What Am I?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I was outside the mall taking a phonecall today and realized I was standing next to this guy. During my call, I snapped this photo. I meant to snap another photo of the whole tree but forgot as I was trouble shooting the phone conversation.

Any clue what this might be? My guess is some sort of flowering crab. I couldn't believe how much fruit was on this tree. It was covered like this.
IMG_2353.JPG

it is either a ornamental crab or ornamental cherry. I have an ornamental crab and it produces "fruit" similar to that. Only feeds the birds at best. I planted mine to help to pollinate my other apples trees. My intent is to try to turn it into a franken-apple at some point as well.

A local shopping mall has those same type crabs planted all around it's parking lot. In early fall, those trees are school-bus yellow (leaves) and drooping with bright red crabapples like those. Typically 1/2" to 3/4" dia. A good number of them drop all during the fall, but some remain on the tree thru winter. Deer will eat the drops..... they're pretty tart and smell cider-ish when on the ground. They're called " ornamental " but they will feed critters.