What left this behind?

Barndog56

5 year old buck +
Any idea what left this behind? The large seeds looks like a plum. The smaller are probably some type of wild cherry.
63ce6412c4baf6ba13c548bb6897ce7c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

raccoon or bear

Agree

Too far north for a Sasquatch

bill

If you find the perp....make him clean it up!

Thanks guys. I've only gotten a coon on my trail cam twice in 9 years, so that's why it was a strange pile.

I gather all them up and plant them. They’ve done been recto stratified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what left this behind? The large seeds looks like a plum. The smaller are probably some type of wild cherry.
63ce6412c4baf6ba13c548bb6897ce7c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Is that possibly half a walnut at the bottom of the photo? If so, it might of made a bit of a raspy exit for the perp! Likely be an ouchie for a coon-tail. Could elevate the probability of a bear.

No, that's a plum pit.

Is that a technical term ?😜

Is that a technical term ?😜
It is to me. Directo-recto-stratification and dispersion is the cornerstone of my native habitat plan. Between chokecherry and dogwood, I'm counting on the painful dumps of the forest critters to move my seeds around and get them desirables spread around. I have just a few dogwoods caged in various parts of my property to ensure there's seed for the birds to move around. I didn't end up with much for viable fruit on my dogwoods this year. It was looking really good but they ended up aborting most of their berries because of the drought.

Thanks guys. I've only gotten a coon on my trail cam twice in 9 years, so that's why it was a strange pile.
Where is your property that only has two coons in nine years on trail cam?

Where is your property that only has two coons in nine years on trail cam?
Central Wisconsin. Lots of coons around but just don't come on my land. Our barn cats kill any rabbits or squirrels that venture onto our place. Maybe they have something to do with it.