Weeds In Mulch Around Fruit Trees?

I've got tons of crabgrass at home. Critters dont mind nibbling it. I spray 2 or 3 times a year with about 3oz/gal 41% gly. May and june maybe again late july eary august. You could add clethodim to it if needed. it does kill crabgrass. Could always double pass them too. spray once, let dry, then spray quick again.

I also give my trees 5 gal of water every 3 days I don't get rain, still controlling things pretty good. Don't let it get too deep, it'll be a nice hideout for the voles.

I planted some trees on the edge of my foodplot. I have read 2,4D is used around apple trees. I thought 2,4D has soil residual and does tree damage. MAybe I was wrong. need to use 2,4D to control some red aramath. Just mowing it low every 2-3 weeks, no seed heads yet.

I got hybrid weedmatting. 3x3 square covered in 1-2 inches of crushed stone. The maybe a 1 to 2ft wide cricle of wood chips around that. Maple / oaks /birch etc are better than the spruce I have. But, haven't heard my trees complain either.

I got hybrid weedmatting. 3x3 square covered in 1-2 inches of crushed stone. The maybe a 1 to 2ft wide cricle of wood chips around that. Maple / oaks /birch etc are better than the spruce I have. But, haven't heard my trees complain either.
I use a similar approach. Rocks under the weed mat to prevent voles, weedmat(3'x3') and rocks on top of the weedmat. I get some weeds in the rocks, but they aren't taking anything from the trees. I usually just leave them.