What's the latest on browning cams??

Founder of browning pics lives in my neighborhood. I want to support them, just haven’t had great luck. My farm is an hour away and cell pics is best way for me to use. They prob work great as just regular cameras, I just can’t spend two hours checking every time I go to farm.

I’m a fan of Browning cameras. I have used them for several years without issue. I’ve discovered that animals notice the infrared flash, but don’t seem to notice the invisible flash.

The other issue with that brand is that there are too many variations of the camera, and it is difficult to compare them easily. There is a comparison chart on the browning website, but even that doesn’t include all the different models. I haven’t tried any of the cell cams, mostly because I like to run my cams on video mode, and I don’t think the cell cams send the quality video I like to get.

Here’s a link to a YouTube vid I made with some footage from Browning cams :

This is the camera I’m currently purchasing : https://browningtrailcameras.com/products/spec-ops-edge

Been buying from this site: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1551735-REG/browning_btc_8e_spec_ops_edge_trail.html

Happy 4th !

☝️ So many variations and no white flash/led. That's what I don't get. Same for others like StealthCam, although they at least seem to have cut down on the # of different cams.
I ended up sending Browning an email about my timelapse camera question..just to see what they'd say. I was looking at dedicated timelapse cameras but thought maybe a decent trail camera could do just as good a job. Maybe just not as wide a field of view.

Have my first big issue...tried 2 different SD cards in 2 different sizes and getting a "Card Full" on both cards that I know are empty...can this be fixed by doing a SW update? Thanks for the help...

Have my first big issue...tried 2 different SD cards in 2 different sizes and getting a "Card Full" on both cards that I know are empty...can this be fixed by doing a SW update? Thanks for the help...

Assuming the cards are formatted and not locked? Updating firmware might help.

Assuming the cards are formatted and not locked? Updating firmware might help.
i dont think the issue is the cards....i took a working card that i had just checked out and deleted all the pics off of and put it right in the malfunctioning one and it gave the same error...I guess I could try to reformat both of the cards I tried and try again...want to get this cam working as I have a dandy spot to put it at my inlaws...but thats 50 miles away and I want it to be working without issue before then...

i dont think the issue is the cards....i took a working card that i had just checked out and deleted all the pics off of and put it right in the malfunctioning one and it gave the same error...I guess I could try to reformat both of the cards I tried and try again...want to get this cam working as I have a dandy spot to put it at my inlaws...but thats 50 miles away and I want it to be working without issue before then...
Did you check and see if it still takes pics? I have some Cuddebacks that will tell me that the cards are full but then they'll still work fine.

Did you check and see if it still takes pics? I have some Cuddebacks that will tell me that the cards are full but then they'll still work fine.
yep i was cutting grass in front of it for a half hour before i checked it....shoulda taken at least a few...

I have to format my cards every time for them to work properly in my Browning cameras (not cellular). Just deleting pictures when they've been in another camera doesn't work. No idea why, just learned that it's what I have to do. Hope that's all it is for ya.

I have to format my cards every time for them to work properly in my Browning cameras (not cellular). Just deleting pictures when they've been in another camera doesn't work. No idea why, just learned that it's what I have to do. Hope that's all it is for ya.
I will bring them into work tomorrow and get them reformatted...i have never had an issue with that before and I use an SD card reader to both check and delete pics/vids on all my browning cams...might even bring the cam in to update while im at it...

I will bring them into work tomorrow and get them reformatted...i have never had an issue with that before and I use an SD card reader to both check and delete pics/vids on all my browning cams...might even bring the cam in to update while im at it...
Ya I would try that first. They were very responsive to when I sent my for repairs but also quickly told me mine was too old to be repaired.

We just jammed whatever card into whatever camera for a while and it worked for the most part at first. After geeking out about cameras a little more it seems unformatted cards, damaged cards, or cards of the wrong size/speed is one of the biggest causes of trail cam issues so that is always an easy place to start if having issues.

I have some where between 6-10 Browning Cams...mostly the Dark Ops and Apex varieties...have had to send 2-3 back for faulty battery box hinges (usually they just send me a new one and once an upgrade!) , but other than that they have performed flawlessly...to note these are the highest priced cams that I own and I don't use them to look over huge fields, just small pinch points, mock scrapes and trails.
I run Wildgame Innovations and Stealth Cam the most....also have Primos, Moultrie , Covert, Bushnell and Tasco . Last year I bought my first Browning (forget the model) but it was a entry level model...when I strapped that joker to a tree the battery tray fell out !. I tried snapping the battery tray in again several times and it always fell out. I have since read others have had the same problem...I returned that camera and haven't tried another Browning since. I guess you can get a lemon from any brand , but knock on wood that's the only camera I bought that was defective right out of the box.

I run Wildgame Innovations and Stealth Cam the most....also have Primos, Moultrie , Covert, Bushnell and Tasco . Last year I bought my first Browning (forget the model) but it was a entry level model...when I strapped that joker to a tree the battery tray fell out !. I tried snapping the battery tray in again several times and it always fell out. I have since read others have had the same problem...I returned that camera and haven't tried another Browning since. I guess you can get a lemon from any brand , but knock on wood that's the only camera I bought that was defective right out of the box.
its definitely a known issue with their lower end cams....I just sent the ones with that issue back and they sent me ones that have (so far worked great)...a bit of a hassle but the brownings are by far the best of the lower end (100-ish $$) cams I have used...I couldn't get my WGI cams to last for more than a year or two and the stealth cams for me have actually been pretty good ...I just set them to take 5-6 pics at once in hopes of getting a clear one in there somewhere..

I've had good luck with Wosports cameras for anyone looking for decent cheap cameras. They're all $40-60 mostly. I've had the one out for a year straight without any problems. Pretty easy on batteries too.

Reformatted the card and popped it back in yesterday and it's working like a charm...I had always just used my card readers to delete the pics..guess I will change it to delete them when I put them back in...thanks for the help!

Reformatted the card and popped it back in yesterday and it's working like a charm...I had always just used my card readers to delete the pics..guess I will change it to delete them when I put them back in...thanks for the help!

Good to hear. I typically do a "quick format" on a laptop because the full formatting takes too long and also do the "format SD" or "delete pics" locally at the camera for extra insurance in case i missed formatting one. Makes me wonder if the "formatting" at the camera only would work just as well?

They say even with formatting you shouldn't swap cards between cameras but i'm just not organized enough to deal with that.

Good to hear. I typically do a "quick format" on a laptop because the full formatting takes too long and also do the "format SD" or "delete pics" locally at the camera for extra insurance in case i missed formatting one. Makes me wonder if the "formatting" at the camera only would work just as well?

They say even with formatting you shouldn't swap cards between cameras but i'm just not organized enough to deal with that.
I think swapping between cams to try and see if the issue was card or cam related may have been an issue for me as well....that really mighta messed it up..

I think swapping between cams to try and see if the issue was card or cam related may have been an issue for me as well....that really mighta messed it up..
I've had cards go bad before. Definitely check it.