All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Altoz Mowers

Mista Paacha

5 year old buck +
I've been running Gravely mowers for the last 15 years. Yesterday my 260Z Gravely puked oil out the bottom end. Since I have 7 acres to mow between the two acreages I needed something quickly. I ran to the implement dealer that has Gravely mowers. I was shocked to see how much they have gone up in price and that they cheapened up the mower. THey no longer offer a full hydraulic deck which in my opinion is a must on anything over 60".
I have bought two Gravely mowers from this guy and he swung me away from them into an Altoz mower. I have never heard of them.

This mower is built in northern Minnesota by lumberjacks. The transaxles are much larger providing a much smoother speed range and a crazy fast top end. 24" tires are larger than the Gravely. The 33hp EFI Kohler is not even offered in a Gravely. The spindles in the deck have four bearings not two. The deck is made of thicker steel. The kicker is the Altoz was $4000 less.
20170603_154155_zpstuurgfup.jpg

20170603_154202_zpsviventkj.jpg

20170603_154215_zps8u7qpxr3.jpg

very nice looking machine

Never heard of them,does deck flip up for cleaning?Great looking machine

How is the ride? Have you ever tested a Ferris?

Beautiful machine. Almost too pretty to use :)

Never heard of them,does deck flip up for cleaning?Great looking machine

Does not flip up like a Grasshopper.

How is the ride? Have you ever tested a Ferris?

The suspension seat and the large tires provides a very nice ride. My farm is very rough. This took it very well.

Never seen a Ferris mower. John Deere, Gravely, Simplicity, Dixon(used to be), Walker, Cub Cadet are the most common around here. The guy I bought mine from just started selling them this year. I'm not sure where the next closest dealer would be.

Another fine product of nw mn :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That looks like the Mack Daddy of mowers.

They sure make a nice mower!
f2a561d19691090c0b295359dab3749a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Does it have suspension like a Ferris? I use to think it was a gimmick, but it definitely helps.

Looks like a nice mower with a good suspension seat. The Kohler EFI is what I would be concerned about - we were told to stay away from them.