All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catscratch House and Habitat build

^^ Really a cool bar and tv room. Great ideas with that floor. Niiice touch. Impressive build.....and great experiences for those kids. Kudo's!

Last edited:
You have posted pictures before because I recall the bar top and the basketball court in the basement.

When we resurfaced the high school track at the high school that my 2 oldest attended I was able to salvage a piece of lane 4 for my daughter. She didn't lose many races on it in her high school career. Attached all of her high school medals to it... its a nice momento.
Lane 4... that's for the number 1 seed! What a cool way to showcase her medals!

I stumbled across this thread, and glad I did. You've done a great job at your place, and I'm impressed!
Most importantly, you working w/ the younger ones, giving them opportunities to experience the outdoors & camaraderie that comes along w/ it, is going to make a difference in our future.
For every mentally delusional liberal spreading their insane/hatred/victim beliefs thru media, we need to have 10 of you/us bringing those kids back into reality with tactile events they can truly experience & understand. There's nothing better than taking a kid out fishing, and trying to leave, and having them say "just one more cast, just one more..."
It's your legacy, and you're making a impact!

I stumbled across this thread, and glad I did. You've done a great job at your place, and I'm impressed!
Most importantly, you working w/ the younger ones, giving them opportunities to experience the outdoors & camaraderie that comes along w/ it, is going to make a difference in our future.
For every mentally delusional liberal spreading their insane/hatred/victim beliefs thru media, we need to have 10 of you/us bringing those kids back into reality with tactile events they can truly experience & understand. There's nothing better than taking a kid out fishing, and trying to leave, and having them say "just one more cast, just one more..."
It's your legacy, and you're making a impact!
That's about the biggest compliment a man can get. Thank you sir! And of course I've seen the pics of you taking kids fishing and even offering a guy up north a chance to take his kid fishing in OK, so kudo's to you too! It takes a village...

thats pretty good shooting from a young men handling a couple of over/unders and what looks like an old pump 20 guage!

thats pretty good shooting from a young men handling a couple of over/unders and what looks like an old pump 20 guage!
One of the kids don't have a shotgun so I threw him my old Winchester 120 youth model. The other's like their cheap Turkish over/unders. They shot pretty well but still went through a ton of shells. May have to run to town this afternoon!

What happened to the couch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the kids don't have a shotgun so I threw him my old Winchester 120 youth model. The other's like their cheap Turkish over/unders. They shot pretty well but still went through a ton of shells. May have to run to town this afternoon!
Those boys will never forget those times.......I didnt! Grin.

A little update on the place. Habitat only this time.
Sand plums are kicking some ass right now. Great native to have around.
Screenshot_20230904_181717_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_181722_Gallery.jpg

Speaking of natives... I have native DCO as well as some I had bought. I spent some time today thinning out redbuds and whatnot that grow up in them. Hard to tell from pics but I removed quite a bit.
Screenshot_20230904_181728_Gallery.jpg
The goofy squiggly trunks are them. One of my favorite trees to look at.
Screenshot_20230904_181738_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_181802_Gallery.jpg

Also have native Chinkapin. Lots of mature trees and they're loaded.
Screenshot_20230904_181812_Gallery.jpg

The pin oaks are extremely loaded this yr! Larger than normal nuts. Deer here save them for last. Don't seem to like them as well as the others. It's good though as it creates a reserve nutrition source for the winter.
Screenshot_20230904_181820_Gallery.jpg

No Burr acorns this yr.

Pear, apple, crabs, persimmon.

And I'd like to give a shout out to Turkey Creek as a lot of these trees came from him. Nothing but stellar performance from his trees!
Screenshot_20230904_182956_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183001_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183006_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183015_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183024_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183028_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230904_183034_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Dunstans I started last winter. Going to have to do something with them before it turns cold.
20230904_170043.jpg

Thanks for the shout out! Most of the oaks around here are pretty bare this year. I guess it figures though as last year was a bumper crop year.

I may have missed it, how many acres is your place?

^ In a normal year....how many cattle can you graze on that land?