Can Someone ID Please?

rlb165

Yearling... With promise
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
38dd18efd6f21e2ffa9130bef71223ee.jpg
f5ac0134e78e945bb8cbaa274e0d0a2d.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you smsmith.
This is the first one I've seen on our property in 21 years. I know AO can be invasive, but this is my first time actually seeing it.

Thank you smsmith.
This is the first one I've seen on our property in 21 years. I know AO can be invasive, but this is my first time actually seeing it.

Betting just about anything that it is not the only one out there and if you don't have much of it now, you might want to get the jump on it, or it will start to dominate your woods in short order. Birdies and critters like the berries(seeds) and aren't selective about where they poop them out, so they will likely be everywhere before you know it if left unchecked.

yesterday I attacked a few clumps of AO like that by clipping and treating with Tordon rtu. I found this to be slow and sloppy with all the tiny stems. Next time I'll use triclopyr in diesel fuel as a basal spray. this time of year I'm using that on ailanthus anyway. It's very effective on AO and much quicker than clipping/squirting.

Thanks all for responding. I read some interesting "discussions" about AO on another forum. Wow!

Yesterday I cut it off at the stump and treated with a heavy dose of glyphosate and Ground Clear. I did a quick search of the general area and didn't find any more.

Very susceptible to gly, crossbow this time of year. Stink the area up with appropriate herbicide applications now or regret it later! Wish I'd never seen it here!

Betting just about anything that it is not the only one out there and if you don't have much of it now, you might want to get the jump on it, or it will start to dominate your woods in short order. Birdies and critters like the berries(seeds) and aren't selective about where they poop them out, so they will likely be everywhere before you know it if left unchecked.

Dang it wiscwhip, you were right. I was doing some work in the woods today and found a little spot with about a 1/2 dozen autumn olives.
I have to say, they were surprisingly easy to pull out of the ground. The bulk of the root system seems to run just below ground level.
f245acef3e484de6f603f7ac3ef94627.jpg

Get them before they get you!