Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Something weird happened this morning on my reports. I have a network on channel 6 with 7 j and g cams and a stand alone dual cell on channel 3 that I pay for separate. These are all on the same 120 acres. Usually the dual cell is the only camera on channel 3s report well this morning it showed a j series camera on there. Could I be picking up a neighboring camera or is it one of mine not working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the dual cell was in standalone mode cuddelink would be disabled? If it's setup on channel 3 it's in active "link" mode. So, want is the location ID and camera ID of the new J camera? Also would be a good idea to post your daily report so we can see.

Quick question, I added a dual cell camera on Sunday. Setup the account, tested, everything worked fine. I have the cell set to send pics every four hours. Last night I received an email saying my email account was not activated. Prior to this email, I was getting the emails every four hours. Since about 9 oclock last night nothing. No report, no images, nothing. Can anyone help me out?

Quick question, I added a dual cell camera on Sunday. Setup the account, tested, everything worked fine. I have the cell set to send pics every four hours. Last night I received an email saying my email account was not activated. Prior to this email, I was getting the emails every four hours. Since about 9 oclock last night nothing. No report, no images, nothing. Can anyone help me out?
My first choice would be customer service at Cuddeback.

Something weird happened this morning on my reports. I have a network on channel 6 with 7 j and g cams and a stand alone dual cell on channel 3 that I pay for separate. These are all on the same 120 acres. Usually the dual cell is the only camera on channel 3s report well this morning it showed a j series camera on there. Could I be picking up a neighboring camera or is it one of mine not working?

If the dual cell was in standalone mode cuddelink would be disabled? If it's setup on channel 3 it's in active "link" mode. So, want is the location ID and camera ID of the new J camera? Also would be a good idea to post your daily report so we can see.

5bb14e9e969e939c3bfaaa5580696dc6.jpg
372cfecec0f775c671002f1765a8967b.jpg

Jrozzi16, it looks like it is a neighbor's camera. The battery days and SD free space would be the same on both reports if it was indeed the same camera IMO.

I just received all of the emails that I posted about earlier. There most have been a loss of cell connection or something.

Congratulations! You have discovered the missing link!! :emoji_relaxed:

I think its the missing Camera 007 from the channel 6 network. I know exactly how this would have happened if I were the one setting things up... You got the camera all set up on channel 6 and afterwards, because you don't trust yourself, you went back into the Cuddelink menu to double check your settings. While on the channel setting you hit the right down arrow 3 times to progress through the menu instead of the left down arrow and without realizing you had inadvertently changed the channel to 3 you recovered your senses and proceeded on pushing the left down arrow. In real time you scored a touchdown, but on the instant replay you tripped over the 5 yard line! :emoji_grinning: At least that's how I would have done it....

Congratulations! You have discovered the missing link!! :emoji_relaxed:

I think its the missing Camera 007 from the channel 6 network. I know exactly how this would have happened if I were the one setting things up... You got the camera all set up on channel 6 and afterwards, because you don't trust yourself, you went back into the Cuddelink menu to double check your settings. While on the channel setting you hit the right down arrow 3 times to progress through the menu instead of the left down arrow and without realizing you had inadvertently changed the channel to 3 you recovered your senses and proceeded on pushing the left down arrow. In real time you scored a touchdown, but on the instant replay you tripped over the 5 yard line! :emoji_grinning: At least that's how I would have done it....

Lol, no camera 7 was the dual cell prior to getting new high gain antennas for it. I was using it as a remote in the channel 6 network. Ya see I purchased the dual cell because my channel 6 network had the home/cell unit with the crappy antennas and Cuddeback was out of stock of the high antennas. So I thought it was a win win to buy the dual cell steal the antennas and just use it as a remote well it worked for a day then it lost network connection and locked the dual cell, so I had to order more high gain antennas. So after I got the antennas I took it back and just set it on it’s own network due to that fact it’s not designed to be used a remote.

I have mine set up with 2 solar panels I bought at Harbor Freight. I think they were only 1.5 watt. I have 2 panels running to a 12v 7ah battery then out to a 12v to 9v convertor to the camera. Today is day 89 with it running like this and no low battery warning yet. I can snap a picture when I get home.
Thanks JLemon. Did you keep rechargeable D cells in the camera or just run it empty? I think the plug that came with the cudde solar panel can be cannibalized to use with the solar panels or did you just buy a new one (1.7mm ID,4.0mm OD)?

Lol, no camera 7 was the dual cell prior to getting new high gain antennas for it. I was using it as a remote in the channel 6 network. Ya see I purchased the dual cell because my channel 6 network had the home/cell unit with the crappy antennas and Cuddeback was out of stock of the high antennas. So I thought it was a win win to buy the dual cell steal the antennas and just use it as a remote well it worked for a day then it lost network connection and locked the dual cell, so I had to order more high gain antennas. So after I got the antennas I took it back and just set it on it’s own network due to that fact it’s not designed to be used a remote.

Dang! There's always another side to every story. :emoji_grin:

Has anyone setup up and external 12v battery with solar panel on the new cuddelink dual cell camera and willing to share their experience? From reading here, I have found that some have used a 12v to 9v converter for this camera but not the anything on the effectiveness/longevity of this setup turned out to be or what solar panels worked best. My camera is in Ohio so the Fall/winter days tend to be overcast alot. My cell camera is in the open field currently with just the cudde solar panel and D battery pack.
I have mine set up with 2 solar panels I bought at Harbor Freight. I think they were only 1.5 watt. I have 2 panels running to a 12v 7ah battery then out to a 12v to 9v convertor to the camera. Today is day 89 with it running like this and no low battery warning yet. I can snap a picture when I get home.

Does the external battery show up on your daily report for the K dual cell? I did something similar and it didn’t so I just bought and installed the 3358 with the new cable and it doesn’t show on the daily report as well.

Does the external battery show up on your daily report for the K dual cell? I did something similar and it didn’t so I just bought and installed the 3358 with the new cable and it doesn’t show on the daily report as well.
neither does mine on the dual cell however on the home/cell non camera unit it does. Makes me question if its functioning.

neither does mine on the dual cell however on the home/cell non camera unit it does. Makes me question if its functioning.

here is my exif data from a picture that was just sent. I have been running the same set of batteries in this dual cell since 6/14/2019. I'm pretty happy with it, plus i have 3 remote cameras.
D=6/14/2019,LD=89,BT=15,RD=88,LH=0,LI=3609,BL=8076,BP=75%,BS=Int,BD=89,BI=12587,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,LO=001,SM=EZ,DD=5sec,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=5sec,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL=OFF

T
The 3358 ext battery booster will not show up on the daily report for the J and K cameras, only the G. They aren't programmed to recognize that. It's also the same voltage as the internals so I believe that may play a part in it.

If you want to know if your 3358 or any external battery is working, simply load it with batteries and plug it into an empty camera. The camera should power on using the externals as it's source.

Good to know, thanks fellas. Makes me feel better

Where's a good place to buy 3358 Battery Booster packs? The new ones that'll fit the K and has both cords... Has anyone placed an order recently?
I ordered them directly from Cuddeback a couple weeks ago and got both cords in box. I have all G's so I assume the one cord is for that and the other one is for the K's.

I stil
Thanks JLemon. Did you keep rechargeable D cells in the camera or just run it empty? I think the plug that came with the cudde solar panel can be cannibalized to use with the solar panels or did you just buy a new one (1.7mm ID,4.0mm OD)?
i still have the alkaline D cells in the camera and I did cannibalize the plug off the charger for the solar panels. Not the best picture.

Attachments

• C0EFB025-A009-4AA5-9386-789D15BD5502.jpeg
    C0EFB025-A009-4AA5-9386-789D15BD5502.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 31
The
The way I understand it is the home cell is 4 d cells (6v) and it reads the 3358 as external when plugged in because it runs 6 Ds (9v). The K doesn’t show it as external because both the camera and 3358 are both running 9v. I’m sure someone will explain that more technical lol.

Ok. Got a question. If you have followed my posts I got a cell booster in my cabin that has now allowed me to get a cell camera on my network which is great. One thing I didn't check into is that the cell booster could put a bit of a drain on my small solar setup for my cabin. Did a little research and I can get put an inexpensive timer on the cell booster to turn it on and turn it off at certain times. Good that solves that issue. I know the report comes between 4-6AM so I can set for that time. If I set for 12 hours would the pics then get sent a about 4-6PM? I also can't remember if 24 hrs is an option for the batch to send? If it is does it just send at the 4-6AM time slot.

Long story short if I can reduce my usuage of the cell booster down to 4-6 hrs my solar setup will handle it no problem. Should be ok as is but if we get a lot of cloudy days in a row or get snow on the panel it could cause my 12V battery to get down lower than I want.
Anyone able to help me out with this?