What is this guy up to?

NWWI

5 year old buck +
89F37288-314B-4D7A-A181-DC6E16BAFAD8.jpeg
I just got a picture of this guy walking through my property. Any idea what he is up to with that pole? The funny thing is that he is on his way out and I didn’t see him come in.

Looks like power company employee to me. Do you have a line running through or near that area?

Looks like he’s carrying a guy wire shield for electric company. Do you have poles back there? Probably an inspector and doing some maintaining. I’ve seen these guys on UTVs carrying 20 of them. They put them on where needed.

Looks like power company employee to me. Do you have a line running through or near that area?
There is power at the road a quarter mile a way and an above ground line 3/4 mile away. We get meter readers through every now and then but I can’t figure out what the pole is and where he came from.

Looks like he’s carrying a guy wire shield for electric company. Do you have poles back there? Probably an inspector and doing some maintaining. I’ve seen these guys on UTVs carrying 20 of them. They put them on where needed.
There is a elevated line 3/4 mile back in but it comes off another road with a utility access. I’m not sure what this guy is doing that far from it.

1A0ACD2C-5086-4A88-AB1F-699C2C1D7027.jpeg

There is power at the road a quarter mile a way and an above ground line 3/4 mile away. We get meter readers through every now and then but I can’t figure out what the pole is and where he came from.
I have a line running through my property. They come through once in a while to inspect, trim trees, service, etc. They do not always stay on the right of way.
Untitled.jpg

he most likely got dropped off on one end and then walked out to another pick up spot, saves them from having to back track if there inspecting lines,
just a guess, but have seen them do that before!

he most likely got dropped off on one end and then walked out to another pick up spot, saves them from having to back track if there inspecting lines,
just a guess, but have seen them do that before!
I guess I’d be tempted to get paid to go for a nature hike on a nice day too! I think you hit the nail on the head, but he tacked another mile on to his 3/4 power line maintenance. I’m guessing he gets paid by the hour.

3/4's in 3/4's out, or go 1 mile one way
NOT that big a difference just a 1/4 mile more ,if I got things right L??!~
and that also beats seeing the same scenery, and who doesn;'t like a change of scenery when in the outdoors on a nice day!

be glad there doing it now rather than prime time deer season too, HAHA!

Just another utility guy out shed huntin on the job.

i laid into these guys boss one day. They were right in the middle of my property using my roads to get from one tva line to another as I have two on my property. I explained to their boss they have an easement on the line, not free run of my property. He was cool and said I wasn’t the first guy to call him that day and these guys would get a talking to. Hadn’t seen anyone since. With the amount of cameras out these days it’s hard to get away with much. B97C1F2C-8733-44E3-A283-29E93A43B607.jpeg

Call the power company and ask,Sometimes they aren't supposed to be there

Bueller's pic is a hot stick. That little metal piece on the end can open switches and fuse disconnects on pole safely. could easily be rated for 50kv or more. Most distribution rurally is 13.8kv.

NWWI's pic is a likely guy guard covers. I snowmobile in the adirondacks. Im glad to see these guys putting them up. I carry surveyor's tape on my sled incase there's one without it.

Once I left my cell cameras up outside of hunting season I was surprised about what goes on when I’m not around. I had a cross country skier go by a couple of weeks ago.
If these people use my property as they see fit that means I get to use theirs during hunting season right?

3/4's in 3/4's out, or go 1 mile one way
NOT that big a difference just a 1/4 mile more ,if I got things right L??!~
and that also beats seeing the same scenery, and who doesn;'t like a change of scenery when in the outdoors on a nice day!

be glad there doing it now rather than prime time deer season too, HAHA!
3/4 + 3/4=1 1/2

Definitely a power pole in his hand, they left one at my house when they went through cutting down all the Ash trees on my road.