Crash Course on GRIN ordering?

It doesn't say what happened to it. Maybe it got run over by the mower? Sprayed with Roundup? Girdled by rabbits? Root rot? Virus?

STD?

Finally my tax dollars went to something of value! The list is amazing. Do they really have all those varieties?

Have we determined that the functional search option for GRIN was dismantled. There used to be the ability to search apple varieties by same ripening type, size, flesh, etc...

Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.....

https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/search.aspx

There still exists the ability to search by a whole list of descriptors. I was just looking at some stuff last week, sorry dont have a link for you.

I used the form that is on the site and faxed it to the number that was on the letter I received which I believe is still on the website. If you need it let me know

I used the search recently. You need to search by descriptor and get into the section that lets you do that for apple. I usually stumble around until I find it. I tried to get to it on my phone today but gave up. If I have time tonight, I'll get on the computer and get you the link.

On my phone, I am having trouble getting to the right descriptor search from that link. It lets me select one descriptor. The help link below shows how it should look where you can search for more than one descriptor at the same time.

http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/gringlobal/HTML5/Default.htm?#GeneralTopics/Descriptors Search Options.htm

Or maybe this link http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/gringlobal/HTML5/Content/GeneralTopics/Crop Descriptors.htm#descriptors

Anyone order budwood? Deadline is July 15. I have a bunch of rootstock I could bud I'm too busy otherwise. I poked through my old notes on varieties but couldn't get excited about getting some on order. I'll bud some with things I already have.

In looking through this thread, I found the article I posted on duplicates in the collection identified by genetic testing. Looking at that list again, I realize I got one last spring. I ordered coop 44 thinking it was a PRI selection but that article says it is actually MM.111. And I grafted some of it onto MM.111 rootstock. I guess I'll add those coop 44 to my T-bud list.

I did order a few things;

Frost Bite
Pitmaston Pineapple x 692
Centennial
Bramley's seedling
Geneva

I just put my order in. Emailed Dawn to confirm my order is indeed in and she got it and filed it away for winter.

Red Splendor
Indian Magic
Arkansas Black
Shafer
Haralson
Trailman
Calville Blanc
Linda Sweet
Waubay
Prairie Fire
State Fair
Priscilla
Blue Permain
Court Pendu Plat
Mary Potter

I just put my order in. Emailed Dawn to confirm my order is indeed in and she got it and filed it away for winter.

Red Splendor
Indian Magic
Arkansas Black
Shafer
Haralson
Trailman
Calville Blanc
Linda Sweet
Waubay
Prairie Fire
State Fair
Priscilla
Blue Permain
Court Pendu Plat
Mary Potter

I have a number of the those varieties growing, not sure on scion wood yet as we unfortunately arent having the best growing season here this year. The early heat shut down my trees growth early and with this latest heat wave I dont think I will likely see a late season push of new wood either. But if I have it available I can get a you about a 1/3rd of your list.

Wait your ordering scion wood already for next year, geez guys we waited until August last year, I will not be outdone! :)

I have a number of the those varieties growing, not sure on scion wood yet as we unfortunately arent having the best growing season here this year. The early heat shut down my trees growth early and with this latest heat wave I dont think I will likely see a late season push of new wood either. But if I have it available I can get a you about a 1/3rd of your list.

TC since your own sources were having trouble I will have some Chestnut Crab scion this year if you'd like some.

TC since your own sources were having trouble I will have some Chestnut Crab scion this year if you'd like some.
I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the offer.

Wait your ordering scion wood already for next year, geez guys we waited until August last year, I will not be outdone! :)

Rootstocks for 2017 - CHECK
GRIN SCIONs for 2017 - CHECK
Knife sharpened - CHECK

I only ordered because my GRIN order for 2016 did get screwed up.

He's crazy for a reason folks, consider me in the hunt to conclude my 2016 grin order, stop upping the anti Matt! :)

Give me a break, it's not like I am ordering semi loads of cow shit this year. =)

Not this week at least.

Give me a break, it's not like I am ordering semi loads of cow shit this year. =)

Not this week at least.

Truth now....... Preach it!