Where to buy Durana clover online?

eclipseman

5 year old buck +
I am having a hard time sourcing durana clover locally. Does anyone know a place I can order from online? Everywhere I look it is a buck on the bag and extremely expensive, like 10$ a pound which doesn't even include shipping. If not, then I guess ill stick with ladino.

Check Hancock Seed out of Dade City, Florida and Sportsman Guide. SG has the best price that I've found.

I am having a hard time sourcing durana clover locally. Does anyone know a place I can order from online? Everywhere I look it is a buck on the bag and extremely expensive, like 10$ a pound which doesn't even include shipping. If not, then I guess ill stick with ladino.

The best source for Durana for me has been Harvey Nail at Poudre Valley Coop. There is no on-line ordering but they have a web site. I know at one time he was offering a discount to QDMA folks. At any rate, the last time I bought it, the price was $5/lb in 25 lb bags and that included shipping cost. I could not touch that price locally.

There is no doubt it is more expensive than common ladino but I find it's drought tolerance and persistence well worth the added seed cost. I get at least 3 more years out of it than I did with common ladino. If you have not planted it before, keep in mind it is slower to establish than common ladino. You need to plant in the fall with a WR nurse crop and then mow the WR back to 6" each time it hits a foot or so in the first spring. After that first spring I only mow once or twice a year.

Thanks,

Jack

Deer creek seed sell it?

Deer creek seed sell it?
No. It's not on their website or in their catalog. They sell dutch white, ladino, medium red, crimson, alsike and berseem clovers.

Ouch! 5lbs for $50...That's $10/lb. I paid half that from Harvey.
Oh Yoder! You are so quick to react, pass judgement, and to display your immense propensity for always finding the good deal!
I'd guess you're referring to the Rackmaster bag on Amazon?

Look closely! THIS bag has a picture or a really BIG buck on it! While I am sure the habitat you manage holds many such bucks, I'd bet the Durana you found for only $5 a pound didn't have any pictures on it? As an added bonus, this "Amazon" bag is coated and reinforced to protect it from heavy handed shippers! But, shipping is free if you are an Amazon PRIME member (available for $119 a year).

Here's the best part! There's not five pounds of seed in the bag! Care to guess why?

Oh Yoder! You are so quick to react, pass judgement, and to display your immense propensity for always finding the good deal!
I'd guess you're referring to the Rackmaster bag on Amazon?

Look closely! THIS bag has a picture or a really BIG buck on it! While I am sure the habitat you manage holds many such bucks, I'd bet the Durana you found for only $5 a pound didn't have any pictures on it? As an added bonus, this "Amazon" bag is coated and reinforced to protect it from heavy handed shippers! But, shipping is free if you are an Amazon PRIME member (available for $119 a year).

Here's the best part! There's not five pounds of seed in the bag! Care to guess why?

You're right! Sorry, I forgot to add the value of the high quality bag and photography work. My mistake. My guess to the answer to your question is seed coating.

Thanks,

Jack