Will grafts be affected by cold?

Apple and pear grafts are pretty forgiving. They usually do fine in freezes, particularly if they haven't leafed out. A hard frost after leaf out can be rough on them though.

Up to only about 2-3 out of 15 that didn’t pop out..to note the “larger” diameter grafted scions took longer to leaf out and the “smaller” diameter scions were among those that did not take…don’t know if this is usually the case?

I had grafts last year wake up around mid June last year. Was loosing hope for a winter wildlife I grafted. It woke up a month after most of my grafts did, around memorial day. I planted them in pots and let them sit in the mid 50's degree basement for 3 weeks to heal. Then they were on my covered east facing front porch for about 2 weeks.

Best graft takes have been my crossbow. I literally pruned them fresh off the vine. Lefts 2 or 3 lower limbs to use as grafts. At most, those grafts had 3 hours off a tree. Not sure it mattered, but left the east side lower limbs as scion donors. The garage shades the east side by about 2 hours of morning light on the lower part od the tree. Maybe the garage is 25 feet away.

Here’s a new one..this graft that just popped out about a week and a half ago is producing FRUIT..I have a guess as to what it is (Scion roulette is what happens when you don’t label the Scion as you are pruning and also have some Scion ordered)..but may wait till I know…it was grafted onto a RUBY RUSH..yes I plan to remove most of it but want to keep some to see what fruit I have wrought haha..added the second picture cuz that graft is doing so wellIMG_1671.jpegIMG_1665.jpeg