What Would You Do?

Bluecollaroutdoors

5 year old buck +
I took a nice walk on the some public today close to next my property. I was partially looking for sign and early sheds, but really scanning the trees for illegal stands as well. I wasn't gone long and I found 5 stands and a no trespassing sign that wasn't within 150 yards of a property line. No name/No number/less than a year old. I seriously think it was an attempt to keep guys that don't know there way around from going any farther. It was wildly out of place. WW (INSERT NAME HERE) DO?

Nothing

Not sure I understand correctly but if it added a buffer between public land and my land. I'd walk on by whistling.

But that's just me.

If the stands an NT signs are illegal I would call it in. I would offer to show your conservation officer where they are an help him take them down. Be a good oppritunity to establish a good working relationship with your agent if you havnt already

I'd report it. If someone is doing something this low that close to your property, just think what they are doing to or on yours.

I'd report it. If someone is doing something this low that close to your property, just think what they are doing to or on yours.
Good point!

Yea Jordan's right, good point.
That never figured into my self serving point. :)

Yep. Someone that'll stoop to that level is probably not co-op material.

It is state land. The stands need to be removed daily. Season has been closed for a month. Do to the way people access the property the random no trespassing sign honestly would be a buffer before people get to mine. One sign in that jungle isnt gonna do anything. I just found it interesting.
It is in my best interest to have less people hunting the public. I have all the waypoints in case I decide to call them in.
Partially yes I would like people to get the idea you cant get away with anything next door and also are not gonna get away with anything on my land.

We have not had issues with trespassers overall but did get a total random nonhunter walking his dog mid summer and a person who hunts the dnr land and neighbors land poured oil over a stand he didnt like close to the property line 5 years ago. No issues since. 1 of those stands is his on the DNR.

neighbors land poured oil over a stand he didnt like close to the property line 5 years ago.
You start playing the snitch on your neighbor game you will be in for some good times. Gotta love wi....deer hunters are bipolar be careful.

He doesn't own anything. He does think he own EVERYTHING. He already has tickets for illegal cutting on dnr lands and jacked up that one stand with the oil.
I am not looking to snitch on my neighbors. We have a great relationship with the neighbors. I have permission to hunt on the same neighbors 40 that he does. I just choose not too because he says yes to anyone. 10 knuckleheads crossing swords is not real productive for anyone.

I agree I do not want to get in some weird back and forth game but its bs that he has a perm. stand out there.

The only reason I posted it was to here some other landowners thoughts.
Im not gonna take the stands or anything but it is certainly a good idea to get out there and know where people are hunting and the activities on that neighboring parcel. I may call them in yet, but I think they would still be there a year from now.