Your favorite hand pruners?

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
What is your favorite hand pruner? I need a new set.

Felco have 5 or 6 pairs here , some 15 years or more never wear them out , have changed blades now on a few though , your children will not wear them out

Yea they cost a little but you know what they say ,, He who buys quality only cries once ,,

Nothing wrong with Felco, but I do have a pair of Corona pruners that I bought locally for under $25 and I have been relly pleased with them as well.

Looked at them on line. Is the Felco no. 2 the "fan favorite"?

Looked at them on line. Is the Felco no. 2 the "fan favorite"?

I'm not sure what the "fan favorite" is, here's a link to the one I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Felco-F-2-Classic-Manual-Pruner/dp/B00023RYS6

And I can post a quick video on how to sharpen them. Done in under a minute and sharp as heck when you are done!

Thanks,

-John

I'm not sure what the "fan favorite" is, here's a link to the one I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Felco-F-2-Classic-Manual-Pruner/dp/B00023RYS6

And I can post a quick video on how to sharpen them. Done in under a minute and sharp as heck when you are done!

Thanks,

-John

That'd be great. Pretty sure mine could use a little tlc.

I ordered the Felco no. 2. Where is the video on sharpening them ha ha. On a serious note, I would love to see a video on sharpening them and any other tools that need sharpened by hand. Bushog blades and grinders I have down.

I ordered the Felco no. 2. Where is the video on sharpening them ha ha. On a serious note, I would love to see a video on sharpening them and any other tools that need sharpened by hand. Bushog blades and grinders I have down.

Jake and I just talked about it last night. We'll make a simple video this weekend and post it. They are super easy to sharpen when you've done it as many times as I have!

-John

Thanks. I will treat them better than my 3008 Bushog! I consider a heavy duty Bushog an invitation to test what it can handle. So I am really good at sharpening those blades !!!!

I've got Felco #2's. I love them. Got a pair for my mom for Christmas.

As promised, here is a quick video showing how to sharpen a Felco pruner. It was a little difficult to get the right angle for the camera.... It's much easier when nobody is looking :)

I always start on the back side, then switch to the front side, then knock any burr off created by sharpening either side. The finger nail test will tell you how sharp they are, and feeling the edge will show any burs. The "raking" down the edge is simply to break a burr off. You can chase the burr from side to side if you don't rake down the edge instead.

Thank you for posting the video. That is how I have sharpened my F2's , but wasn't sure if it was correct.

Thank you for posting the video. That is how I have sharpened my F2's , but wasn't sure if it was correct.

You are welcome. If you keep them sharpened regularly, it doesn't take much.

We sharpen ours approximately every 2 - 4 hours of use. Oil them with 3 in 1 between sharpening helps too.

If they aren't used often, oil them heavily and wrap them in paper towel. Corrosion is their enemy.

Annually I disassemble them to do a deep clean and lube them.

-John