When you set the vegan up perfectly...

IkemanTx

5 year old buck +
So, I have been in a probably 5 day discussion on social media with a an activist vegan. He and I had had a very civil discussion over the last 5 days. Not even joking, he has been completely diplomatic and respectful. We just disagree.

Here are the basics of where we agree and disagree

Where We Agree:
our current food model sucks, involves way too much animal suffering, degrades soils, and doesn’t provide dense nutrition like those same plants used to.

Where we disagree:
Animals are “equal to” humans, soybeans “don’t” destroy hundreds of thousands of acres of native habitat, plant based protein “doesn’t” kill anything... (no worms die, no mice get plowed under, no animals lose habitat, no pollinators lose needed plants etc...), and his view that meat eaters are immoral...

I finally spun him to the point I wanted him to argue the whole time, which is that animals are equal to humans. I did this because it is the whole foundation of the radical vegan movement, but is by far the easiest to dismantle.

After all that, I couldn’t help but lay a joke in there that will probably keep him from sticking around long enough for me to make my point... but I couldn’t help it.

For context, he asked if I had children or pets, which I knew would be an attempt to argue the “would you want this farming practice done to your pet or child” argument. He isn’t actually saying it should be done to a child.
4a2c88218d213598403b53de05f59052.jpg

No trolling please. I don’t want his experience with meat eaters to be negative... at least not from the hunting community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe different but maybe not
When I get into this discussion I always ask where different animals eyes are located.

I use it when someone says how can hunt? My eyes are in the front of my head and both of them can form a single point of focus. Why? Because I’m a predator!

Use the wolf. They love wolves.

Predators have eyes in the front of their head so they can focus and attack prey, period.

Prey animals have eyes on the side of their head so they can see both in front and in back at the same time to avoid predators.

The only argument I’ve ever gotten was a hammerhead shark. Which if you look up can form a single focus point and see front and back. Ultimate predator!

From there it comes down to laziness. We have it so good we don’t have to chase our food...

I have canine teeth. I use them.

Not worth arguing.

I don't get into it too much. I respect the reasons why somebody might be a vegan or a vegetarian. I just ask for that respect to be reciprocated. When it's not and a vegan or vegetarian challenges me, 9 times out of 10 they are wearing something made out of leather...a belt, shoes, boots, hand bag, sandals, etc. Case closed.

Everyone is missing the “herding cats” joke I slipped in there...

I am with sandbur in this one. It is like politics, you can argue all day, no one will change the other persons mind.

The person you were debating seemed liked they might be foreign the way they spell, anyway they are definitely militant in their one sided views. I would have been triggered when the idiot started referring to my daughter. I don't know why they try and force their belief system on others.

For me I don't care one way or the other if someone wants to be vegetarian/vegan or whatever...I just don't want them telling me what to do or judging me for how I do it.

I got the cat joke right away....

I don’t have a daughter... easier for me to deflect and not take personally.

I caught the cat herding joke.

They want to eat grass - let them... Just don't get up in my face about how you care about people and pain yet want to get in my face and force your ideas on me...

If you want to be followed....then LEAD!