Anything positive on co-ops to report ??

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
How are you guys doing on getting some private co-ops going ?? Any neighbors working together ?? I know the upper Mid-Westers were trying to get some going, but anyone can chime in !!

My neighbor and I talked last season and agreed to let the resident big momma with twins walk because there did not seem to be many doe running around and because frankly we enjoy seeing her. She passed safely under my stand several times. Not really a "coop" but definitely a start since it was only my second season on the property.

edit... forgot to mention neighbor is a long time resident in the area who knows everybody. I'm sane enough to understand that most in the area will shoot any antlered deer if the opportunity presents itself. But if we can keep the doe harvest to a reasonable level we should all have "decent" hunting into the future.

Last edited:
We're in our third year now where I live and have over 2000 acres in it I believe. I also have neighbors in the area who are not in the coop that might as well be considered our shared goals so that would account for another 700 acres. Scattered around us are still families that enjoy being out but will shoot anything they see. Nothing will ever be perfect but it's certainly better than when I bought my farm in 2011.

I would say the best thing you can do is keep talking and offer encouragement and knowledge to those who don't. We do this a few times a year at social cookouts and we also share our emails to keep in the loop.

We're in our third year now where I live and have over 2000 acres in it I believe. I also have neighbors in the area who are not in the coop that might as well be considered our shared goals so that would account for another 700 acres. Scattered around us are still families that enjoy being out but will shoot anything they see. Nothing will ever be perfect but it's certainly better than when I bought my farm in 2011.

I would say the best thing you can do is keep talking and offer encouragement and knowledge to those who don't. We do this a few times a year at social cookouts and we also share our emails to keep in the loop.
How did yours get up off the ground?

Well have to say most of the coordination has been done by Younggun1849. He just got to know his neighbors and did the leg work and sent emails and stuff to get the line of communication going. Basically from there is the next neighbor up to talk to those by them.