All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wonder how this will work for a screen?

D

dipper

Apparently Egyptian wheat is suffer from some aphids or disease and seeds gonna b hard to come by.
I'm communicating with a wholesaler about this sorghum. They are starting the process of marketing this to us plotters as a ew alternative.
f158a9b744c2d1913b5c7f7f9cddb1ca.jpg

I'm gonna get my hands on some this spring.

Is that the stuff from Ceres/Blade Energy?

I looked into planting EW or some type of sorghum sudan grass last spring for a screen but decided to go with shrubs instead. For me permanent was more of a need vs immediate.

Is that the stuff from Ceres/Blade Energy?
Not sure, I'm friends with a scientist from Purdue who works with this stuff for bio mass/energy reasons.
The guy selling the seed is from Madison

I did a 6' wide row of EW one year and it was better than some of the hybrid sorghums sudan grass. It grew 6-9' and help up pretty well until heavy snow & wind. Make sure you fertilize with 40-0-0 to get the growth you want. I wouldn't get caught up in the genetic blends, they are all grown in very controlled areas. It's all about good soil, sun, moisture, & fertilizer.

Got my plot screen order in before it's gone.