Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning every lab out there was testing hundreds and hundreds of already available drugs solely or in combinations that could be used to treat or lessen the effect of the virus. Once the Fauci backed Remdesivr got approved then for some reason everything else vanished from Earth. What was considered science 18 months ago is now considered heresy.

I guess what bothers me is the bashing of a vaccine that has been tested to treat a virus and the promotion of a drug that has been tested an proven effective for treating parasites in humans,but not tested for treating viruses.

I also understand drugs that are used off label, but do the drug manufacturers promote that practice or just turn a blind eye to it until testing is done and then promote it after it's proven. What's the difference between using a drug off label or trying to repurpose it? Not being a smart ass or dumb ass but I don't know the difference.
I didn't take that as being smartassed bud, we are all here to discuss not slander.

A doctor can recognize the symptoms in a patient as a virus and treat the patient with an antiviral drug even though he doesn't know specifically which virus it is which is off label. Probably not the best example but you will get the point.

A Drug manufacturer has to get FDA approval to include something else it discovered it works for, to get it "on label".

Ivermectin has been around and used for decades in humans and has proven to have antiviral properties, we already know all the short and long term effects and it is literally safer than asprine.
Here is the big question for you: What are the long term side effects of the vaccines to a brand new disease that have only been studied for less than a year? And knowing that Pfizer has hidden detrimental data to get FDA approved and sell their other products, are you at all skeptical of its new products? There are trillions of dollars being made right now off Covid.

I guess what bothers me is the bashing of a vaccine that has been tested
You're kidding right? The clinical trials have not been completed and this "Vaccine" is on an emergency FDA approval which is supposed to only be used if there are no other viable treatments. But wait, there are several and Ivermectin is one of them. Why don't they want to use that or the several other treatments that have been proven to be effective if taken early on? That right there is the BILLION dollar question.

You're kidding right? The clinical trials have not been completed and this "Vaccine" is on an emergency FDA approval which is supposed to only be used if there are no other viable treatments. But wait, there are several and Ivermectin is one of them. Why don't they want to use that or the several other treatments that have been proven to be effective if taken early on? That right there is the BILLION dollar question.
As far as that goes its been proven that by simply taking vitamins c and d and zinc ges a long way towards protecting you from getting it or getting a bad case.

I take those supplements every day and have for 30 years. Don’t know if it helps but I don’t get sick very often.
But. I’ve had Cancer too, so who knows.

Yeah I bought one for my brothers labor day picnic.
Just to piss off my liberal sister.

View attachment 36442

interesting picnic. I was floored by how many affirmatives my new shirt got. (In NJ)

Maybe we have a chance?

of course the ones that didn’t like it had no clue that pronouns or CRT even existed.
Wonder what they read and watch :emoji_thinking:

I know I won’t change anyone’s mind but As someone that makes a living trying to save people’s life with drugs please don’t take ivermectin for Covid. Ivermectin has not been shown to work with Covid, there was a study from Egypt that was used in several meta analysis that was plagiarized and had completely false data. This is where much of the recommendations initially came from.

We have to remember with Covid we had to learn very quickly and publicly about the disease and treatment. Very few medical conditions are treated the same way now as they were when I started school less than 20 years ago but people don’t completely lose their mind when they update high blood pressure treatment guidelines every couple of years because of new information. Something we have been studying for many many years.

I will agree with the fact that Covid has been politicized by both sides for their own benefit but I would really wish the medical facts and vaccines could be separated from the political “facts”.

It is true we don’t know what the long terms effects of the vaccine are we also don’t know what the long term effects of being infected with Covid are either. I can tell you that the delta variant is causing young healthy adults to be hospitalized and some ultimately passing away when many of them at this point could be prevented by being vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I won’t change anyone’s mind but As someone that makes a living trying to save people’s life with drugs please don’t take ivermectin for Covid. Ivermectin has not been shown to work with Covid, there was a study from Egypt that was used in several meta analysis that was plagiarized and had completely false data. This is where much of the recommendations initially came from.

We have to remember with Covid we had to learn very quickly and publicly about the disease and treatment. Very few medical conditions are treated the same way now as they were when I started school less than 20 years ago but people don’t completely lose their mind when they update high blood pressure treatment guidelines every couple of years because of new information. Something we have been studying for many many years.

I will agree with the fact that Covid has been politicized by both sides for their own benefit but I would really wish the medical facts and vaccines could be separated from the political “facts”.

It is true we don’t know what the long terms effects of the vaccine are we also don’t know what the long term effects of being infected with Covid are either. I can tell you that the delta variant is causing young healthy adults to be hospitalized and some ultimately passing away when many of them at this point could be prevented by being vaccinated.

There are 190 pts in my hospital with COVID today. 91 are on ventilators. None of them had been vaccinated

I believe in the preservation of individual liberty,minority rights ,and personal choice and responsibility

Vaccines "Yes"
Mandates "No"

bill

PS SD's cartoons "Oh hell ,YES"

bill

There are 190 pts in my hospital with COVID today. 91 are on ventilators. None of them had been vaccinated

I believe in the preservation of individual liberty,minority rights ,and personal choice and responsibility

Vaccines "Yes"
Mandates "No"

bill

PS SD's cartoons "Oh hell ,YES"

bill

I agree 100% with the no mandates.

Vaccines: no
Mandates: no
Natural immunity: yes
Lifestyle change: yes
Lower BP, lower visceral fat, decrease insulin resistance: yes

Not a knock on hospitals or people who work there, but they don't make a lot of money on healthy people.

It should always be a choice, never a mandate!

In that, my wife needs to take the shot by November, or lose her job, she caved, and got the shot. I dont think any less of her, and she isnt pressuring me to get it. It was her choice to either find a different job, or get the shot, she chose to get the shot.

I am not an antivaxer, I have all of my other shots to date, I am just not ready to get this one. I dont think it is worth it to me, at this time. I also feel there hasnt been enough time from testing the guinea pigs yet. Maybe 6 months from now, or 6 years from now, maybe never, but it should be my choice. If Covid takes me out, well that isnt anyone else's fault, other then my own, I will own up to it.

The way I look at it is, it is still in an experimental stage, we need test groups, and control groups, I pick the later. When it gets to the point that the pharm companies can be held reliable if people start getting sick years from now, then I will probably get in line and take my shot. Until then, they still are uncertain to what the long term affect will be, so I will stay in the control group.

Not a knock on hospitals or people who work there, but they don't make a lot of money on healthy people.

You aren’t totally wrong but many hospitals actually don’t make a bunch when people get sick and land in the hospital because the actual reimbursement in many cases doesn’t cover the expense.

It should always be a choice, never a mandate!

In that, my wife needs to take the shot by November, or lose her job, she caved, and got the shot. I dont think any less of her, and she isnt pressuring me to get it. It was her choice to either find a different job, or get the shot, she chose to get the shot.

I am not an antivaxer, I have all of my other shots to date, I am just not ready to get this one. I dont think it is worth it to me, at this time. I also feel there hasnt been enough time from testing the guinea pigs yet. Maybe 6 months from now, or 6 years from now, maybe never, but it should be my choice. If Covid takes me out, well that isnt anyone else's fault, other then my own, I will own up to it.

The way I look at it is, it is still in an experimental stage, we need test groups, and control groups, I pick the later. When it gets to the point that the pharm companies can be held reliable if people start getting sick years from now, then I will probably get in line and take my shot. Until then, they still are uncertain to what the long term affect will be, so I will stay in the control group.

I feel it is going to be a playing catch-up with the vaccines for years and probably a decade or more. That will be catch up to the newest strains and changing the vaccines to try and get them to work. We are beginning to see the definition of fully vaccinated changing from 2x to 3x.

Fairly soon, a strain will escape even 3x in my opinion.

Time will tell how natural immunity, post infection, fairs against the vaccines. Neither will be perfect.

Yup, ‘ two weeks to flatten the curve.’ Remember that one?

Not only are the vaccines proving to be not perfect they are proving to be much less effective than the 90-95% touted. Every day more and more breakthrough infections are being reported. Not only that is they are being hospitalized also. Studies out of Israel are showing the majority of people in the hospitals are vaxed. I saw something the other day sighting a 46% effect rate for the Phizer. Fauci is pushing the 3X as the solution but, if 2X isn’t working I don’t see how 3X will do much different.

I personally know no less than 10 fully vaccinated people that have come down with the sicknesses in the past two weeks. I honestly just don’t see the point.

One of them died last weekend. Fully vaccinated. I just can’t see it.

If I personally knew of 10 people who came down with the virus in just the past two weeks, one of whom died… I’d say it’s clear the virus is real, and it is deadly. Too bad there is no perfect solution.

I know of one active 79-year-old friend, also fully vaccinated. He got the virus, felt bad for two days, now back to his old self. Did the vaccine keep him out of the grave? Honestly, who knows, but is sure did not hurt. Let’s say, I try to tip the odds in my favor, knowing there is are no guarantees in life or vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.