What's the latest on browning cams??

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Any news or improvements?? Experiences with them lately?? I haven't seen any RECENT reports on Browning cams.

Can't answer, but I've got about a dozen Spec Ops starting to show their age... straps giving up the ghost, paint on the housings fading and peeling, etc... so sure wil be following this thread with interest.

Thanks BBM. I haven't seen much lately on Brownings, so I'm hoping some Browning-savvy guys will chime in. I don't NEED wireless, satellite-messaging cams. I can't justify the cost of some of those systems. I just need RELIABLE cams that don't f-up after hanging them. Brownings have had a good reputation for the money. I hope they still have that good rep. on the newer models.

I bought three of these last year. Two of them have have a few events where they didnt take a picture when I went and pulled card - but they would work next time around. All of them have worked fine last six months - but aggravating at frist. I have some older models been running for six or seven years.

I had a dark ops that I really liked. Took the best photos and videos of any camera I had. Unfortunately it crapped out last year after about 4-5 years. Sent it back to them but they said it couldn't be fixed and offered me a discount on another one. The discounted prices they offered ended up being about the price you could get them on amazon/ebay though.

I have some where between 6-10 Browning Cams...mostly the Dark Ops and Apex varieties...have had to send 2-3 back for faulty battery box hinges (usually they just send me a new one and once an upgrade!) , but other than that they have performed flawlessly...to note these are the highest priced cams that I own and I don't use them to look over huge fields, just small pinch points, mock scrapes and trails.

Ask me in a couple of months. I just put up two of the Browning dark ops that cost around $130. A third one had a problem right out of the box. The battery tray latch wouldn’t latch tight enough and the least little movement let the tray fall out. It is headed home in the mail today.

Ask me in a couple of months. I just put up two of the Browning dark ops that cost around $130. A third one had a problem right out of the box. The battery tray latch wouldn’t latch tight enough and the least little movement let the tray fall out. It is headed home in the mail today.
that was the same issue I had in the ones I returned...it's an issue in about 20-30% of their cams, but they acknowledge it and send you a new one pretty quick...and the ones where it is set right are rock solid...

Not paid attention to non-cell brownings for a while. I had a bad experience with Browning defender ridgeline cell cams last year and returned 3 of them. I have maybe 6 of various dark-ops models from 3-4 years ago. All have worked well, had great battery life, good detection circuits, and prone to false triggers if not set up carefully (and even then may not be fool proof).

The main negative i've noticed the past couple years is they seem prone to being noisy when they trigger with audible clicks. Worse so in cold weather. I'm not sure if this us just when triggering after a filter change (between night ir and day) but its noticeable.

Still solid cams for the price IMO. Bought 8 of these this spring and still have to deploy 4 of them over this coming weekend.

No sales tax is why I usually buy from these guys plus at $115 a cam it was the cheapest.

No issues with any of them out of the box as I set up the dates and settings and what not. TBD on quality or longevity.

Just ordered 1 of these. They say it's 1 of their best cams right now. I've had decent luck with Spec Ops the past few years. Figure may as well try another. Free shipping and no tax.

Plug for trailcampro, they took 3 browning defender ridgeline cell cams on return after they were out for 5 months and gave me 100% store credit. They are a great place to buy from.

I run alot of different brownings,anyone found a good place to buy solar panels for them

Has anyone used the timelapse option in any of their cams and the software used for it? I've yet to own a Browning but was looking at them for that as well as video.

I have constant trouble from my 4 cellular brownings.

Which is best for camera surveys to determine census?

bill

I have constant trouble from my 4 cellular brownings.
I’d avoid the cellular models for sure. We’ve had good luck with some but terrible with others. The data plans are expensive though.

I’d avoid the cellular models for sure. We’ve had good luck with some but terrible with others. The data plans are expensive though.
I now have 5 Tactacam also and haven’t had one problem from any of them.

I now have 5 Tactacam also and haven’t had one problem from any of them.

What issues have you had with browning and what models? I returned all mine but my stepdad still has 6 brownings out (defender, defender pro scout, and defender ridgeline) that I pay the data fees on.

Defender and defender ridgeline. They get poor reception, will stop checking in, and then won’t send hd pics when requested. I have to restart them, pull batteries, delete pics and reformat them and they will work again, then start glitching. It’s a pain.

Also, can’t view hd pics on app (can on Tactacam). And logging in on phone browser it doesn’t really work right. I like to be able to manage all from my phone.

I like to look at my plants and fields too. The Tactacam has 2 times a day check in pics so I can see plant growth even without animal pics. Browning doesn’t. So if I don’t get a pic for a couple of days I don’t know if camera is glitching or just no pics.