All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the science that changes twice a week.

I have a question as well for the Dr, if you get the chance.

Of the non vaccinated that are filling the ICU's, what are the ages, are these otherwise healthy people?

Also, when you say the non vaccinated Covid patients are using the available ICU beds, what capacity? I guess my question is, if your hospital has 100 ICU beds, but only staff for 50 ICU beds, is the 90% of the total of the 100 beds, or the 50 beds?

My wife also works in a hospital, largest hospital, in the largest city, in the area. But over all a small city. From this hospital, it is a 100 miles to the north to get to a bigger one, and about 75 to the south. They have 4 Covid patients in the ICU.

I work at one of the largest hospitals in my state. Looking at exact numbers, our last COVID inpatient count as of 12/20/2021 was 67 (with 23 in the ICU) since December of 2020, more than 90% of our hospitalized COVID patients have been unvaccinated. So, that is not saying 90% of our hospitalized pts are unvaccinated, just 90% of those hospitalized for COVID. In Iowa, currently 64% of our population has received at least one vaccine.

In the ICU, there all all different ages, I recently took care of an otherwise healthy 5-month-old who was intubated because of COVID. Many of the intubated icu patients do have co-morbidities (high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity) but so does a large portion of our population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a physician and this is one of the saddest treads I’ve ever seen. There is a reason why 96% of physicians are vaccinated, it is because they are safe and effective. In hospitals across the country, we are now experiencing a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Our ICUs are filled with unvaccinated people, on their death bed, using up valuable space and resources. At times, I can’t bring ventilated stroke patients, heart failure patients, septic pts to the ICU, who would have otherwise had a bed up there, because they are filled with people people dying from COVID. It’s extremely sad and frustrating for everyone in the healthcare field. If you don’t want to listen to the government, fine, don’t, but listen to the physicians who grew up in your communities and spent years of their life enduring rigorous academic training, sitting through entire courses on immunology and biochemistry. Use the medical professionals as your resource, go talk to your doctor, don’t be scared, stop making excuses, and just get vaccinated. Also, please, stop using memes to help make your decision.

Welcome to HT! Good to see some new faces here, thank you for your post bud. I would love to discuss this stuff with you.

I would assume the vaccination rate is 96% among physicians because it is mandated for healthcare workers to get vaccinated so technically it should be 100%, that doesn't solidify the effectiveness of the vaccines because it was forced does it? Everyone took it willingly vs everyone being forced to take it is a bit misleading. Alternately the sudden lack of ICU beds would be at least in part because they fired all the unvaccinated healthcare workers which not only increases the vaccination rate but also lowers hospitals overall bed capacities at every hospital correct? It takes 2 years schooling minimal to backfill many of these positions so this won't end anytime soon.
If this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated why did Cornell College here in NY have to shut down in person learning and go remote despite having a 97% vaccinated rate? Contradicting information to me but just my thoughts there.

I think it’s reasonable to take Cornell’s explanation at face value. They wanted to limit spread among their students and staff to prevent them spreading it to the outside community and their families when they leave for break.

If Trump runs again, he's gonna have two big problems to deal with that could sink his base support.

1. It was under his leadership that the vax regime took over the planet. He may survive this one so long as he's in the same boat as the jab makers in that they cannot allow people to come to the realization that hundreds of thousands have been killed by the jab, and millions permanently injured or had their lives severely shortened.

2. He sat on the sidelines and said nothing while the jab war criminals in the regime terrorized the country with discrimination, humiliation, threats, coercion, imprisonment, abuse, loss of income, lock-ins, loss of kids, conspiracy to jab kids without parents consent, etc.

Do I think it's really his fault that we're where we are? No, but he could have drained the medical swamp before he left, and he could have spoken up as the regime was trampling the constitution faster and harder than any other tyrannical regime before it. One simple line, "This was never the intent of operation warp speed."
Don't think it's as simple as that. When you depend on your advisors and they intentionally mislead. Media gets a pass now?

I think it’s reasonable to take Cornell’s explanation at face value. They wanted to limit spread among their students and staff to prevent them spreading it to the outside community and their families when they leave for break.
Lol

Welcome to HT! Good to see some new faces here, thank you for your post bud. I would love to discuss this stuff with you.

I would assume the vaccination rate is 96% among physicians because it is mandated for healthcare workers to get vaccinated so technically it should be 100%, that doesn't solidify the effectiveness of the vaccines because it was forced does it? Everyone took it willingly vs everyone being forced to take it is a bit misleading. Alternately the sudden lack of ICU beds would be at least in part because they fired all the unvaccinated healthcare workers which not only increases the vaccination rate but also lowers hospitals overall bed capacities at every hospital correct? It takes 2 years schooling minimal to backfill many of these positions so this won't end anytime soon.
If this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated why did Cornell College here in NY have to shut down in person learning and go remote despite having a 97% vaccinated rate? Contradicting information to me but just my thoughts there.

The physician vaccination rate of 96% was long before mandates. The lack of ICU beds is in part due to staff shortages. Some nurses quit the ICU because of burnout, some quit because of the vaccine mandates, some were fired, I don’t know percentages but if were to guess more quit because of burnout.

I have no idea about Cornell College. I work in and around the ICU, I do know almost all people in our ICU that are dying from COVID are unvaccinated, it’s sad. In my professional opinion, I think you should get vaccinated. I’m not going to comment on all this other political stuff.

Psychologists have a term for the refusal to believe evidence that contradicts a preexisting belief: cognitive dissonance. It is sustained by another activity called confirmation bias, in which a person overlooks all evidence that rejects his or her belief system and grasp the isolated bits of information that confirm it.

I own a piece of land, I’ve done a handful or projects on it. I’ve spent countless hours on project threads and have learned a lot from everyone on here. I have always been hesitant to post on this forum because I’m not a habitat expert. There are so many people on here that know much more than me when it comes to habitat improvement. That’s why it blew my mind to see thousands of post about the Corona Virus on a habitat forum.

It is shifting to a pandemic of the vaccinated quickly. The hustlers have no clothes. The stories are all around us that bear this out, and it's getting hard to explain away. The NFL, CNN, The Nets, the senators, colleges, Cramer...

Were those that took the jab warned by the experts that vaccine efficacy was going to go below zero? Do they know this now? Surely, we're studying the potential for further and permanent immune system damage from additional doses of the same stuff that caused the original damage?

Anybody member the '+95% effective' against transmission of the virus? Amazing how that +95% has eroded to -127% for those in the hardest hit groups. The hustlers will have us believe that doubling down on the original error will reverse this phenomenon somehow. Perhaps if a little is detrimental, a lot is regenerative? Sounds like Ingsoc to me.

And the vaccinated have boxed out the unvaccinated for majority of hospital admissions in the UK.

1640028903652.png

Don't think it's as simple as that. When you depend on your advisors and they intentionally mislead. Media gets a pass now?
He knew every person in the room was a snake. If we knew it in April of 2020, he surely knew before us.

I'll continue to support Trump.

I’m sorry about your in-laws missing Xmas. Thankfully they’ll stay out of the ICU and the morgue because of their vaccination status. We’ve all had to deal with inconveniences related to COVID-19 and it sucks.

Thanks for the attempted assurance but it's pretty clear by now that plenty of vaccinated people have gotten seriously ill and/or died.

So this also makes sense to you? Test the healthy unvaxxed to protect the vaxxed that will not get seriously ill or die from covid as you say. Don't test the healthy vaxxed to protect the unvaxxed who are much more likely to get seriously ill or die as you claim.

I know, I know. If the unvaxxed would just get the jab this would all be over. But wait, the vaxxed still contract and spread covid. Too many circles, I'm confused. Signing off and returning to my reckless lifestyle.

I'll continue to support Trump.

This isn’t about Trump. Trump is vaccinated and just go his booster shot.

This isn’t about Trump. Trump is vaccinated and just go his booster shot.

Was responding to an earlier post from someone. Do you know what this IS about?

Psychologists have a term for the refusal to believe evidence that contradicts a preexisting belief: cognitive dissonance. It is sustained by another activity called confirmation bias, in which a person overlooks all evidence that rejects his or her belief system and grasp the isolated bits of information that confirm it.
What would be the term for refusal to believe reality?

Looks like that data came from Table 11 of that UK report. Which does show the increase more cases among some of the unvaccinated groups as shown in the graph SD posted. But that table also shows the lower rates of hospitalization and deaths for the vaccinated. So while your statement that more vaccinated are hospitalized, it would only be true because so many people in the UK have been vaccinated. When normalized (per 100k people), the rates show the benefit of getting people vaccinated.

1640036153857.png
And the vaccinated have boxed out the unvaccinated for majority of hospital admissions in the UK.

View attachment 39416

Was responding to an earlier post from someone. Do you know what this IS about?

No, sorry, I misread the thread.

I'm glad you've joined Habitat Talk. The last guy was not helpful whatsoever.

Was "the last guy" a physician?

bill

Status
Not open for further replies.