Welcome QDMA forum users and an announcement

I posted this already on some other thread......member since this site got going, but looks like I'm here for good!!

This is really weird for me. I lurked for a loooong time over at the QDMA site and just recently started posting so although I recognize most of you guys, you probably have no idea who I am. :) Anyhow I have some material to provide and I guess you will get to know me. This is like going on the first date with an old friend... Haha!

extremely long time lurker over at QDMA - but never posted. Time to contribute...

160 Acres in Northwest AL
Engineer by trade

Can contribute to:
Dock Build - completed last week (July 2016)
Hunting Camp on your Property
Off Grid Living - Water collection systems - Do's and Donts
Shooting Platform Builds - Fairly Simple
Homemade Cultipacker

Need help with:
Turning crappy soil (coal mine land) into useful habitat
Better hunting practices & strategies
Something you might look into is the American chestnut foundation. I've saw where they plant their advanced blight resistant American chestnut trees on reclaimed coal mine land to test them in real world conditions. I'd bet if you joined a local chapter you could probably get it planted for free!

So long QDMA!!! Thanks so much for this sight!

Hello hello migrating over from the qdma forums. Glad to see some familiar names here!

Greetings! I was actually a relatively new member over at QDMA but might as well focus my time here and let that account die. I look forward to this forum building a useful knowledgebase for all. I'm located in SE Michigan on 5 acres.

Greetings! I was actually a relatively new member over at QDMA but might as well focus my time here and let that account die. I look forward to this forum building a useful knowledgebase for all. I'm located in SE Michigan on 5 acres.

Welcome fellow Michigander!

Post it up in the Native Habitat forum!

Buckhunter most are going under the native habitat section lots of folks have already started there.

Buckhunter most are going under the native habitat section lots of folks have already started there.
Thanks all! I will check it out once I get home from NOLA (business trips really suck out of my posting time)

Something you might look into is the American chestnut foundation. I've saw where they plant their advanced blight resistant American chestnut trees on reclaimed coal mine land to test them in real world conditions. I'd bet if you joined a local chapter you could probably get it planted for free!
Thanks, ill check it out.

Something I would like to add here that many of us have done when we joined here. In your profile for your location - add your state and at least you hardiness zone. This helps other members have an idea of your general conditions and location without having to specifically ask for it.....most of you guys coming over from QDMA may have done that already, and we may know many of you already, but that little bit of information helps everyone and helps build a sense of community because we have a better idea of where everyone is from. If you look at the avatar area of many of the more tenured members like Wisc, Buckvelvet or even myself (I list mine in my signature)you will get a sense of what I'm talking about. Just by looking I can tell that Wisc and Buck both freeze their butts off in the winter time!!!!:D

I second that suggestion j-bird. It sucks when going in to a thread to give advice on something only to have to ask for a location or then change your answer because you thought someone was in a place they are not.

Welcome to all the new habitat junkies.

Hi everyone. I'm one of the many QDMA emigants.
Just call me fsh!

-fsh

One more from QDMA! Looking forward to getting started on this forum

Another from qdma glad it didn't take long to find a new place I lurk mostly but enjoy
Following along

Team #20 Undeertakers

Glad to have found the forum. Looking forward to contributing and learning from everyone here.

Michael

This is really weird for me. I lurked for a loooong time over at the QDMA site and just recently started posting so although I recognize most of you guys, you probably have no idea who I am. :) Anyhow I have some material to provide and I guess you will get to know me. This is like going on the first date with an old friend... Haha!
Crazy you would say that...exactly my situation and I thought the same thing. Just buying some property and eager to get to work! Looking forward to the ride!