Apple p orn

Last of 3 aztec fuji apples that I bagged on the tree.
b8880980f426a8c66102023ce0ede252.jpg
6bc7fcf079e3a26d1ec86ab08f94c6c9.jpg
5bd15ca92c07119182170f6a67f97779.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Limbertwig..man I wanna taste 'em! I dont know of anywhere to make that happen around these parts (SE Mich) ...guess I gotta grow one out.

No pic, but I had a chance to try a Crimson Topaz ( DR variety ), and an Autumn Crisp yesterday from a local orchard. Both are really great apples. Really hard, crisp, snappy apples. Both are sweet / tart and juicy. We have 2 Crimson Topaz trees at camp, so I was really interested to try one. I bought 1/2 peck of both of those varieties, and 1/2 peck each of Stayman Winesaps & Macs. Can't wait for our local Goldrush to be ready.

I wanted to share the info about Crimson Topaz since it's a DR variety for wildlife and is a great eater too.

EDIT: The Autumn Crisp is sweeter than the Crimson Topaz. The CT has more "puck" - tang - ( not sour ) than the Autumn Crisp. 5 stars for the Crimson Topaz.

Last edited:
The local orchard says 2 weeks until their Goldrush are ready. Can't wait. Yours look perfect. ^^^^^

The local orchard says 2 weeks until their Goldrush are ready. Can't wait. Yours look perfect. ^^^^^
I also can’t wait for some gold rush local

A weird tid bit about myself

I’ve really been hammering the fresh apples whole this year. About a dozen years ago I developed a weird allergy with apples and other fruit that gave me throat swelling and a severe heartburn feel for about 20 minutes after eating. For some reason last year all these allergies just disappeared and I’m really grateful to be able to just grab an apple and eat it again so I’ve been going a little crazy.

I also can’t wait for some gold rush local

A weird tid bit about myself

I’ve really been hammering the fresh apples whole this year. About a dozen years ago I developed a weird allergy with apples and other fruit that gave me throat swelling and a severe heartburn feel for about 20 minutes after eating. For some reason last year all these allergies just disappeared and I’m really grateful to be able to just grab an apple and eat it again so I’ve been going a little crazy.

My apple guzzling is about done as I have only a handful of edible apples left on the trees by my house. Have you eaten so many that your stomach hurts, not too mention near diarrhea?

Well, next it will be more cider and apple sauce from the freezer? I eat lots of crab apples. Maybe they are a bit harder on the stomach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doubtful mine would make it for 2 weeks before a freeze and I'm leaving town next week so thought it best to start picking. I set aside a bushel of the ripest largest ones, note to self, thin harder in 2020 (biennial)...lots of small apples/too many ...last year all apples were frozen thru/turned to mush on Nov 8th. 3 bushel of small barely ripe green GR in my garage and probably another bushel at least on the tree.

So, I guess gradual ripening is ...okay, as I get some early ones...but I wish I could leave them for another two weeks, heck 6 weeks they would be awesome...hope they ripen okay in my garage...they are mostly destined for juice. Getting Goldrush ripe on the tree here in SE Mich is a struggle against the freeze, the deer will get some for sure.

I've got another tree to pick - I probably will leave it - plan to pick on the 10th or 11th (Nov) when I get home...if it ain't frozen solid..forecast is hopeful from what I've seen. I've got a few GrannySmith still hanging too. If it freezes before I can get them...all deer food.

Bur ^^^ - I've been eating 2 to 4 apples a day lately. Makes for a rumbly gut and lots of backfires !!! Too good to pass up though.

Jhoss - Your location is definitely colder than here, so you have to pick when you need to. Our Goldrush at camp are usually ripe a bit earlier than the GR from the local orchard here in S.E. Pa. Locally, GR are not ready until at least the end of October, and the peak of picking is usually Nov. 8th to about Nov. 20th.

Bur ^^^ - I've been eating 2 to 4 apples a day lately. Makes for a rumbly gut and lots of backfires !!! Too good to pass up though.

Applesauce does the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk