All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April 29

Spur

5 year old buck +
So, we have no sign of spring yet. Grass is still the brownish color, no buds have broke, and I am watching snow fly. It is near white out conditions, much like a blizzard and about 1/4” of snow on the ground. It feels more like I should be getting ready for rifle season and not spring gobbler season. In July when it is pushing 90 degrees, I will probably be longing for a day like today. Who am I kidding? I want to go a couple of years without seeing snow after this past winter!

I have a number in the backyard between silver and green tip. About half are still dormant. I'll probably wait a week before I field graft anything.

If it's any comfort - our spring work detail at camp saw snow flying hard on Sunday morning with windy, raw conditions. It was 33 degrees when I went out on the front porch at 6:30 AM. It only made it to 44 degrees for a high.

Some apples and crabs were opening green - mostly the crabs - but most were at silver or still dormant. Trailman & Chestnut crabs were leading the pack for green.