Bad neighbors?

gunther89

5 year old buck +
We seem to have some bad neighbors that surround our land. From guys who drive around right before last light and holler in their woods, having amish who shoot everything, to guys who do drives and don't look for deer after they shoot at them.

Is this the "norm" for neighbors anymore? Is the only way to better neighbors is selling and moving on? We've tried talking to some and it doesn't seem to get anywhere.

I'm really starting to realize I live in a bubble, like the people in DC. Not that I don't have complaints about neighbors and some trespassers. But....

I should remember, but what state are you in?

Bad neighbors are almost everywhere. Unfortunately it's part of the game

I'm really starting to realize I live in a bubble, like the people in DC. Not that I don't have complaints about neighbors and some trespassers. But....

I should remember, but what state are you in?
Wisconsin

It just you, but I'm lucky to only have one idiot and his dogs to deal with. Nobody else lives on the surround ground, and I rarely see or here them. I feel like you will always have somebody to deal with no matter where you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who buys the 148 acres for sale right next to me will have an awesome neighbor! Lol

Anyone who buys the 148 acres for sale right next to me will have an awesome neighbor! Lol

I'll take it.

Wait, they don't want real money, do they...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man i hear you! During bow season the neighbors drive ATV behind me and think there boys are out shooting.Only good time to hunt is during the week. I just pray for it to get cold and that slows them down a lot. During gun season have 2 huge groups around me that drive everything and kill anything the possible can. I spend more time during gun season keeping people off my land than hunting. I come to hate gun season because it brings out all the a holes.

Similar to the situation I am in. Its what people do unfortunately. Some people luck out and have great neighbors but for majority of us we have at least one neighbor that has different ethics and values than our own. If you are really lucky then you get 4 bad neighbors or more to deal with but its part of having land. Just make the best of it and don't let it get you down. Just be super thankful they don't allow deer hunting with dogs in your state then you really would be in for a rude awakening. After the first day of gun season you might as well stay at home because deer movement in the day time after this is non existent at best!

One group shot 25 with 3 being over 135" with 13 being fawns and other group shot 14 with 1 being over 140". 90% of them guys pull there guns out 2 days and the first time the step foot in a wood all year is opening day that one guy in the whole group goes around and get permission. Nothing says big buck killer like surrounding a woods and killing everything that comes out.

One group shot 25 with 3 being over 135" with 13 being fawns and other group shot 14 with 1 being over 140". 90% of them guys pull there guns out 2 days and the first time the step foot in a wood all year is opening day that one guy in the whole group goes around and get permission. Nothing says big buck killer like surrounding a woods and killing everything that comes out.

These are the guys that will be the first ones to bitch about seeing no deer next year.

We adjoin seven different neighbors. Some are good. Some less than good. One of the biggest issues is fence line hunting. How do you guys handle that? And do you have policies on people who must hunt the property line and need to recover deer in your land?

Yeah they will but they will kill fawns and anything the possible can. As for people hunting line most of are good but I have one neighbor that is terrible. But he has had bad luck lately he has had 4 trees fall over with stands in them. Let me clarify. If they hang a stand on the line and face there side I don't mind as much as ones that hang it facing my side with branch cut off my side to shot on my side. I've call the DNR and cops but they say there nothing they can do. So I cut the trees down and set there stand on the stump. I've had numerous talks with him and there pricks I told him I'll cut down every tree on the line if I have to but there getting better now. But I always try and work it out before I take it to that level.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Since we clearcut a section of our woods this past May, we noticed a new stand and a make shift ground blind roughly 50 yards away that the amish have placed around the clearcut. They told us they see deer in the cut all the time. Just hope they know not to shoot into it otherwise there will be consequences.

A neighbor that stays on their side of the fence is a good neighbor. What they shoot or do on their side doesn't concern me as long as they are legal .

A neighbor that stays on their side of the fence is a good neighbor. What they shoot or do on their side doesn't concern me as long as they are legal .
I wish more people thought like this. Everyone wants their neighbors to hunt, harvest, and use their properties in such a way to benefit themselves. Consider that those neighbors likely disagree with the way you hunt, harvest (or don't), and use your land.

Since we clearcut a section of our woods this past May, we noticed a new stand and a make shift ground blind roughly 50 yards away that the amish have placed around the clearcut. They told us they see deer in the cut all the time. Just hope they know not to shoot into it otherwise there will be consequences.
If they are eyeballing your clearcut enough to know how much deer use it is receiving, they are likely hunting in or at least directly over your clearcut regularly.

I don't have many neighbors that hunt but most of them don't know what a fence or no trespassing sign means. I just got a picture of one of my anti-hunter neighbors on my side of the fence. At least on the other side of the property I have good neighbors that let me hunt on their property.

My neighbors at the land are all good folk. We don't see eye to eye on harvest guidelines but if that's the only thing I can come up with it could be a lot worse. Got a couple who live in the area that routinely stop at my place and check on it for me, send deer pics, etc. I had a break in this spring and was not prepared to deal with the door jam on that trip. Made a call and was back in business within a couple hours. I'd call that a friend.
My neighbor next door at the home compound is an entirely different story. Watches me mow lawn so I don't get any clippings on his side of the world.:confused: He leaves me well enough alone and I reciprocate in full.

I hate to post and jinx myself but I have pretty good neighbors. I really can't complain about anything.