Crash Course on GRIN ordering?

No GRIN apples for me this year. Still have a GRIN order for pear scions that I wanted last year, but because of the quarantine they never shipped any last spring.

Anyone have their grin receipt/confirmation email? I'm still waiting to pull the trigger on my order until I feel confident I know what all I want.

BV..................you crazy graftin' fool. :eek::D

BV..................you crazy graftin' fool. :eek::D

How many other limbertwig varieties you have Rick, lets close the deal. throw in AWH crab also. Bank it........

Now, 2nd question, where am I gonna put all these trees?

Its kind of funny I see that most of us think alike when looking for varieties. We rarely talk about all the obscure ones and yet we seem to order them. With the 1000s of choices from GRIN we end up at the same end. I think I have seen a couple of lists showing Wetonka and Hawkeye, I got those last year and maybe will beat you guys to the end result. Both were disease free this year in the nursery.

Its kind of funny I see that most of us think alike when looking for varieties. We rarely talk about all the obscure ones and yet we seem to order them. With the 1000s of choices from GRIN we end up at the same end. I think I have seen a couple of lists showing Wetonka and Hawkeye, I got those last year and maybe will beat you guys to the end result. Both were disease free this year in the nursery.

Yes TC, I searched out at grin and other places for late hanging disease free varieties to give myself some cushion if the heirloom/heritage varieties die on me. Thats basically why I did what I did.

I'm fascinated by red fleshed varieties even though, theoretically they have poor eating qualities. So i got a few more red fleshed crabs Cowichan and Otterson. I almost sprung for scugog as its fb resistant and a majorly red fleshed full size apple but decided against it in the end. I figure the less I have to bother you folks for scion wood the better that way I'm not a pain in the ass.

Yes TC, I searched out at grin and other places for late hanging disease free varieties to give myself some cushion if the heirloom/heritage varieties die on me. Thats basically why I did what I did.

I'm fascinated by red fleshed varieties even though, theoretically they have poor eating qualities. So i got a few more red fleshed crabs Cowichan and Otterson. I almost sprung for scugog as its fb resistant and a majorly red fleshed full size apple but decided against it in the end. I figure the less I have to bother you folks for scion wood the better that way I'm not a pain in the ass.

I grafted Scugog this year as well plus a few other red fleshed varieties. I am in Huskerland so thought it only fitting that I should work to come up with a red fleshed apple!:) Never a pain if I have extra scion to share I can probably send you a chunk of Scugog with your trees, if I remember correctly I had good success with those grafts. I am not looking to grow an entire tree of it at this point just want to graft onto a more mature tree to see what the apple looks like.