Broadcasting WR into existing clover plot

ToddG

5 year old buck +
I am going to broadcast WR into a existing clover plot and was wondering if it would hurt the clover if i rolled it after seeding or will the WR germinate in the clover fine without rolling.
Thanks

Following

It shouldn't hurt your clover to roll it, maybe set it back some but it'll come back.

I would think that’s be fine - or maybe just wait for a rain and spread it right before.

I would think that’s be fine - or maybe just wait for a rain and spread it right before.
I think I'll try to broadcast right before rain. I wasn't sure if rolling it would be necessary.

How tall is the clover?
What kind of clover?

How tall is the clover?
What kind of clover?
One plot is Ladino and the other is Durana. The Durana is only 4" but the Ladino is about 9"

I am going to broadcast WR into a existing clover plot and was wondering if it would hurt the clover if i rolled it after seeding or will the WR germinate in the clover fine without rolling.
Thanks

You want the clover to be set back. I'm presuming an established plot. There are several ways to accomplish this. One is by spraying the field with 1 qt/ac gly which will top-kill the clover giving the WR a chance to germinate and get tall enough before the clover bounces back from the root system. The second is to bushhog the clover flat to the ground. Both methods work if you are drilling. If surface broadcasting I would probably opt for the gly, especially if there are significant grasses in the field. There is no issue with cultipacking after broadcasting and it should be beneficial. If the field is patchy you can even add clover seed to your WR.

One word of caution: You don't want any additional stressors on your clover when you do this. So, make sure you have rain in the forecast. If you top-kill the clover and get a couple week drought, you won't get good results. In our area, I would probably wait until labor day to start watching the weather forecast. As soon as you see rain in the forecast a day or two out after labor day, go ahead and execute. Both the rain and cool evenings will benefit the clover bounce back.

Thanks,

jack