Wisconsin Nursery-Greenhouse?

strawhead

5 year old buck +
Is there a place in Wi to get conifer plugs like Itasca or NCR carries?

Not sure what part of WI you are in, but there is Van's Pines in SW MI. They grow conifers in Jiffy pots which are easy to plant. I got a couple hundred from them in 2012 and they were very nice trees and nice people. Otherwise, if you are worried about shipping costs, NCR and maybe Itasca will pull them from the pots and wrap the roots in plastic. Makes shipping very reasonable.

Not sure what part of WI you are in, but there is Van's Pines in SW MI. They grow conifers in Jiffy pots which are easy to plant. I got a couple hundred from them in 2012 and they were very nice trees and nice people. Otherwise, if you are worried about shipping costs, NCR and maybe Itasca will pull them from the pots and wrap the roots in plastic. Makes shipping very reasonable.
Itasca told me that if they did the above, the trees should be planted somewhat ASAP. Get the Styrofoam container and you can keep them for awhile.

Thanks everyone. I was just curious if WI had a plug nursery. I had looked online before I asked the question and found plugs in Sturgeon Bay. They don't have any where near the options that NCR or Itasca offer. I'm in northwest WI. Now I just need to pick one and get the order in.

I make the trip from NW MN to pick up the plugs. I would go with Itasca if I were in NW WI.