What broad head you shooting this yr???

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
What you guys shooting this yr??? I must admit I'm a sucker for wicked rear deploying broadheads! It's usually somthing for me to blow my cabelas points on from my biz credit card. I'm thinking I'm gonna shoot the new 2 blade rear deploying head from G5 called havoc. Along with a couple rage hyperdermics left from last yr. both are 2" cut. Bass pro has a new head this yr that looks nice simple an effective called blackout. It is a rear deploy with 1.5" cut. Would be a great head for low poundage set up.

NAP Killzones. I really like the design. One shot, one deer dropped within sight so far.

I am sticking with my tried and true 3 blade Muzzies

NAP Killzones. I really like the design. One shot, one deer dropped within sight so far.

I know allot of people shooting kill zones and have heard all good results ! Only thing I don't care with the head is the lil nut that holds the blades isn't recessed it sticks out and isn't stream line. I know I'm nit picking lol. I have seen people shoot through elk with em on the outdoor channel. So I'm prolly over thinking it:) Other than that they look like killers to me!

On my compound I shoot G5 montec's, on the crossbow I shoot Rage's. For some reason the mechanical heads fly better on my crossbow and have just been to cheap to experiment with other heads on my compound.

Gonna try Dead Ringers this year.
Been using Rage for several years.

After 22 years of shooting Thunderheads I literally just bought some Hypodermics last night to try out. Just looking for a bigger bloodtrail is all. Hopefully experiment with a doe here in the metro. Only was able to take a couple of practice shots last night.

I know allot of people shooting kill zones and have heard all good results ! Only thing I don't care with the head is the lil nut that holds the blades isn't recessed it sticks out and isn't stream line. I know I'm nit picking lol. I have seen people shoot through elk with em on the outdoor channel. So I'm prolly over thinking it:) Other than that they look like killers to me!

Ive heard nothing but good things either and it worked great for me too.

All these new or superior heads out there show the power of marketing. 3 blade muzzy for me
If you want a better blood trail make a better shot.

All these new or superior heads out there show the power of marketing. 3 blade muzzy for me

There are pros and cons to using both heads. It isn't as simple as "marketing".

I have used Aftershock Hypershocks for 5 years and they seem to work well, plus they are based in my home state, whats not to like if they work ya know?

When its all said and done, no matter what you shoot, you are going to spend $10-$13 per broadhead.

Make a good shot with any brand you like, and the end result is the same. Dead deer with a tag on it.

In the end, what does it matter what people shoot, as long as they are taking shots within their ability....

I buy close-out heads at walmart in November and spend about $4 each on Muzzy's. They work, they're accurate with my rig, and the price is right.

Couldn't agree more BLB.

Three blade muzzy for me. I like to use the same broad head on a deer or an elk. Mechanicals have no place in the elk woods or in my quiver while deer hunting.

I like a drain hole in my game. Every animal I have ever shot with a fixed blade was a pass through. I can't say the same for the one year hunted and two animals I killed with a mechanical.

MA160 with a brass insert and 100 grain brass weights in the shaft.

Three blade muzzy for me. I like to use the same broad head on a deer or an elk. Mechanicals have no place in the elk woods or in my quiver while deer hunting.

I like a drain hole in my game. Every animal I have ever shot with a fixed blade was a pass through. I can't say the same for the one year hunted and two animals I killed with a mechanical.

Have you tried rear deploying heads? I would agree with you 100% that front deploying mechanicals have no place in a hunters quiver for any animal except turkey's. They rob energy from your arrow. Rear deploying do not.

Yes dipper but if anyone has hunted long enough they have experienced the heart ache of a poor shot. If I slip up an put one in the guts I want a 2" cut not a 1" fixed head. I like fixed heads too, just a pro vs con is all

10580029_750971951631648_1915089937948650648_n.jpg
Look how they completely blow up a pair of Wranglers on impact.