What’s this world coming to…

River-X

5 year old buck +
LOL!! I started to notice there were a ton of trees around here loosing all the leaves and started looking into it. Leaves are being eaten by caterpillars and they are evidently very hungry. I took some pictures of the caterpillars, trees, close up of the leaves and sent them to my buddy who lives about 8 miles away and asked if he was having the same issues.
My buddy happens to work for the DNR, and in my message to him I said “ are you having any issues with these Gypsy Moth Caterpillars over by you?”
He replies “I sent those pictures to the state forester who replied there is no Gypsy Moth Caterpillar infestation this year”. However, the forester also replied “There is a substantial outbreak of Spongy Moth Caterpillar this season, my phone has been ringing off the hook!”
So I commence to doing a little research on this Spongy Moth Caterpillar…low and behold, its the same damn thing!!! The DNR is calling it by a different name because Gypsy was a racially insensitive term.
Unbelievable! So of course, I message my buddy who is laughing his ass off, he has a great sense of humor and prides himself on seeing how long he can befuddle someone. But really, what the hell are they going to rename the Japanese Beetle now???????

We have a big problem with arm worms again this year. They were all over our valley property eating goldenrod leaves and stinging nettle leaves. I havent had the time to look into other plant species. They have been found in neighboring corn fields a week or so ago. Fields are starting to get pretty patchy looking out there. I know some of them got on top of it early and sprayed.

People are wise to all of the food processing plants "catching on fire" ...

Wait till the animal rights activists start boycotting sports teams with animal names!

Before long, all teams will have names like "The Washington Football Team" 😊

Wait till the animal rights activists start boycotting sports teams with animal names!

Before long, all teams will have names like "The Washington Football Team" 😊
I’m fairly certain “Washington” would trigger some snowflake that one is out also 😆

I’m fairly certain “Washington” would trigger some snowflake that one is out also 😆
Well, perhaps it should be "The (my city name) Football Team". Then they can fight to rename cities instead. Then "Intercourse" PA becomes "What we do behind closed doors is our own business" PA. 😊

A coworker works on aquatic invasive species issues. As many of you are probably aware, there are four species of carp from Asia that are invading lakes, rivers, and streams throughout the U.S. and are causing all kinds of problems. Instead of listing all four species when referring to these fish, they were simply called Asian carp. That was until someone's woke panties got in a wad and decided that Asian carp was derogatory. My coworker sat through hours of meetings where state and federal officials debated the merits of no longer using the term Asian carp and settling on a new term for the fish. They are now referred to as invasive carp. Everyone's feeling are now safe.

Russian olive still cool? I mean they started a war and all.

Russian olive still cool? I mean they started a war and all.
Safe until it becomes a big enough problem nation wide or woke Russians get more influence.

Some days I think Helen Keller was probably the luckiest human on this planet. Obviously, No offense intended to those who are or have family members that are BOTH blind and deaf.