Weather

Past 2.5 weeks about 0.5" of rain, last 2 days we got 1.4" ... lots still needed
Not to much the low area on my property were starting to be walkable again. First time we have been able to do that since late October.

Not to much the low area on my property were starting to be walkable again. First time we have been able to do that since late October.

Raining again right now ... looks heavy ... :emoji_astonished:

Raining again right now ... looks heavy ... :emoji_astonished:

Yeah it is heavy. Can't see past 75-100yds, quite a bit of wind too.

Just light rain now, 1" in the gauge in only 25mins. I didn't need that.

Last edited:
I just pulled into the grocery store parking lot when it hit. Felt like i was in a hurricane. Had to wait 20 minutes before i could go in.

Limbs down everywhere on drive home and about a dozen large trees blown over with only a 5 mile trip. 1.5" rain in about 45 mins.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

No real damage here though, other than everything in my garden leaning way over. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I'll take a smidge. 80% chance in MO today. They got zero....

We had some more rough weather come through last night. Our house got missed by the news worthy hail by a couple miles earlier in the week. A buddy just North of me lost his siding and his 2yr old truck is peined to hell (haven't heard about the insurance disposition on that yet).

I've got an ash that lost it's peak limb, and may end up removing it because of the damage and how it's leaning towards the house under a power line (been cut back for 50 years), but I need to bounce it off a couple arborists before I go that far.

Hopefully you guys are ok.

Looks like I got about .75" today. Plot should be full green by this time next week!

IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1660.JPG Got a little windy here.

^^^^^Yikes!

NWS has now confirmed 10 different tornadoes touched down during Wednesday's storms. I was lucky and no damage at my home. Last Sunday it was a different story up at my cabin. We have a lot of trees down there that I need to get up to and saw up. The power was out for 3 days.

Those wind blown trees when left alone create awesome deer cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woohoo, neighbor called, scattered showers last night and we got an inch...
I know some of you guys are too wet but we needed it bad.

Got another 0.70" of rain last night here.

Been dry at our home for nearly 2 weeks but dad said he got 3/4" up at the farm (90 minutes north of me) this week. We had storms pop up all around our home this week but they moved away from us or fizzled out just before they got to us. We've got a front pushing through tomorrow that's supposed to drop some rain and cool things off. I'm looking forward to the cool off.

I had about 5" of rain last week. They have been calling for some big raintonight and tomorrow which I don't need, so I spread about 200lbs of urea a few hours ago....that should keep the heavy rain away now:emoji_grinning:

We are getting a good soaker that we need right now.
Overall my area has been very good getting a rain or a two a week following a very wet spring. The crops all look good and my grasses and trees are flourishing...it's about exactly opposite of the dry late spring and summer of last year. I sure don't miss hauling water every three days to keep my young trees happy.

Yep it's been a very good couple months for the pines I planted this spring.