All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to spray?

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
Stuff is just starting to wake up here, leaves are just barely starting to form, but some of the crabs, pears, and plums I planted have full leaves (From growing at a nursery before being shipped). All these trees are in tubes, should I worry that much when spraying around them to kill everything within 2 feet of them?

I think the tube should keep the trees from any over spraying. The grasses and weeds have had about 5-7 days of growing as its warmed up recently. Do I wait another week or 2 before spraying to get everything good and growing before I kill it?

I should clarify I'm using a mix of Atrazine & Surflan.

Paul was a big supporter of atrazine for around fruit trees, and surflan seemed to be the best thing I could find after talking to some local orchard owners that helps not let weed seeds germinate.