has helped build this thread and also helped shape and build Cuddelink in the hunting world. Thanks to all the forum members and the site management/owners for allowing this thread to keep going.
Since we hit 200k views i thought it was a good time to spill the beans on whats coming - this isnt officially public yet but this forum has a different feel to me so im going to fill you all in. All of the responses, questions and hurdles many have experienced on this thread are helping us to try and make Cuddelink better for the consumer from both a ultization standpoint and a customer service standpoint. We recently were granted a patent on Cuddelink and it will allow us to keep aggressively improving the system however we can.
We have a firmware update in the final stages of testing right now and hope to release it as soon as we are confident it is doing everything we want it to. Tentatively, it's looking like first quarter of 2020 is very likely unless we run into something unforeseen.
I've been testing it for a few weeks and it will really make the system more enjoyable to use.
Heres in a nut shell what it will do-
EDITED
1. Increase the amount of units/nodes in a network from 16 to 24 total. So you will now be able to have up to 24 cameras on one cell plan. Im quite honestly surprised at how many guys are already running 16 cameras on one parcel and many of them will most certainly bump beyond that now that 24 will be the max.
2. Increase the overall speed and efficiency of the RF network, Currently about 1000 images per day is what a system can handle in optimum conditions, this will increase to approximately 1500 with the new update.
3. Increase CL channel options to 240 (from the current 16). Dramatically Lowers the odds of channel interference amongst bordering landowners.
4. The big one.... the ability to control the home cell unit and all the remotes from your cell phone and computer. This is something that will really take Cuddelink to the next level in my opinion. Camera settings(delays, on/off, lapse etc), , CL location #'s, Camera ID name, link mode, cell rate ,cell report time and frequency , cell que clear, clear SD," take picture" command will all be able to be done remotely form a smart phone of computer.. This will be done thru the cell Home unit via commands you enter from your camp log in site on Cuddeback.com. As a result of of the commands being done thru the cell unit it will take some time for the changes to take place but they will be done the next time the remote "checks in" with the cell home unit. In most instances , changes will take place within 24 hours or shorter.
The update for all of this will be done via firmware update, all Cuddelink cameras old and new will need to be updated in order to ultilize the new features and EVERY camera in the network will need to be updated for the system to work.
The engineers at Cuddeback (all US citizens) continually amaze me with what they can accomplish , this is major breakthrough and will really help on many levels.
As i said earlier , those on this forum are some of the first to be told of whats coming and i ask that you please do not contact Cuddeback Customer service with questions regarding this at this time because they are not prepared to answer or handle requests or a volume of questions on any of this at this time. The firmware update IS NOT available at this time and as soon as it is ill let everyone know. Im sure this will spawn a whole new slew of questions and i plan on starting the two new threads soon.
Again , thanks to everyone on here for helping shape and mold Cuddelink into what is is today!
As a favor to me, All I ask is that if you purchase Cuddelink product do so from an brick and mortar retailer (either in store or on their website) who lives and breathes hunting. I feel its important that we stay engaged with sporting goods retailers that can help solve problems and offer personal service when its needed. I have multiple retailers that i service myself in WI and there are many others throughout the US who do a great job, if you buy cuddeback product ....buy it from them!

Last edited:
I wish I would know what causes these G cams to runaway. I put the cam out in begining of july, I added the DBP 30 days ago and was working great until 2 days ago it just kept taking pics until it filled the card. This is my 5th G cam that has done this and none were any replacements I got from CS. Its very frustrating because they are 4hrs away from my home and it also chews batteries overtime this happens
Google “runaway trailcam”, there’s a whole slew of brands it happening to. My Cuddeback’s have’t did it yet, but I’ve had a couple other brands that did. There has to be a solution!

Great news John, I’m glad the update is getting closer and thanks for all of your continued help!!

I see Cudde finally has a better mounting strap available. Also a model available with AT&T.

My current cell cam package I am paying monthly. If I cancel my subscription will it keep working until the end of that month that I paid for? Not an issue with the system, but I really don't want to pay for every month during the "off season". I will use 1 camera as the home camera and just check when I am down there.

This thread now has over 200,000 views! i want to thank everyone who has helped build this thread and also helped shape and build Cuddelink in the hunting world. Thanks to all the forum members and the site management/owners for allowing this thread to keep going.
Since we hit 200k views i thought it was a good time to spill the beans on whats coming - this isnt officially public yet but this forum has a different feel to me so im going to fill you all in. All of the responses, questions and hurdles many have experienced on this thread are helping us to try and make Cuddelink better for the consumer from both a ultization standpoint and a customer service standpoint. We recently were granted a patent on Cuddelink and it will allow us to keep aggressively improving the system however we can.
We have a firmware update in the final stages of testing right now and hope to release it as soon as we are confident it is doing everything we want it to. Tentatively, it's looking like first quarter of 2020 is very likely unless we run into something unforeseen.
I've been testing it for a few weeks and it will really make the system more enjoyable to use.
1. Increase the amount of units/nodes in a network from 16 to 24 total. So you will now be able to have up to 24 cameras on one cell plan. Im quite honestly surprised at how many guys are already running 16 cameras on one parcel and many of them will most certainly bump beyond that now that 24 will be the max.
2. Increase the overall speed and efficiency of the RF network, Currently about 1000 images per day is what a system can handle in optimum conditions, this will increase to approximately 1500 with the new update.
3. The big one.... the ability to control the home cell unit and all the remotes from your cell phone and computer. This is something that will really take Cuddelink to the next level in my opinion. Camera settings(delays, on/off, lapse etc), , CL location #'s, Camera ID name, link mode, cell rate ,cell report time and frequency , cell que clear, clear SD," take picture" command will all be able to be done remotely form a smart phone of computer.. This will be done thru the cell Home unit via commands you enter from your camp log in site on Cuddeback.com. As a result of of the commands being done thru the cell unit it will take some time for the changes to take place but they will be done the next time the remote "checks in" with the cell home unit. In most instances , changes will take place within 24 hours or shorter.
The update for all of this will be done via firmware update, all Cuddelink cameras old and new will need to be updated in order to ultilize the new features and EVERY camera in the network will need to be updated for the system to work.
The engineers at Cuddeback (all US citizens) continually amaze me with what they can accomplish , this is major breakthrough and will really help on many levels.
As i said earlier , those on this forum are some of the first to be told of whats coming and i ask that you please do not contact Cuddeback Customer service with questions regarding this at this time because they are not prepared to answer or handle requests or a volume of questions on any of this at this time. The firmware update IS NOT available at this time and as soon as it is ill let everyone know. Im sure this will spawn a whole new slew of questions and i plan on starting the two new threads soon.
Again , thanks to everyone on here for helping shape and mold Cuddelink into what is is today!
As a favor to me, All I ask is that if you purchase Cuddelink product do so from an brick and mortar retailer (either in store or on their website) who lives and breathes hunting. I feel its important that we stay engaged with sporting goods retailers that can help solve problems and offer personal service when its needed. I have multiple retailers that i service myself in WI and there are many others throughout the US who do a great job, if you buy cuddeback product ....buy it from them!

John,

Thanks for the updates.

One question will this thread still be available to view when you make the 2 separate threads but just locked to new posts? Just thinking that there would still be some good info here if someone is searching.

My current cell cam package I am paying monthly. If I cancel my subscription will it keep working until the end of that month that I paid for? Not an issue with the system, but I really don't want to pay for every month during the "off season". I will use 1 camera as the home camera and just check when I am down there.
i would cancel it on the day you want service to stop but before it renews. Safest way is to set a reminder on your phone to do so.

John,

Thanks for the updates.

One question will this thread still be available to view when you make the 2 separate threads but just locked to new posts? Just thinking that there would still be some good info here if someone is searching.
i think the plan would be to dissolve it so there isnt confusion. also there will be some info that will be dated and no longer valid on the current thread and i wouldnt want confusion or conflicting things noted on two threads.

John,

Thanks for the updates.

Heck, I’m already copying some posts. Getting ahead of the game!

3. The big one.... the ability to control the home cell unit and all the remotes from your cell phone and computer. This is something that will really take Cuddelink to the next level in my opinion. Camera settings(delays, on/off, lapse etc), , CL location #'s, Camera ID name, link mode, cell rate ,cell report time and frequency , cell que clear, clear SD," take picture" command will all be able to be done remotely form a smart phone of computer.. This will be done thru the cell Home unit via commands you enter from your camp log in site on Cuddeback.com. As a result of of the commands being done thru the cell unit it will take some time for the changes to take place but they will be done the next time the remote "checks in" with the cell home unit. In most instances , changes will take place within 24 hours or shorter.

John,

Thanks for all that you do even if I bust on cuddeback some. The system definitely has a place on my parcel. These changes are great and should really help smooth out the system. Thanks for taking the time to listen us and having cuddeback address the things that need to be addressed.

John,

Thanks for all that you do even if I bust on cuddeback some. The system definitely has a place on my parcel. These changes are great and should really help smooth out the system. Thanks for taking the time to listen us and having cuddeback address the things that need to be addressed.

I agree. Also with having options to get long battery life is greatly improving the system in my opinion. With my parcel a normal cell cam wouldn't be an option but the Cuddelink works great.