Waupaca county Wi stud found dead?

CheeseCurd

A good 3 year old buck
Shed heads facebook page. Shows pics of a big ole double drop tine dead along side a road in corn field. Caption says it was found in Marion. Anyone know any details?

I heard it was found dead with another 8 pointer, like they were fighting. But from the sounds of it, not many believe it.... Poached, or lightening?

Big ol head on him!

I saw pictures of him lying on the ground in a corn field before they caped it. Didn't look like poaching as there were no puncture wounds that I could see. His left eye looked beat up pretty good though.

Pretty weird that two bucks would be going at it that heavy in early October.

Did the DNR make someone pay to get a salvage tag for that? That is their normal operating procedure.

I saw pictures of him lying on the ground in a corn field before they caped it. Didn't look like poaching as there were no puncture wounds that I could see. His left eye looked beat up pretty good though.

So the big buck dies of what ... a panic attack?

Poachers are now using .22 or .223 cal ammo, you would most likely not see an entry wound and there may not be an exit wound. Knight vision shooting from inside a truck and very little sound.

A buck of this size, probably 180" plus, would be well known and a local target ... you have to assume poaching ... unless you run into Duffy 3 miles away with a blue light and a tracking dog ... :)

Pretty shaky on details but I've come across a few more pics and the big one and a smaller 8 point both dead with what looks like 10 ft off the road. I can't imagine a fight till the death yet but that's what everyone is saying? I think it looks more like they were both hit by a vehicle while crossing road.. poachers would have lopped the heads off sooner?

"Caped it"? Let me know the magic taxi that can work with that "cape".

Whatever you want to call it I don't care. Before they cut it up is what I was referring to.

Edit: Actually you're correct that pic above there is nothing to work with. I thought there was another pic on the FB page with more of a cape, but I could be wrong.