What is this guy up to?

People that haven't had to deal with fractions since they were in school is common. We have a hell of a time with some trying to read tape measures at work. If you don't do it you forget how. I'm fine with numbers but don't ask me anything about geography.

The first picture looks like a plastic guy guard. Bueller's picture is a extendable pogo. bigborbir has it right. Insurance makes utilities walk and inspect the lines and poles annually. Doesn't always happen as there is only so much time and daylight. Sometimes you run into pot fields or a old meth lab.

The first picture looks like a plastic guy guard. Bueller's picture is a extendable pogo. bigborbir has it right. Insurance makes utilities walk and inspect the lines and poles annually. Doesn't always happen as there is only so much time and daylight. Sometimes you run into pot fields or a old meth lab.
Or mushrooms or deer sheds.

I work for the Railroad and can say without a doubt our right of ways get inspected more closely during mushroom season than any other time of year.