Weather Woes!

M

MoBuckChaser

deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope the culvert washes out at my place. I've probably mentioned that before once or twice. :D

We had some lightning around 10, a bit of thunder around 1, and not enough rain to even raise an eyebrow in the North metro.

Last night I spoke with the farmer who rents my tillable acres, he will be planting beans on my property today, said they received .6 inch of rain yesterday but was still able to get in 400 acres (planting in Jackson County).

raining cats and dogs here in Wadena where I'm staying. Won't be planting trees today.

The weatherman has been calling for T-storms here for the last 2 days which has caused me to change turkey hunting plans and it hasn't rained a drop.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wish we could get a little of that. Hasn't rained in going on 3 weeks here but they say we have a good chance this afternoon of more hail...

The weatherman has been calling for T-storms here for the last 2 days which has caused me to change turkey hunting plans and it hasn't rained a drop.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wisc we are getting them in Antigo both yesterday and this morning. Glad I was in a blind. Some of the lightning strikes were close. Yikes

Had .5" hail yesterday & then rain like you wouldn't believe.

First four wheeler stuck, went to get 4 wheel drive tractor, same thing happened. Spent Friday in hospital , heart attack. Life is too short, do not be stupid like me, it is no worth it.

I hope everything is ok and you are taking it easy at the moment!

I've been seeing a lot of guys stringing manure pit "hoses" (or whatever they're called). Some of them appear to be running the length of full sections!
Neighbor does that. Runs full length of section starts by going threw a culvert first. Hate to be the one to pull the sh$t hose threw it.

First four wheeler stuck, went to get 4 wheel drive tractor, same thing happened. Spent Friday in hospital , heart attack. Life is too short, do not be stupid like me, it is no worth it.
I hope your doing better.

Holy crap Jerry!!
Hope all is well.

I got all my food plots in this week.
Finished corn and beans yesterday as the rain started.
Today finished my clover just as the rain started again.
All done and no stuck equipment. Only a couple low spots that were wet.
Even with all this rain it dries out in no time.

Damn! I hope you're ok.

Stint placed, went home Sunday. Do not know what happened, Big change in my perspective. Cardio rehab thru summer. I feel great, to great, wife runs my life for forseable future, just lucky.

Hang in there, Jerry! Glad you are doing OK.

If any of us can help you out, please let me know. If you need a fall planted rye patch or something, I'll bet we could find a way to get it done.

I planted forty hills of potatoes on Tuesday and my renter planted about half of my land to corn. The lower ends were too wet.

They strung those hoses for over two miles by my place. My big field got chicken manure on it last fall and probably dairy pit this spring.

I was at Jerry's today turkey hunting with his neighbor who can not read no trespassing signs. He said Jerry gave him permission?

Jerry?

My in-laws farming in NW Iowa started planting corn April 16 and finished up pretty quick, and they have about 80 acres of beans left to plant. They wish they were getting some of this rain. I think they said they had a little over an 1" in the last 2 weeks and they were still dry from the winter and fall. The joys of farming.

I'm headed north to move some spruce and balsam around.

Am I wasting time to just pull some spruce out of the moss and stick them in the ground at the edge of a swamp? I understand the J root thing and tuck them deep and then pull them up.

I gave my neighbor some of these pulled trees about 25 years ago and he has a nice stand of spruce.