All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bushnell strike force

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
I purchased 1 a couple years ago and it worked fine,so I picked up a couple more late last year.I never know if they will take a pic or not.The guys at Trailcampro told me they need to have dedicated SD cards and lithium batteries.They will take pics 1 week but not the next.Any suggestions

Browning or bushnell? I think you have part of each company in that cam name.

Yep. ..browning strike force . Is that the one you're talking about?

Not sure of the solution but I had a similar problem of inconsistent pics and moved away from the strike force. Dark Ops have been good

Spartan Go Cam are becoming my go to cams.

Mine was doing the same thing, sent it back and the new one they sent me works well. No complaints

Yes it's a browning and I have sent them in once.I won't buy anymore.I am going to try and find some lithiums and if that doesn't work they are going back again

Is it just the strike force people are having issues with?

What about the recon force platinum edition?

OP, wish I could help you more. Reviews are good for recon force from what I've seen, but hopefully someone will chime in.

Well since I have been being told that the newer brownings need dedicated cards and lithium batteries.I broke down last night and bought 20.00 worth of batteries for 1 camera and have a card in now that hasn't been used in another camera.One time of empty file and all the brownings are going back

I have several of those, best cams I've owned. Crazy how unreliable cams are, some people have good luck with a brand and others have bad luck. I have a love-hate relationship with trail cams. Anyway, under the options, you'll find "Delete All" or something like that. Select yes, I do that every time I put a card in and it formats that card to that camera. I use standard 4 & 8 GB cards in all of mine. Good luck.

Same for me. I'm going 100% Browning.

When I first contact the guys at trailcampro.com they said you needed to use the lithiums and have dedicated cards that were never used in anything else.They also said more cameras were coming out with these restrictions.I had switched to rechargables but can't use them in the brownings.

I just ordered 2 new ones. I'll check them out compared to the ones I bought last year and report back. The ones I bought last summer absolutely use regular batteries & cards.

I've ran a half-dozen Browning's over the past 2 years and have never used a lithium battery. All cheapo Rayovacs. Got about 8 SD cards that I swap around between cams and haven't had any issues.

I have a bunch of the Strike force and the Dark ops. I use rechargeable batteries in them and swap the cards between cameras all the time with no issues. I do format the card in the camera every time I put in a new card.

Just got these today. Nothing about having to use special batteries or special SD cards.

8DE5AD05-78DE-4A7A-B2CC-3768D4DFD0E6.jpg

A892D0B5-E47F-4B22-A374-283F59AE9EE3.jpg

123B714B-0AE6-45D7-8997-0331F7AD8803.jpg

My exact thoughts also.I can get pictures one time and won't have a single pic the next.Not even when I walk in front of camera.I called the guys at trailcampro and he said that I couldn't use rechargables and I needed to have dedicated cards.I hate to have a camera out for 2 weeks with a brand new set of batteries and not a single picture.

Well the camera that I put the lithiums in had a empty card tonight.This was after I spent an hour spreading lime in front of it.It also didn't take a pic when I walked up to it.Like I said if anyone wants to try their luck I will sell for 50.00 each.I am calling trailcampro tomorrow

Does it have the latest firmware on it?

Well the camera that I put the lithiums in had a empty card tonight.This was after I spent an hour spreading lime in front of it.It also didn't take a pic when I walked up to it.Like I said if anyone wants to try their luck I will sell for 50.00 each.I am calling trailcampro tomorrow

Go to slaycam.com Those guys know cameras, some real Browning experts on there. They aren't vendors, just some guys that eat, breath, and sleep cams. Someone will know how to fix you up, I bet.

Go to slaycam.com Those guys know cameras, some real Browning experts on there. They aren't vendors, just some guys that eat, breath, and sleep cams. Someone will know how to fix you up, I bet.

Yep.:cool: Might even learn about "monkeys":D