Wisconsin Bear Permit

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
I got drawn for a Zone D bear permit. Any one else draw a bear permit this year?

Nice! I only did another preference point. You doing bait or dogs?

Nice! I only did another preference point. You doing bait or dogs?

I will be doing bait. I help a Bear Guide out every year so I will do that and after all the clients are done I will pick a good bait out and hopefully get a big bear.

I got drawn for a Zone D bear permit. Any one else draw a bear permit this year?
Did you get notified by mail or can you check online?

Have fun, bear hunting is a blast!

Just checked online. I got my tag this year for A zone!

I passed on a tag this year, I'll get a tag next year in zone c.

Have fun, bear hunting is a blast!

I know it is a blast. I have been helping a Bear Guide for the last 4 years. Will help out again this year and once the clients are all done I will pick a bait out and hopefully get a Big bear.

I really want to do it and have the right land for it. But I just don't know if I would have the time to do it right to keep those bait piles maintained enough.

I really want to do it and have the right land for it. But I just don't know if I would have the time to do it right to keep those bait piles maintained enough.

The guide I help out starts baiting the end of July. He baits once a week until mid August than it is twice a week. Two weeks before season it is every other day and the week before season it is every day. It takes lots of time and bait to do it the right way.

The guide I help out starts baiting the end of July. He baits once a week until mid August than it is twice a week. Two weeks before season it is every other day and the week before season it is every day. It takes lots of time and bait to do it the right way.
That is why I keep putting it off.

That is why I keep putting it off.

Probably better to have a guide do the work for you or if you have a neighbor that you can trust to do it for you.

R

FYI, anyone helping/handling bait needs a license from the dnr.

That is correct. All that the person that helps is a Claas B bear permit which if memory serves me is 14.00 for a resident. Now if you pay some one to do it, they need a Wisconsin Guide License which is 40.00

Probably better to have a guide do the work for you or if you have a neighbor that you can trust to do it for you.
But then what kind of fun is it?! You get a lot more entertainment running baits and checking trail cams doing it yourself. Sure it's a lot of work, but it's satisfying.